Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something Really Wrong With Excalibur Prime.

sp4rtan148

To be honest, I LOVED excalibur and hes my favorite warframe to date, Then, I found out about excalibur prime. My reaction to this was "Yay! my favorite warframe with a hint of gold! sweet!". But then as I equipped him, I found that many of his color schemes were messed up, for example, His secondary colors stand out more than his primaries, focing me to make the primary white, and secondary red, (My first excalibur had the opposite color scheme, primary red, secondary white). Also, the reds seemed WAY to light compared to the original, so that leaves my weapons having a darker hue than my warframe, and it looks weird. So please DE, fix this problem and make me love the colors for the prime, thanks for reading.

Paint it in black.

Once you go black, you never go back.

But really, do it.

Most of the time painting it black (especially the darkest one that most people choose for some reason, in the smoke pack) makes you lose many details. Also, not everyone's into the dark shades, especially typical "all black" or "black with blue/red/green lines" (not saying they don't look good, but that's besides the point).

@TC: This is also the case with the latest Mag Prime, which is really weird (and, if I may say so myself, dumb), especially since Frost Prime doesn't have those lighter overlays.

Frost Prime was made after Ex Prime right? Why didn't they follow his example? He looks okay with alternate helmets too; no hue differences that makes it weird to use alt helmets on Frost Prime (Mag Prime has the same issues as Ex Prime).

Edited by Casardis

I've dealt with this problem too. It becomes even more exacerbated when you decide to use an alt helmet (I really, really hope DE gives Primes their own alt helm textures someday). Nothing you can do about the helmet, but for weapons what I did was use darker tones for the warframe, which will turn out lighter, and lighter tones for the weaponry. It's never an absolutely perfect match, but it looks close enough that you can't make out the difference during gameplay.

You could also just paint all of your weapons black, which makes them look fine with everything and you'll never have to worry about switching weapon colors to match your frames again XD

I've dealt with this problem too. It becomes even more exacerbated when you decide to use an alt helmet (I really, really hope DE gives Primes their own alt helm textures someday). Nothing you can do about the helmet, but for weapons what I did was use darker tones for the warframe, which will turn out lighter, and lighter tones for the weaponry. It's never an absolutely perfect match, but it looks close enough that you can't make out the difference during gameplay.

You could also just paint all of your weapons black, which makes them look fine with everything and you'll never have to worry about switching weapon colors to match your frames again XD

I tried that, but it was TOO dark, I didn't like it, and I wont use Saryn, I want to stick to Excal P. And iv'e been complaining for months now for them to make prime helmets.

Edited by sp4rtan148