Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Tileset - Feedback

(PSN)thegarada

I want to give feedback regarding the sentinel tileset. Note, I know this is in early stages and this is personal first impressions, not a detailed analysis.

The tileset does look cool and unique. I liked the overall structure of the halls and the weird walls and scenery (except the big hall with, water?). However, both the lightning and coloring felt a bit off. Overall, it looks more like Doom hell tileset than a sentinel ship. The faint red colors plus faint red lightning looked, a bit bland. The blue areas looked spot on, but too dark to see. The tileset as whole was a bit poorly lit (and not in a good way). Are the sentinels trying to save on electricity? It did not help the immersion in the tileset either.

Also, the water (or liquid) felt off. It reminded me in Diablo 3 where Adria jumps in a pool of blood and pop-up as a blood demon. Some of the mobs looked too like hell spawn as well, instead of AI. The melee ones in particular. 

Overall, I thought if Rebecca kept going, that Cyberdemon is about to pop next door. Not what an AI ship would probably look like. And, again, I think the low lighting+faint red made it look a bit bland, and something I have seen in too many other games before, compared to the typically more unique settings that WF has.