Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing feedback

Nikikin

I have two questions for you DE:

1) Why did you removed "Experimental flight" from options? It was one thing that made archwings bearable. 

2) Why da hell blink is on the same key as sprint? Are we runout of keys or something?

17 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

No but you can sure bind roll to another key, so you can use sprint for boost and roll for blink at the same time.

Key binds in order are  sprint/roll , sprint, roll.  Stop using the first with double tap, and bind them separate.

Right now archwing is worse than pre update. 0/10. 

Edited by Nikikin
  • Like 4

Yeah I agree. Hunting Eidolons is a pain now. You can't keep the momentum and turn the camera to look for Vomvalysts, blinking is inconsistent and super annoying due to the double ignition sound from pressing shift.

Please give us an extra key-binding for setting blink to a different button. I'd also like to see a checkbox in the options like "Keep momentum after releasing movement buttons while in archwing."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Inkjet42 said:

I agree, experimental flight was the only thing that made archwing enjoyable - with it gone, I'm not even sure if it's worth doing Archwing missions to level up the new weapon.

Pretty much this is it.

I'm pretty sure they wrecked the controls for people that don't even look at archwing missions 😢 .

To kneecap Itzal DE Steve had to bork the entire archwing system with kiddie controls... now we can't even do a loop or any of the cool things we could with previous skywing.

Cooldown on blink feels like the old times many updates ago with the stupid stamina bar on movement and parkour!

make a lesser blink power #5 on all archwings and give something better than obsolete and bugged ripline to Itzal

Edited by Ikusias
  • Like 1

I actually like this new update with Archwing.

Handles rather nicely for Aerial to ground combat.

Though on the plains, I'm annoyed that Secondary fire for my guns do heavy melee instead resulting in me being grounded.

I understand some people like the previous version of Archwing, so.......Alternate version option in options?

Edited by Teliko_Freedman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

I actually like this new update with Archwing.

Handles rather nicely for Aerial to ground combat.

Though on the plains, I'm annoyed that Secondary fire for my guns do heavy melee instead resulting in me being grounded.

I understand some people like the previous version of Archwing, so.......Alternate version option in options?

Believe me, now it handles much worse for actual combat.

If all you needed was a taxy ok, but these changes mean that Railjak/ empirean space combat will be utter crap

• Like 3

well i never liked the Experimental flight  and played alot of archwing mission not plains or fortuna they does not count on my part and im fine for fighting in space no problems.

well but i have to agree the blink mechanik could have been better but at least i still can play it without any the trouble i had in Experimental flight like why can i rotate 360° but my map is flat

• Like 1

I'd rather have choice than someone else make the choice for me, idem on Titania razorwing.

After all even war thunder and other veicular fps have the option to choose between simulator and arcade controls, with each providing a specific gameplay experience for a different public and offering different advantages and limitations

22 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

Believe me, now it handles much worse for actual combat.

If all you needed was a taxy ok, but these changes mean that Railjak/ empirean space combat will be utter crap

Handles great for me in combat.

Way better than before.

I can even weave through small openings now while shooting now.

I do miss the loop de loop though.

• Like 1

1st post, felt compelled to comment on this change. I really dislike the new archwing control method, the lack of freedom to perform aerial maneuvers and instant stopping when you're not accelerating is both disappointing and jarring from an immersion perspective. I hope DE change their minds and offer players that want to use it the option to fly more realistically as previously rather than to fly in some kind of weird kiddie mode.

It feels like you have to aim high if you want to maintain altitude. In open world bounties you have to look at the ground to know where you are going, shoot enemies etc. With the new controls you just nosedive. It feels like the alignment is out of wack on your car but instead of pulling left or right it pulls down. I now constantly have to tap the move up button just to maintain altitude. It might be worse because I use a controller (pretty much can't play games with a keyboard since an accident at work messed up my keyboard hand). Since the right stick is look and you fly the direction you look having to take my thumb off the right stick to tap the move up button every second just makes for some very jerky flying. I was not a fan of the previous controls but this is much worse. 

This looks like DE just deleted options. Experimental flight deleted. Archwing roll left and roll right keyboard control options that can spin the Archwing around like a barrel roll in outer space Archwing, deleted.

Archwing roll left and roll right, I have this action shared with next/prev ability selection buttons, d-pad left and right, on Dualshock 4 controller using Steam controller configuration and it works if Roll would respond faster. My D-Pad quick tap to change ability selection, hold to roll, used to work before update. Now... gone.

Sprint, can't sprint/boost backwards. Mine is set to use the outer ring of the move analog stick. Sprint on full tilt, or slow move no sprint on half tilt of move analog stick. Now, have to be careful not to try to go backwards as fast as possible, or else I will just forward collide and sometimes lose all health to death in less then 1 second.

My topic from 10 months ago appears to have been mostly ignored, why? I like the old experimental flight controls and wanted this to work everywhere as that works fine for me in outer space Archwing missions, and is the most flexible in movements, barrel rolls, vertical U-turn, aim lower then straight down without spinning around, and more.

Since people complained and refused experimental controls when they were implemented as the main controls, resulting in it becoming an optional toggle in the options and what we now know as experimental controls. Can we complain about being forced to play as a turret platform and have Experimental controls back?

Seriously, it feels like you're flying an airbus and not a fighter when you have to constantly yaw sideways.

18 hours ago, Nikikin said:

I have two questions for you DE:

1) Why did you removed "Experimental flight" from options? It was one thing that made archwings bearable. 

2) Why da hell blink is on the same key as sprint? Are we runout of keys or something?

Does nobody bind roll to a separate key? Are all the gamers today double tap junkies?

13 minutes ago, Uthael said:

They removed the controls for that. We can't roll anymore.

So you are saying they removed it from everyone but me? My roll is on another key, and it works just fine, it's the same roll you use to negate 75% damage when on foot it has a separate key bind. Do I need to post a screen shot, or a video guide?

What #*!%ing bugs me is that the roll binds never worked even when it was in. So instead of fixing something that had broken roll binds you couldn't boost with for years, they just up and removed it. This seriously irritates me. The fact that the Specters of The Rail update was that broken on launch was one of the worst things I've ever seen, but for them to just do this brings all the frustration back in my mind now they they've decided to drop it. I guess now I can stop hoping they'll be fixed since they've given up.

DE seriously failed 6DOF lovers.

Edited by Athanaric

2 hours ago, Nichivo said:

So you are saying they removed it from everyone but me? My roll is on another key, and it works just fine, it's the same roll you use to negate 75% damage when on foot it has a separate key bind. Do I need to post a screen shot, or a video guide?

I play on PC and my roll controls are gone 😕

• Like 1

Yeah I really dislike the new Archwing movement. Looks and feels bad, and is no longer fun to play. It's like Gmod no-clip.

I really hope it either gets reverted or we get the option to use the old system like last time.

Edited by _Chronix

27 minutes ago, Uthael said:

I play on PC and my roll controls are gone 😕

No but you can sure bind roll to another key, so you can use sprint for boost and roll for blink at the same time. Which is what the complaint below was.

On 2019-11-23 at 10:30 AM, Nikikin said:

Key binds in order are  sprint/roll , sprint, roll.  Stop using the first with double tap, and bind them separate.

16 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

No but you can sure bind roll to another key, so you can use sprint for boost and roll for blink at the same time. Which is what the complaint below was.

Ok this works. Thx. Still waiting for number one fix.