Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack worth it as a solo player?

LooseExplosion

It's worth it because it's going to be REQUIRED for mainline quest, and future content. 

Also you get to hire a crew/ordis shooting the weapons if you dont have a squad. 
You can do it solo.

If you don't do it cause you don't think it's worth it, plan for a boring 2020+

Edited by Vesiga

6 hours ago, S.Dust said:

Thats already gonna be a thing, im talking about just getting into railjack requires a clan.

Really? You have to have a clan?!?! That completely lacks any forethought. Railjacks could just be made to attach to our Orbiters where no clan is needed and no dry dock needed. I don't see how this option isn't a thing or can't be a thing. After all our Obriter is just one big floating space dock anyway. 

Somtimes it's really hard to follow DEs design and implementation decisions. 

tenor.gif

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

18 hours ago, LooseExplosion said:

Should I even bother investing resources into this as a solo player?  I read the total resource requirements and it's a huge investment for me as an MR16 player.  I play solo mostly because of massive frame drops when in a squad.  I don't think DE prioritizes solo players much when they make content, so I'm not really confident going all in with this.  

FWIW I'm a solo ghost clan too and I'm doing it.

a) it won't be usable will the next update that's likely in Jan so there is time, not a massive rush, tho i'm curious so I'm rushing anyways

b) i keep hopeing to lure friends into the game so my sitch is a bit different, cus I *can* play with others

c) regardless: it looks like railjack will become a gate to some other content so you are prolly gonna want it anyways 🙂 and either that content will work or be a tricky challlenge (but that doesn't have to be the worst thing) and eventually one day you may get new hardware too and your solo constraint will go away.

so... maybe don't rush it? but i'd still build it 🙂 and am!

DE is doing themselves a disservice by tying the whole dojo system to a big scary word like clan.

Fact is that for a solo clan player a dojo is essentially player housing. The fact that you can have 9 extra people running around is just a bonus.

Building a dojo that can support the dry dock should cost you about 4 forma and some basic resources, even less if you're not worried about future expansion. The actual cost of building a railjack for yourself is huge in comparison. If you can afford railjack you can certainly afford the dojo to house it.

If you're a solo player and have some resources (or at least enough to even think about building a railjack), do yourself a favor and make your own dojo. It's convenient and makes for a great long-term goal. It's actually fun to build and reasearch things at your own pace.

And should you actually want some social interaction you can always join an alliance and interact away without all of the drama.

Edited by LocoWithGun