Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet jumping requires a 3 sec CD

--K--Sharkfin

I think this would be easily solved by the introduction of a special mechanic that limits how much you can bullet jump. DE seems in love with meters and bars lately, so I guess it should be one of them, and if you don't have any meter fill, you can't bullet jump. Like a stamina bar or something.

11 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

Well you can buff sprint speed with mods and abilities to the point where it surpasses bullet jumps.

Which is one of the main issues. Your vertical movement ability can be spammed parallel to the ground to travel as fast horizontally as your upgraded horizontal movement ability. It's like Excalibur's old Super Jump being used to launch himself horizontally to travel faster than Volt's Speed buff with +50% Power Strength. It also has the added advantage of knocking down enemies around you and allows you to avoid some floor hazards.

Edited by RX-3DR

2 hours ago, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

makes players pass up all the work map artists put in to make areas look unique!

If you put a CD on bullet jump, no one will be able to discover those beauty.

Apparently you guys didn't use BJ enough. If they add a CD, those that want to discover (like me) will immediately be bored to death.

Besides, bullet jump is the main thing why I love this game. You cant blame the mechanics just because other people uses for purposes you don't like. 

Bullet jump is the best thing, IMO, this game has and you basically want them to kill the game.

1 minute ago, Xymos said:

Joke or not, we need to balance the movement in the game

The way I see it, there's two approaches.

Nerf the movement, or buff/redesign enemies around it, along with future tilesets. Nerfing movement is obvious, but in this case I think the buff mentality might be better, and it seems DE agrees. Look at the Sentient tileset in Devstream 133 - the scuttling enemies hounding you, the frontally shielded enemies, the multiple floors and verticality and the big, wide beam clusters. Moving fast and moving well is a necessity to survive in such a situation, not something that breaks existing level design.

Simply put, a lot of the enemies were designed for slow movement, and the tilesets were too. Just look at the Corpus Cruiser and its small rooms, minimal verticality and web of catwalks, all put in place to provide the more ground-oriented play a degree of non-linearity in approaching a single point. Compare that with the Jupiter tileset, which has giant rooms, lots of vertical space and empty areas to traverse in - and be a sitting duck in whilst you aim-glide across. Warframe is much more three-dimensional now, and Jupiter, along with a few other areas and enemies, very much reflect that. More of that design philosophy should iron out the kinks in mobility.

• Like 1

If this change would come with a consequent and total rework of warframe abilities as well as enemy resistances and compositions in order to rebalance the game for a slower, yet more tactical and strategic playstyle, then it might be feasible, sure. But I seriously doubt this'll happen, just like I doubt seeing a rework that promotes tactical thinking and maneuvering over just spamming whatever is most convenient, because it would just change the gameplay too drastically especially after warframe's longstanding precedent of fast paced action and horde-destroying abilities. The latter will always be the norm.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

The way I see it, there's two approaches.

Nerf the movement, or buff/redesign enemies around it, along with future tilesets. Nerfing movement is obvious, but in this case I think the buff mentality might be better, and it seems DE agrees. Look at the Sentient tileset in Devstream 133 - the scuttling enemies hounding you, the frontally shielded enemies, the multiple floors and verticality and the big, wide beam clusters. Moving fast and moving well is a necessity to survive in such a situation, not something that breaks existing level design.

Simply put, a lot of the enemies were designed for slow movement, and the tilesets were too. Just look at the Corpus Cruiser and its small rooms, minimal verticality and web of catwalks, all put in place to provide the more ground-oriented play a degree of non-linearity in approaching a single point. Compare that with the Jupiter tileset, which has giant rooms, lots of vertical space and empty areas to traverse in - and be a sitting duck in whilst you aim-glide across. Warframe is much more three-dimensional now, and Jupiter, along with a few other areas and enemies, very much reflect that. More of that design philosophy should iron out the kinks in mobility.

I agree with everything you said, but what about a middle ground? Like a very small adjustment to bullet jump, but better parkour and air manoeuvrability, also a slight run speed buff and better animations to go along with. Maybe you can still bullet jump during the cooldown, but with less propelling forward (The verticality is not affected)

Until you can bullet jump after bullet jumping the comparison to old blink won't be true.

You need to hit the ground after a bullet jump in order to do it again, also it isn't an instant warp to the end point, it is just a leap.

Blink having no cooldown (or restriction, personally I like the "3 charge" idea somebody mentioned as a compromise) isn't the same as a bullet jump having no cooldown, because it is more than possible to get shot in between bullet jumps (or mid flight) before you hit the ground to be able to do it again meanwhile if you blink 14 times it would be literally impossible for anything to hit you.

Disingenuous comparisons won't make blink suddenly have no cooldown again.

Edited by Aldain