Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Razorwing With New Controls :'(

SpringRocker

I'd like to preface that I use a sprint toggle as I don't like holding 3 buttons when running around in a mission.

I just did a sortie with Titania and I gotta say it's stupid hard to control. She already has a reputation of repeatedly crashing into walls, which is fixed by adjusting speed as you're flying, but with the new controls she either barrels forward at full speed or is sitting still. The lack of inertia makes it hard to maneuver and doesn't make sense.

- Even for something simple like going through a door you have to press the button to stop right before you hit it (or slam right into it).
- Before (with the pre-patch controls) you could adjust your speed to pass through the door.

This whole new system that you're either flying at 200% or sitting at a dead stop is jarring. People only wanted this because they DON'T use archwing, they just use Skywing as a taxi on the PoTE. For people that actually use archwing all this does is strip control from them.

I personally have no issues with Titania now. She is incredibly easy to maneuver through any tileset in the game, even at break neck speeds. The changes to Archwing controls are absolutely fabulous. I miss an option to barrel roll, and hang out upside down, but other then that it's top notch.

I should probably note, before you claim  I do not use Archwing. I leveled and forma'd all the archwing, and weapons, every single one, and I did it before gravimags were a thing. Except for the Ayanga, but it's also leveled and forma'd.

Edited by Nichivo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, GruntBlender said:

Can I ask why you use that? I don't see sprint being useful outside bursts of speed in archwing, but then you're not using it for long. 

14 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

I'd like to preface that I use a sprint toggle as I don't like holding 3 buttons when running around in a mission.

• Like 1

Ive been here a long time now and Titania has become my main for some time now. Untill recent update Ive had no issue with Archwing or Titania but since recent patch controlling Titania in sprint toggle mode has become near imposible in enclosed areas (just doesn't slow down when not pushing forward) and the dead stop at normal speed is just not fluid, feels bad. Im not adverse to change but Titania was perfectly good as she was. please please please put her back.

17 hours ago, GruntBlender said:

Which three buttons? W+Shift+?? And why are you using sprint at all on the ground?

Are you really asking why I'm using sprint (let alone sprint toggle) on the ground?

Maybe because I don't use frames that stand still in a mission pressing #4 🤷‍♀️ .

19 hours ago, WaylanderG said:

Ive been here a long time now and Titania has become my main for some time now. Untill recent update Ive had no issue with Archwing or Titania but since recent patch controlling Titania in sprint toggle mode has become near imposible in enclosed areas (just doesn't slow down when not pushing forward) and the dead stop at normal speed is just not fluid, feels bad. Im not adverse to change but Titania was perfectly good as she was. please please please put her back.

You actually have to hold down S to slow down, W and S works like a throttle lever when boosting. Takes something like a second to slow down to the slowest boost speed, which is still really fast so it's only good for giving you 3 seconds instead of 2 when speeding down a corridor.

3 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

Are you really asking why I'm using sprint (let alone sprint toggle) on the ground?

Yes. Sprinting is soooooo slow, why would anyone use it for locomotion? Also, what 3 buttons? It's 2 to sprint, Shift and W.

Edit:

Tested it traversing the width of the custom obstacle course. With every sprint mod it's a 12 second sprint, 20 without mods. Using parkour, it's 9 seconds.

Edit 2: Maybe Sprint needs to be updated to be able to compete with parkour? Something like the force sprinting from the old battlefront games if I remember them correctly.

Edited by GruntBlender

Yeah, Titania is dead 😞

And any form of archwing combat too. You cannot move and aim at the same time, its a change just to cater people that newer used archwing except to fast travel in open maps, and its horrible. It doesnt feel like fly in any sense 😞

At least, DE could add the option to use the old archwing mode if u want.

9 minutes ago, GruntBlender said:

So, the vast majority of players?

Neither did the old one.

im still laughing at his assumption. i have all the archwings and all the archwing weapons. played countless hours of archwing int when it was on uranus same with the defense when we had it before they removed it. and i love these changes. it was something people asked for, and fits more with warframe than some discombobulated, fake 6dof flight that has no business in a non flight game.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 hour ago, GruntBlender said:
1 hour ago, Gaxxian said:

It doesnt feel like fly in any sense

Neither did the old one.

I felt like it to me but now it feels game breakingly bad.

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

...and i love these changes. it was something people asked for, and fits more with warframe than some discombobulated, fake 6dof flight that has no business in a non flight game.

I agree to disagree.

Edited by Aesthier

16 minutes ago, Aesthier said:

I felt like it to me but now it feels game breakingly bad.

Having over a thousand hours in Space Engineers, I'm used to actual Newtonian physics in space flight. Old archwing was very far from it. It's also very far from plane physics, as even Crimson Skies did it better, though archwings should not handle like planes anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GruntBlender said:

Having over a thousand hours in Space Engineers, I'm used to actual Newtonian physics in space flight. Old archwing was very far from it. It's also very far from plane physics, as even Crimson Skies did it better, though archwings should not handle like planes anyway.

Still doesn't change the fact I loved it in its old form and absolutely hate it now. And while the flight definitely wasn't accurate from a physics perspective it felt a lot better than this version.

On a side note I found those two game uninteresting.

Edited by Aesthier

22 minutes ago, Aesthier said:

Still doesn't change the fact I loved it in its old form and absolutely hate it now. And while the flight definitely wasn't accurate from a physics perspective it felt a lot better than this version.

On a side note I found those two game uninteresting.

Duly noted. I disagree with your opinion and don't share your preference. Guess that's the end of that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GruntBlender said:

Duly noted. I disagree with your opinion and don't share your preference. Guess that's the end of that.

That seems fair enough. Thank you for your civility good sir! My hat is off to you and may you enjoy this upvote!

Edited by Aesthier