Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack worth it as a solo player?

LooseExplosion

none of the resource cost is annoyingly hard its not like its the Hema cost again.  Apart from the new res.  I am only short the argon crystals and the credits and am a solo player 85% of time.  I would have the credits but I recently went threw maxing alot of primed mods that hadnt been using before just because had been too lazy to rework builds for them to fit

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nslay said:

You're right. They need replace the 15 argon crystals with 500 Mutagen Samples to be consistent.

I have better than that. In order to maintain DE's reputation of slipping a ludicrous grind requirement in somewhere, I propose we replace the 15 Argon requirement with 90,000 Cryotic. Three times the amount needed to build a Sibear. Gotta keep players busy, right?

3 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Don't forget the special resources that only drop from Eximus units on specific planets.

thats not that hard with desecrate or pilfering swarm.  

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Railjack will have content to help solo players (AI turrets etc). So yes it’s worth putting in the effort.

yes ther will be these but the efficiency will be down from other players so doable yes but even random pug be better worth time.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

The only annoying thing is the 15 argon and the new resources 

depends on your luck really I have had upwards of 30 argon crystals before when running alot of survival or defense missions in void for relic cracking.  they didnt last long due to decay rate but its easily doable.  

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You literally don’t know that.

It is standard practice in any coop oriented game where there is a npc option for solo players.  and has been for years. can the npc alternatives get job yes but may take 2-3 shots to score kill or hit while average player would need 1.  So is it possible so yes its just easier coop

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S.Dust said:

Being real railjack being clan tied is one of the dumbest things to date. While yes clans have been very pointless and need things to make them worth wild other than the forced research that can only be gotten in a clan a main update should not be tied to being in a clan or having an active clan it's dumb and restrictive.

Agreed. There should be a way we could recruit NPCs to help pilot the rail. 

5 hours ago, LooseExplosion said:

Should I even bother investing resources into this as a solo player?  I read the total resource requirements and it's a huge investment for me as an MR16 player.  I play solo mostly because of massive frame drops when in a squad.  I don't think DE prioritizes solo players much when they make content, so I'm not really confident going all in with this.  

Are you running your own clan and are you on PC?

5 hours ago, LooseExplosion said:

Should I even bother investing resources into this as a solo player?  I read the total resource requirements and it's a huge investment for me as an MR16 player.  I play solo mostly because of massive frame drops when in a squad.  I don't think DE prioritizes solo players much when they make content, so I'm not really confident going all in with this.  

Yes. Just farm the stuff slowly.

3 hours ago, Aldain said:

It doesn't drop in single digit quantities (I've seen 12-18ish, not sure about boosters) and only about 150-200 are needed overall.

As a reference, I have 90 Cubic Diodes right now, having played for 2 days without boosters, and without farming for them, just by virtue of playing some Lich missions and Invasions on Ceres. The grind, for at least the Diodes, isn't serious.

24 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

As a reference, I have 90 Cubic Diodes right now, having played for 2 days without boosters, and without farming for them, just by virtue of playing some Lich missions and Invasions on Ceres. The grind, for at least the Diodes, isn't serious.

The only issue I has with them was finding eximuses really. (Fine time for them to suddenly become shy)

Carbides was easier though. Europa had a Capture relic up so we went and did the capture and then derped around spawn points for a bit instead of blazing through the map like we usually do as eximuses spawn more frequently there. 

34 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

The only issue I has with them was finding eximuses really. (Fine time for them to suddenly become shy)

It might be because I was playing against Liches, who crank up the level of the node significantly. Eximi tend to spawn more often with higher levels.

Also, I recently found out that Syndicate hit squads count for this and will drop the new resources if spawning on the  right planet. If you're on the bad side of a Syndicate or three, you can make 'em work for you.

6 hours ago, Aldain said:

As Mirage noted, it isn't THAT bad of a grind, if you've hit MR16 there is a good chance you have most of that on hand.

...Though the 6 MILLION credits on the other hand...prepare for a TON of index runs.

After I get my Dojo Resources out of the way I likely will be living in the index for a week or two.

Im going to do tons of Index runs considering likelihood Index will again be populated with lot of people (always feels a bit empty...)

7 hours ago, LooseExplosion said:

Is you dont want to bother with building dry dock, join a casual clan which has it already built...

It will be worth it.

But if you're solo & not in a rush...it might be worthwhile to wait.

If Archwing, & other major & mandatory gameplay additions/features are any clue...

DE will give everyone some form of Railjack that is designed just go get through quests or once Railjack is 100% out...the ship will just be outright buyable with plat off the market.

I can't see DE gating off the brand new content like this. Especially if Railjack is needed for The New War.

I say...

Be paitent.

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

It might be because I was playing against Liches, who crank up the level of the node significantly. Eximi tend to spawn more often with higher levels.

Also, I recently found out that Syndicate hit squads count for this and will drop the new resources if spawning on the  right planet. If you're on the bad side of a Syndicate or three, you can make 'em work for you.

Yup, we had that, not that I could pay attention to the drops as it was a New Loka death squad. A dozen toxic ancient healers are not fun to deal with 😱😱😱