Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing feedback

Nikikin

how do you use the new blink if you have sprint set to toggle. Also, how one earth do you play this game without having sprint set to toggle? which key do you guys use for sprint, and which one for slide? I have slide set to shift, which would be sprint in any other game, and sprint set to a somewhat hard to reach button on my mouse, since I don't use it except once at the start of the mission and don't want to accidentally disable it. with archwings, I now can't blink at all. hitting the sprint key just brings me out of afterburner and slows me down drastically. I wish there was an option to toggle sprint between hold and toggle for archwings alone. or better yet, that archwings were left the way they were. 

Personally this new scheme clicks for me much more, I feel much more in control and even faster than before.
But if people want their experimental option back as an opt-in option then that should definitely be looked at by the devs to implement, provided the loud feedback here is representative of some larger size of the playerbase.

Everyone's talking about momentum, or about blinking, but I think the biggest problem is that they've taken out 360° steering.  Now we can only pitch 90° up or down.  It's terrible.

18 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

In open world bounties you have to look at the ground to know where you are going, shoot enemies etc. With the new controls you just nosedive.

So! Frustrating!

2 hours ago, Nichivo said:
2 hours ago, Uthael said:

I play on PC and my roll controls are gone 😕

No but you can sure bind roll to another key, so you can use sprint for boost and roll for blink at the same time. Which is what the complaint below was.

They mean roll as in tilt side-to-side, like an airplane, which has been removed.

3 hours ago, Uthael said:

Oh, THAT roll... I meant "Roll left" and "Roll right"! ... As in roll / pitch / yaw... That's what I meant by controls (plural). Those are gone and I miss them 😞

Yeah! A post from me earlier about those in another thread.

" The changes with the exception of not being able to barrel roll, or fly upside down if I choose, are top notch, and improve Archwing, and Titania both.

One small tweak I would like is if Itzal's Arch Line was press to activate, press again release, and press to activate again. It would make it a little more fluid to chain together that way. "

So far archwing system has been oversimplyfied when there was mainly need to curtail excessive inertia instead of tearing the system down

- Titania maneuvers like a captura or dojo architect camera,

- complete lack of inertia and acceleration

- controls are limited to frontal 180°, with movement stopping when pitched vertically toward sky or ground

- Razorwing Blitz is currently unusable as it's buff makes razorwing uncontrollable,

- lack of inertia drastically reduces dodging capability and overall reduces flight fluidity

- razorwing animations break from time to time with Titania T-posing in flight

- unable to shoot forward or in camera direction during dashes as guns and arms are forced backwards by animations

+ razorwing can dash to passable speeds now - enough to mitigate dependency on Razorwing Blitz for mobility but...

- but still lacks actual overboost for open world use

- no middleground between hovering at below walking speed and dashing at a slow run due to removal of acceleration and inertia during movement

+ vertical movement doesn't send Titania careening into ceilings anymore

- dodge and strafing are now quite slow, dodge dash doesn't cover enough distance as to avoid danger

+ enemies affected by Spellbind and Lantern seem to float away a bit less than before

- Titania's kit still needs a serious overhaul, all powers have ranges excessively limited, actual tribute effects have 0 moddability, lantern is just a repetition of spellbind with extra effects

- vetical precison of radar is still utter crap since the original Operation Razorback, with enemies clearly above or below warframe height marked incorrectly at same altitude

Edited by Ikusias

16 hours ago, RX-3DR said:

Seriously, it feels like you're flying an airbus and not a fighter when you have to constantly yaw sideways.

That^

Seriously, stopping an Archwing was like trying to stop a runaway train, you'd need to slam on the breaks at least 20-30 in advance of where you wanted to stop, EVEN IN ATMOSPHERE.

And I don't care if the Itzal had instant breaking with blink, the momentum being so ridiculous that the only way to stop on a dime was to use Blink should have been a big red flag for how slippery it was.