Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De's Purpose For Releasing The Galatine

Tigercloud

Alright, this is pure speculation, but I think I know why DE released the Galatine. Basically, it's an attempt to fix multiple problems at once, namely;

1. Lack of effective melee weapons

2. To make a new player's life easier

While it is Rank 3, that's very low, and easy to get to even for a newbie. I think if we look at this from DE's perspective, it makes sense; it's a stopgap before Armor 2.0, where they plan to resolve all these problems. I will say it'd be hard to farm the mats for a newbie, but at least you can get all the mats on the intro planets; Venus, Mars, and Earth.

This might not be the case, but it's the only scenario that makes some sort of logic to me.

The Gram is easier to get.

The Gram can't cut through enemies as easily, though. And gets obsoleted at high level content. Still, I'm just making a guess. It does do two things pretty well; give high level players a weapon that's useful, and low level players a very good melee weapon.

Alright, this is pure speculation, but I think I know why DE released the Galatine. Basically, it's an attempt to fix multiple problems at once, namely;

This might not be the case, but it's the only scenario that makes some sort of logic to me.

Or, its exactly the reason that was given, players wanted a big two-handed sword. I'm going to build one for just that reason.

1. Lack of effective melee weapons

2. To make a new player's life easier

1. There are lots of effective melee weapons.

2. Orthos is easy to get and is a good weapon for new players, I still use Orthos sometimes.

Edited by Silvershadow66

I still think they should allow Pressure Point to raise up to 240% or something like that.

Or maybe just make melee attacks completely ignore Shield and go right for the HP.

I mean...We are space ninjas, how come a silly Garakta is more effective than a sword?

*Shield ( I would imagine it's a small force field envelops the Frame ) it make sense to block bullets and what not. But when a sword slice right across your chest. I don't think shield should be able to block it.

I still think they should allow Pressure Point to raise up to 240% or something like that.

Or maybe just make melee attacks completely ignore Shield and go right for the HP.

I mean...We are space ninjas, how come a silly Garakta is more effective than a sword?

*Shield ( I would imagine it's a small force field envelops the Frame ) it make sense to block bullets and what not. But when a sword slice right across your chest. I don't think shield should be able to block it.

Agreed. If they just made melee attacks all armor-ignoring, that would make the forgotten two thirds of melee weapons about as viable as the rest of them. A couple tweaks to damage and attack speed and long swords would finally be worth using. Edited by SortaRandom

Agreed. If they just made melee attacks all armor-ignoring, that would make the forgotten two thirds of melee weapons about as viable as the rest of them. A couple tweaks to damage and attack speed and long swords would finally be worth using.

Hey hey hey hey hey! I said nothing about armor ignore. Melee should not have armor ignore except for some charge attacks.

Look, modern technology have melee proof vests. Actually made to protect users from melee weapons. Make sense that Grineer armor and what not protect themselves from melee, it also make Rendering Strike and several mod still kept useful.

I'm only talking about Shields ignore. Since like I said, shield I'd imagine it like a force field envelop the user, which it make sense to block projectiles, but doesn't make sense that when a sword slice through, it wouldn't slice or tear right through the shield.

Hey hey hey hey hey! I said nothing about armor ignore. Melee should not have armor ignore except for some charge attacks.

Look, modern technology have melee proof vests. Actually made to protect users from melee weapons. Make sense that Grineer armor and what not protect themselves from melee, it also make Rendering Strike and several mod still kept useful.

I'm only talking about Shields ignore. Since like I said, shield I'd imagine it like a force field envelop the user, which it make sense to block projectiles, but doesn't make sense that when a sword slice through, it wouldn't slice or tear right through the shield.

Ah, true.

But given that the only melee weapons that have remotely viable normal attack builds are the ones whose normal attacks ignore armor, I still think it'd be a really nice addition and a huge boost to the system in general if every melee attack just ignored armor. XD

01b.png

Does anyone besides me get really uncomfortable and irritated when this meme gets completely misused?

Edited by SortaRandom

On the contrary while that big arse sword hits really hard, it would be hard for a newbie to power it up because they need reflex coil and focus energy to make it semi usable and oh fury. Killing blow can take a back seat if they don't have it because this thing packs pure power.

Other charged weapons are not as restrictive as with this regard.