Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Little suggestions about heavy attacks

Myrminki

First:
The heavy attack now has a dedicated button, but you can still do it by holding down the mouse 1 and sometimes the heavy attack appears during a normal combo this normally happen when i use high speed melee builds, this is a problem if you don't want to do a heavy attack and lost the combo and all the buffs provided by mods, so a good solution will be remove the heavy attack by holding mouse 1 because you already have a button for that purpose I will be grateful if someone tells me if they have the same problem

second:
Do a heavy attack means that you lost your combo counter, that means that if a weapon use, for example, Blood Rush the CC buff is lost, in high levels this will be a big problem.
So the solution that i propose is that the heavy attack work by "charges", each charge consume x4 of the combo counter and you only have 3 charger (x12) the charges can be accumulated holding the heavy attack for 3 second (1 charge per second) so if you don't want to lose all you combo just hold m3 for 1 or 2 seconds

Edited by Myrminki

first happens to me too, a lot. its really annoying and i tried reaching out to make heavy attack a seperate keybind only kind of thing and remove it from the hold E or left mousebutton down kinda thing.

second you can counteract by melee efficiency like zenurik school, then it only takes 40% of your total, but a minimum of 20 combo counter.

• Like 1

You can always do what I do the instant I notice a Heavy Attack animation, I roll since it's now an animation cancel. This allows you to not spend your counter, if your reflexes are top notch. I would still like an option to disable the hold for heavy though.

hace 19 horas, Nichivo dijo:

You can always do what I do the instant I notice a Heavy Attack animation, I roll since it's now an animation cancel. This allows you to not spend your counter

Maybe, but, if the attack animation is too fast, it is almost impossible to realize the moment when the heavy attack begins, well that's my case

2 hours ago, Myrminki said:

Maybe, but, if the attack animation is too fast, it is almost impossible to realize the moment when the heavy attack begins, well that's my case

Yeah I would gladly accept a way to turn off hold to HA. Faster melee is tougher to cancel, and it appears as if fps even plays a part in accidental triggers of HA.

• Like 1