Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You Think A Melee Weapon Is Op, Then Your Prob A Noob

ADDpillz

We finally get a single melee weapon that is a viable (still weaker) alternative to ranged weapons and still there are people that want it nerfed.

Doesn't matter that  95% of all the ranged weapons still out-dps the Galatine when equally modded. 

Edited by ADDpillz

They want it nerfed because it's probably surpassing their favorite melee weapon, or almost every melee weapons for that matter. It sure makes my Gram, Orthos and Fragor sad.

And for the most part, they don't take into consideration the issue at hand, which is how melee weapons as a whole need a complete checkup, from stats to the core mechanics.

Personally, I think it's a good thing that Melee weapons are strong (they all need a buff IMO). As someone said once, you take more risks in coming close towards the enemy; it only makes sense that you're further rewarded in some ways for that, and not by staying in the back (unless you're a sniper then there's different benefits).

Edited by Casardis

People want Galatine nerfed not because it competes with primaries or secondaries in DPS, but because it out does every other Melee weapon in the game, and out does most of them by a wide margin.

Also, DPS isn't the be all and end all of combat, which you should well know.

Galatine is silent, has passable CC use, and will never run out of ammo.

And yes, the damage/TTK is competitive for much content...guess who was using Galatine in this 20 wave Xini match:

FZCr8lM.jpg

The OP's point I think was that while it is out of line with other melee weapons, they need buffs because we finally have a weapon that's comparable to guns.

I don't think melee should be competitive with guns. That's pushing it, even for Warframe.

Any melee weapon that is a better all-round choice than anything but the worst primaries or secondaries is overpowered.

TBF, it does like 7k on a crit vs light infested...

It can one shot pretty much any light or medium unit, Corpus, Grineer, or Infested, outside of high wave endless defense/survival or T3 defense.

I've seen 56.5k crits against light infested and ~15k crits vs. ancients.

Edited by Saenol

From patch 7 im still weating for good melee weapons and fight module that can be same powerfull like other weapons.. you can't choose where you want to hit with melee weapon, your Frames hitting all the time in same direction, when mob is in air  - eg. Vauban skill - you can't even hit them only if weapon have no proper swing weapons from above etc.

Other problems... On Rifle you have 150% crit chance boost on melee weapon only 60%.. its a realy problem when u CAN't make proper crit chance build when Rifle with 35% crit chance with this mod have 87,5% Try make any simillar crit chance build with any melee weapon on "Swing" fight mode no on Charge DMG. Other .. Rifle have usualy better single shoot dmg than any single swing of fast short swords, dual swords, long swords... only because mods.  I think DEVs forgot about melee weapon, melee fight type and that ppl dont only want using Rifle and Pistols.

Melee fight is harder.. u need to stay close and can't kill many at once.. etc etc.

Realy miss old times like this:

Dont want same dmg on same lvl mobs.. just want to run with my Ash using melee and be ninja even on higher lvls... where many weapons are much more usefull than any melee weapon and melee fight.

Edited by Dreed

I don't think melee should be competitive with guns. That's pushing it, even for Warframe.

If a gun and a sword could both do 10k DPS against an ancient the gun would always be a better choice. The NPC have so many stunlocks, knockdown, stagger, and interrupts that it simply isn't worthwhile to use your melee even if it happens to be stronger 2x than a gun that you currently have equipped. 

DE might a well remove ALL melee if they are not at least equal to ranged. The risk of dying can be at least 10x higher when in melee range and currently there is no point what so ever in using melee.

Edited by LazyKnight

I'm going to make you a video.

Go ahead as long as it is a video of grineer survival 70+ or more and if infested over level 90. A gun could have done the Job far easier and you video only will prove that you wasted your time and the target could have been killed the NPC already if you were using a gun.

Any melee weapon that is a better all-round choice than anything but the worst primaries or secondaries is overpowered.

This just makes me think you are trolling. Why not remove the melee then? What is the point of something that is always inferior that provides no benefit from the risk of stagger chains. There is ZERO chance of an ancient killing you from range and by getting close it provides them with opportunity.

So lets see, I should get closer have more risking of dying to do worse damage, ya that is good balance right there I am glad someone like you is posting.

Edited by LazyKnight

Melee must weaker than guns, because guns use ammo but melee use nothing

But

you can hide behind cover/ on top of boxes, and do massive dps with no relative threat to your tenno. 

With Melee

You are going to get hit, knockdown, staggered, and poisoned, from stuff that you cant even see coming. 

Edited by ADDpillz

But

you can hide behind cover/ on top of boxes, and do massive dps with no relative threat to your tenno. 

With Melee

You are going to get hit, knockdown, staggered, and poisoned, from stuff that you cant even see coming. 

Tenno , you have power to stun , blind, confuse all your enemies and make them can't get hit, knockdown, staggered, and poisoned on you , but can you reg. enough ammo by using tenno power?

I see the op's point we have been asking for melee to actually become viable in-game, giving us a weapon like that is a step in the right direction, although they still need to buff all the melee weapons. I think they should have buffed the melee weapons first then come out with this new sword. SO it was poorly timed but if they do make melee viable no one will care about the new weapon being too good. 

With Melee

If you can't see these things coming, you need to have more situational awareness.

There are ways to mitigate or avoid all of these things, and most of these things you can do to enemies more effectively than they can do them to you.

A gun could have done the Job far easier and you video only will prove you wasted your time and the target could have killed the NPC already if you were using a gun.

Where is the disagreement here? I've never even remotely said anything contradictory to this.

The point I am making is that there are ways to use melee against high rank foes, and that sometimes it's the best option even when the above is true.

If I see a small number of enemies that I can confidently dispatch in melee, without expending ammo, I will sure as hell do so. My ammunition is better saved for situations where I really need that DPS and ease of killing.

This just makes me think you are trolling. Why not remove the melee then? What is the point of something that is always inferior that provides no benefit from the risk of stagger chains. There is ZERO chance of an ancient killing you from range and by getting close it provides them with opportunity.

So lets see, I should get closer have more risking of dying to do worse damage, ya that is good balance right there I am glad someone like you is posting.

Not remotely trolling. Firearms should remain generally superior to melee.

This does not remove melee's niche, it defines it. Melee is what you resort to when you can, so you are certain to have the ammunition you need when you can't.

Melee is effective and has great utility, just not on it's own, and not when you can burn through ammunition or energy without care.

It's supplemental, and rightly so. Making exclusive melee use on par with gunplay, or even viable, is absurd. It has it's place already.

Melee being inferior to gunplay is not a balance problem, it's an absolute necessity.

Edited by Saenol

Not remotely trolling. Firearms should remain generally superior to melee.

That is by virtue of the ranged mechanic being able to engage the target immediately, where as melee needs to close the distance.

Melee being inferior to gunplay is not a balance problem, it's an absolute necessity.

In what game genre are you making that claim? Games that follow the Halo model all have melee attacks that are 1-2 hit kills. In RPG melee tends to have MUCH higher melee DPS to compensate for the fact the ranged classes can engage immediately

Edited by LazyKnight

That is by virtue of the ranged mechanic being able to engage the target immediately, where as melee needs to close the distance.

In what game genre are you making that claim? Games that follow the Halo model all have melee attacks that are 1-2 hit kills. In RPG melee tends to have MUCH higher melee DPS to compensate for the fact the ranged classes can engage immediately

And in action beat-em-up games, melee is usually the preferred choice in order to do combos, massive damage or both at the same time. See Devil May Cry.

Edited by Casardis

Tenno , you have power to stun , blind, confuse all your enemies and make them can't get hit, knockdown, staggered, and poisoned on you , but can you reg. enough ammo by using tenno power?

yes,

if you are a nekros and use desacrate

or

have ammo mutation mods/ ammo gear

or

you know...

pick it up off the ground 

also all of those warframe abilities willmake your ranged weapons just more lethal as well (like 100% stagger with most shotguns)....I dont really see your point. 

Edited by ADDpillz

If you can't see these things coming, you need to have more situational awareness.

There are ways to mitigate or avoid all of these things, and most of these things you can do to enemies more effectively than they can do them to you.

are we playing the same game....obviously not on the same difficulty...

You literally cant be 360* aware of your surrounding while your "meleeing" because you have to face the opponent for you to "melee" them. 

But

3tyjgo.jpg

Please make a video of you making it to 40 min in a infested survival without being knocked back or staggerd while you melee them.

I would love to see this "situationional awareness" when the entire screen is filled with lvl 120+ infested all trying to zerg you.

Please sir teach me how to play

Edited by ADDpillz