Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework: Melee Master?

Solaurus

Another Volt rework because I'm bored and it's been a while since I posted the crap that runs in my mind so, here we go!

This Volt focuses on storing the extra energy left over from using skills to power up his melee abilities. All of e abilities in this rework grant some sort of buff to Volt to empower this. The player will have to choose (or combine) skills that buff his melee capabilities that suit his or her current situation.

1: Unlimited (you all know what this references): Volt discharges pent up energy by shocking enemies for as long as the "1" button is held. Yes, Volt is able to move during the ability and the lightning still chains to enemies.

Deals 50/100/200 damage per tick (1 tick per second and 30 energy per second)

Volt is lighter after releasing the energy, speeding melee swings and charge swings by 20/30/40%

Also applies one Overload charge to Volt

2: Serration: Volt swings a sharp wave of electricity in front of him. Deals 250/300/400 electric/serrated blade damage.

The wave of electricity sharpens your blades, Tenno.

Granting:

+20/30/40% crit chance (weapons with 0% chance to crit are now 20/30/40% depending on skill rank)

+200/250/300 crit damage

Applies 1 Overload charge to Volt.

3: Phalanx: Volt forms a shield out of electricity. Same properties of Ele.Shield but mobile.

Pressing the 3 button discharges the shield as a strong electrical pulse.

+Pulse is about the same size as Banshee's "1"

+Pulse deals 200/250/300 electrical damage

+The pulse destroys the armor of enemies, reducing the armor if enemies hit by 30/40/50%

Grants 1 Overload Charge

Discharge: Volt's body discharges the electricity built up during combat.

Dealing 500/550/600 elec damage (+50 damage per Overlod Charge)

Volt gains various bonuses to his melee capabilities depending on the anount of charges in Volt

1: 30/40/50% melee speed boost

2: Above boost + 20/30/40% crit chance

3: Above boosts + 100/200/300 crit damage

4: Above Boosts + All Melee attacks deal 30/40/50% of the armor value of the enemy hit. This extra damage is applied separately and ignores armor. Extra damage is its own and does not get boosts from mods except for pressure point and killing blow.

5: All boosts above are also applied to teammates.

Stats:

Health: 85

Energy: 100

Shields: 150

Armor: 70

Speed: 1.5

(High shields and health, but kinda bad armor)

All of the values stack and there is an eletrical affect on the arms of Volt that gets more volatile as charges are built up.

Edited by Solaurus

I like how people want complete reworks of volt.

Changes of skills is all he really needs. Maybe a better range spread of about 180 degrees of for the electric shield to stay on his arm.

Otherwise, gimme some reusable situations to use shock and overload, and there you go. Volt's fixed.

I like how people want complete reworks of volt.

Changes of skills is all he really needs. Maybe a better range spread of about 180 degrees of for the electric shield to stay on his arm.

Otherwise, gimme some reusable situations to use shock and overload, and there you go. Volt's fixed.

I just want Volt to be usable. I'm just posting 10,000 ways DE screwed and 10,000 ways he could've been better. If De did nothing but buff Shock, Overload, and make Ele shield larger and more mobile, you would never see any of these topics from me again.

a lot of people bought volt with what the description said. an alternative to gunplay. im pretty sure most people wanted some kind of caster warframe, not a melee one

Melee is an alternative to gunplay. Just how melee works currently it probably wouldn't be an effective one.