Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Galatine Thread (Informational)

Saenol

Question

Since I only saw about a dozen Galatine threads on the first page today I decided to make another one. I ranked my Galatine to 30 this morning and decided to do some quick demos before I polarize it for the first time.

Anyway, without further adieu ...

Infested Ancients? No Gun? No problem!

NIrdktl.jpg

BOOM Headshot! (What rank do runners need to be to have more than 56.5k health again?)

ZTfSbEF.jpg

Quick charge attack speed, attack speed, and sprinting while charging demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCRscen8IZ8

If the above media doesn't work, use this link (best watched in 1440p): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCRscen8IZ8

Configuration used in all content in this post:

UmBgOf1.jpg

Note: I was the only player and no damage enhancing auras were equipped; what you see on the image above is it.

It's possible to further increase damage with other frames and effects. I am 100% confident a six figure critical can be achieved with the right combination; say Roar plus Invisibility and Steel Charge. Sonar could conceivably enable a half-a-million-damage-plus critical against light infested. Utterly useless, I know, but interesting none the less.

10 answers to this question

From what I understand, Steel Charge only affects non-charged attacks.

EDIT: oops, I was thinking of true steel.

This is incorrect. Steel Charge True Steel clearly affects charge attacks and this can be easily demonstrated with any weapon with a high charge crit rate (Galatine and Plasma Sword for instance).

All critical mods affect all criticals. The only reason they may not seem to affect charge criticals is that most weapons have a very poor charge attack critical rate.

Galatine has a 20-25% base charge attack critical rate and a 200% base charge attack critical damage multiplier.

Galatine is easily one of the most viable weapons to use with critical builds, but only in conjunction with charge attacks. In this way it is much like Plasma Sword, which many people assume is a turd, but actually has enormous DPS as a charge attack critical build.

You can still mow down grineer by just looking in their general direction with the soma instead of running all the way to the enemy and holding E.

I use mouse 5 for melee attack.

And I can save a lot of ammo with melee.

Edited by Saenol

This is incorrect. Steel Charge clearly affects charge attacks and this can be easily demonstrated with any weapon with a high charge crit rate (Galatine and Plasma Sword for instance).

All critical mods affect all criticals. The only reason they may not seem to affect charge criticals is that most weapons have a very poor charge attack critical rate.

Steel Charge is an aura that increases normal attack damage. It doesn't affect criticals at all. Are you thinking of True Steel?

Edited by CitizenV

Steel Charge is an aura that increases normal attack damage. It doesn't affect criticals at all. Are you thinking of True Steel?

Yes.

Thanks for the correction.

how can you play with such blur? seriously.

I leave Blur/DOF on purely because the hull breach effect doesn't feel right without it.

It really doesn't get in the way. In high frame rate scenarios, motion blur is barely noticeable. In low frame rate scenarios, it helps slightly with smoothness.

Edited by Saenol

Huh...and here I was going to put Bob's Big Boy away, thinking it was "meh" due to it's charge rate. I might have to drag it out again and keep on leveling it. Maybe even spud it.

It's certainly one of the least agile and dynamic of melee weapons, but once you have Reflex Coil, Focus Energy, and Fury on it, in that order, you have a very usable weapon that will out DPS any other melee in the game and offers the potential to one-shot fairly high rank heavies.

I find Galatine to be fast enough, and I'm a Dual Cleavers/Zoren user.

Edited by Saenol