Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elective Arsenal

Navarc

Whether unlocked at a certain junction, mastery rank, quest or toggled in options, I'm very interested in being allowed to mix & match weapons as I please. Even if it had limitations like "no weapons that use the same ammo" or "no weapons of the same category like snipers" I would just like a little more  freedom in this game often advertised as having a lot of choices & variety.

There's primaries better than secondaries, there's secondaries better than primaries. 
I really don't believe there's going to be a massive shift in power if we allow a person to bring 2 secondaries or 3 melees. If they perform worse that's their own fault.
The only issue is you might have it tough on your ammo economy if you bring 2 weapons that happen to use the same ammo type & their ammo consumption is high. Which I don't think is negative gameplay only another hinder to work around with your build or bringing ammo replenishing gear for longer missions. I don't think you should be this free with item slots from the very beginning though - it would probably be best to have elective arsenal mode active after playing the game normally as it could be confusing for new players.

I keep on wanting to try out specific weapon combinations but getting limited in choices due to the arsenal restrictions that I just don't really understand why they still exist. My latest issue was I'm in love with the spearguns, they're my favourite weapon category in the game as I really enjoy being able to use all 3 weapons - so I throw my speargun, run in with melee & shoot distant enemies with secondary. Today I started ranking up Chakhurr which is a really fun & powerful crit weapon I found really similar to my Euphona Prime but scaled up in crit as it has no secondary fire (which I never use on Euphona Prime anyhow) & thought it'd be really fun to sacrifice my ability to shoot while bleeding out & arming operatives just to be able to use Ferrox + Chakhurr together with some melee weapon for enemies that get close. But without being permitted to use 2 primaries that's just not possible.

Even if you can't see a use for it yourself you'll agree that it will at least make ranking up weapons more convenient, right?

19 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

Even if you can't see a use for it yourself you'll agree that it will at least make ranking up weapons more convenient, right?

How so?

Leveling a Primary, pick a good Secondary, or vice versa. How would your idea make it more convenient?

52 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

How so?

Leveling a Primary, pick a good Secondary, or vice versa. How would your idea make it more convenient?

Say I had 2 primaries that need ranking up, could do both at the same time & reduce time spent ranking them compared to doing it separately 

Yeah, being able to use Ferrox Pull with Ogris would be a great amount of fun...

Being able to run two primaries or secondaries would open up so many interesting combinations. Mutalist Quanta would be used on Eidolon Hunts and more people would be willing to equip normal pistol (Lex/ Akstilleto) and Angstrum as a second secondary (^_^ ) for the AoE purposes. 

There are many niche weapons that would see more light if what you suggest became reality. 

Two concerns:

-Creating a greater statistical chance that people lack the type of weapon necessary to handle a mission.

-Mods cannot be shared on the same class items in a loadout.
("I'm going to need 3 Primed Pressure Points?? This is an outrage!")

Edited by kapn655321

5 hours ago, Achernaerii said:

Yeah, being able to use Ferrox Pull with Ogris would be a great amount of fun...

Being able to run two primaries or secondaries would open up so many interesting combinations. Mutalist Quanta would be used on Eidolon Hunts and more people would be willing to equip normal pistol (Lex/ Akstilleto) and Angstrum as a second secondary (^_^ ) for the AoE purposes. 

There are many niche weapons that would see more light if what you suggest became reality. 

Exactly, so much potential with it, I would love to be allowed this variety.

5 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Two concerns:

-Creating a greater statistical chance that people lack the type of weapon necessary to handle a mission.

-Mods cannot be shared on the same class items in a loadout.
("I'm going to need 3 Primed Pressure Points?? This is an outrage!")

If a person can't start up the Kela De Thaym because they brought 3 seperate dagger melee weapons - that's entirely their own fault & they'll have to go change & learn from their mistake. It's no different from a person bringing 1 single dagger to Kela De Thaym fight & not being able to start it. It's already a thing since we're allowed empty slots, right?

And yes, you'll have to get more duplicate mods ranked up to be able to take advantage of this in SOME cases. If you're wielding a Vectis Prime & a Tigris Prime it's not an issue because one primary uses assault rifle + sniper mods the other uses shotgun mods.
But this problem of having to get multiple of the same ranked up mod is already a thing with Sentinel weaponry isn't it? It's an option. If you WANT to have 2/3 shotguns/rifles/bows/snipers/secondaries/melee & so on then it's on you to make sure you have what it takes to make their builds work. 

3 hours ago, Navarchus said:

If a person can't start up the Kela De Thaym because they brought 3 seperate dagger melee weapons - that's entirely their own fault

It will also be DE's fault for all of the players that are ruining each other's missions.

We get an awful lot of threads on here about players being, "leeches," or being a detriment to others,
by not bringing the right gear, as it is. That chance may well skyrocket, undermining the integrity of
public games. ...It may. It could have the inverse in some cases.

There's been tremendous hostility toward how others conduct themselves in a mission,
and wanting to RP as the guy with too many knives is going to turn the thing that person
loves into a source for resentment from randoms. That's what I see to be the concern there.

31 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

It will also be DE's fault for all of the players that are ruining each other's missions.

We get an awful lot of threads on here about players being, "leeches," or being a detriment to others,
by not bringing the right gear, as it is. That chance may well skyrocket, undermining the integrity of
public games. ...It may. It could have the inverse in some cases.

There's been tremendous hostility toward how others conduct themselves in a mission,
and wanting to RP as the guy with too many knives is going to turn the thing that person
loves into a source for resentment from randoms. That's what I see to be the concern there.

I've already met players bringing a single dagger to Kela de Thaym, being completely worthless as a teammate in the sortie - those players already exist & will continue to be as awful. This change wouldn't improve or worsen the problem that are those players in my opinion.

Should all players who have creative ideas & want to try out new choices in a game all about choice just for those players who are already in the game being scummy?

Edited by Navarchus