Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaladinSS

Assembling a railjack is too EXPENSIVE

I got information from other players, which saids assembling a railjack needs 6 parts and each part costs 1million, but totally 6 millions for a railjack is too expensive.

Are DE sure this is not a Dojo mission for all dojo tennos to pay 1 time 6 millions? 

6 millions are not small number, wasting it on assembling a ship?

Railjack is not supposed to be something that can be affordable at low MR, it's supposed to be something that advanced players would be building. Think of it as something huge that will need a big investment so you should gather the stuff and start adding mats from the beggining to have it ready when you have advanced a bit more.

If right now 6 millions for you are too much, I'm sorry to tell you this way, but you are not ready and you should keep playing for a bit more until 6 millions seem something affordable.

No it isn't. I get it's a major hurdle for new players, but think of it this way: new players after the Railjack update are going to think that too. And they're probably going to consider the Railjack a big project. By the time they're done with Railjack's resource collection, they will truly have cut their teeth, since they'll have done TSD and experienced the breadth and depth of content by necessity to get all the stuff they need.

33 minutes ago, PaladinSS said:

Please note, this is not 'wasting it on a ship'. Railjack is going to be an entire new game mode, a new set of maps, a new environment and method of playing with a squad.

More than that, it's not actually coming for a while, you have the time, you have more than enough time to grind up your resources. And let's not forget that DE are dealing with a game where they can release that silly decoration from Baro, the 'Pedestal Prime', where that stupid decoration costs 1 million credits. And people go in and buy 20 or 30 of those when it's available.

And it's stupid, I know. But that's the tea. Players can and easily do stockpile up to the hundreds of millions of credits in this game. I haven't gone farming credits, not since my low MR days five years ago, and I'm sitting on 50 million just from regular play. It's genuinely stupid.

So yes, they expect some players to struggle.

They expect you to struggle.

It's not a waste, and they're not throwing you under the bus. You will get that many credits, it's inevitable. You will want to play the Railjack missions, that's also inevitable. So you will, in the end, build a Railjack.

What you will also find, though, is that it's slow progress, that you won't be able to access this content instantly. And that's, again, what they expect to happen.

42 minutes ago, PaladinSS said:

6 millions are not small number

42 minutes ago, PaladinSS said:

too EXPENSIVE

Like others have already said: if this is way too much for you, you are not ready yet. 6 million is like 30minutes of gameplay if done right

In this case, all of the comments AND the OP are right.

The game should repeatedly be telling the player that this is a large, expensive, time-consuming project.

And it should feel that way. Look how small a weapon is. You can carry it in your arms. And look at its cost. ... Now apply that cost to something 1000x bigger but equally as intricate.

1 hour ago, PaladinSS said:

6 millions are not small number

It is.

The issue I take with the 6 million is that it is many times more than the actual resource requirements.

I mean the Kavat incubator segment took 120,000 alloy plate, a Railjack takes 27k...but for some reason needs a million credits?

It is just oddly disproportionate when compared to the resources.

Just now, Aldain said:

The issue I take with the 6 million is that it is many times more than the actual resource requirements.

I mean the Kavat incubator segment took 120,000 alloy plate, a Railjack takes 27k...but for some reason needs a million credits?

Think of it as the money you would have to pay to so many people to build it and, later, to be your crew. I mean, there's a lot of people involved in this, it's just normal that you have to pay them.

Just now, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Think of it as the money you would have to pay to so many people to build it and, later, to be your crew. I mean, there's a lot of people involved in this, it's just normal that you have to pay them.

Perhaps that makes sense, but still 6 million seems a bit overkill to me.

And I say that as somebody who doesn't mind running the Index for it, it just seems like DE wanted a credit sink for the sake of a credit sink.

11 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Perhaps that makes sense, but still 6 million seems a bit overkill to me.

And I say that as somebody who doesn't mind running the Index for it, it just seems like DE wanted a credit sink for the sake of a credit sink.

I think the 6 million is just to make it so only people that arrived to a certain point in the game can afford it. It looks like a barrier, but for me, it's a way of telling people who played for a while already that all those mats and creds they have sitting in their inventory are useful for something. In warframe, differently to other online games, we don't have any kind of "level requirement" to do most of the stuff (except those locked by a quest). So basically, a mr1 could technically go almost anywhere in the map and do almost any content of the game (they could even help with an eidolon in a party). Setting material/credit barriers is a way to tell people who played for a while "there, this is a content that only you can do after having played this much".

It's not the 6m credits you should be worried about. It's all the relatively rare resources like tellurium and orkin cells.

I've basically played the game with boosters on for months and still only have like... double most of the mats you need.

8 minutes ago, HomicidalGrouse said:

It's not the 6m credits you should be worried about. It's all the relatively rare resources like tellurium and orkin cells.

I've basically played the game with boosters on for months and still only have like... double most of the mats you need.

For the orokin cells if you've been levelling in Helene instead of Hydron, you should be swimming in them. For the tellurium only thing I can tell you is to do some Uranus survival to get it. They are rare, but not really hard to come by if you know where to farm them.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

For the orokin cells if you've been levelling in Helene instead of Hydron, you should be swimming in them. For the tellurium only thing I can tell you is to do some Uranus survival to get it. They are rare, but not really hard to come by if you know where to farm them.

I level on Hydron because... I can. Lol

I personally have all of the resources I need except for the new ones they added for this. Not enough credits... but I'm not worried about that.

Relevant to OP's future struggle though.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

gotta pay the slaves workers to repair it for you

2 hours ago, nerfinator6 said:

gotta pay the slaves workers to repair it for you

By that logic, the player should be hemorrhaging Credits once the Dry Dock's been built and you start getting the Railjack together.

6 million is a bit steep, but I'm sitting on 15 million with nothing to spend it now, and I can always buy another credit booster. What worries me is DE's talk of "sustainable rewards" meaning we might end up having to pay for fuel, ammo and repairs. Yes, that's steep but a single-time cost can be absorbed even if it's huge. Bleeding upkeep would be a lot more annoying.

I have nothing against that upkeep as long as it's worth investing in... Like buying that pheromone thingy for animal captures. You can use it always, but it's like reducing your daily cap by that amount. It's worth it regarding the time spent, though.

7 hours ago, PaladinSS said:

I got information from other players, which saids assembling a railjack needs 6 parts and each part costs 1million, but totally 6 millions for a railjack is too expensive.

Are DE sure this is not a Dojo mission for all dojo tennos to pay 1 time 6 millions? 

Get to The Index and you can earn that easy. Especially if you get a credit booster on login.

Whenever you get a credit booster from anywhere, ask someone in recruit to carry you in high risk index.  Don't waste the booster despite it would be boring.

When you compare to the cost you are going to spend on prime mods, 6mils aren't really much

8 hours ago, PaladinSS said:

-snip-

If you think it's a waste, maybe you shouldn't be doing it? Honestly, if it doesn't feel worth it to you, don't bother.

Just don't expect all nice things to be free and effortless.

It's important to know that you don't need a railjack to do railjack missions.  You can join someone who has it.  The idea is that experienced players can afford a railjack, and they bring less experienced players along.  I think it's a good idea.

HOWEVER, farming credits is boring.  I think they should have required higher numbers of various resources from different places, so farming would be more interesting.

The only problem that I have had with resource gathering is the fact that the open world mining drops are not guaranteed and it makes the open world mining grind awful. You should be able to get at least 1 copernics per red vein so you are always progressing. Other then that, the resource requirements are reasonable, it might be a good idea to run a double credits weekend whenever they drop the update so newer players can at least get the credits quickly.