Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Room Destruction - Parent/Child Relationship

clemza

Hello there ~

To remove some old dojo rooms your being forced to destroy all child rooms built after that room.

Which means that at some point you may have to destroy your whole dojo just to remove one of the first dojo room you have ever build years ago.

Changing the dojo spawns doesnt help in some case when some rooms that need to be removed are prerequisite to other rooms.
https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200049929-Clan-Alliance-and-Dojo-Guide

Could you add a way to bypass that "parent" restriction ?

For exemples:

- By allowing us to force the destruction of any room "at our own risk".

- By allowing us to move already built rooms into different locations or swaping them.

Same for prerequisite rooms.

Thanks,

Clem

• Like 2

as far as i undestand it it is only a problem so long as it is to the same room exept for rooms like clan halls or research things because they need some rooms to be placed so what do you want to remove and im aware of a bug or something that says that the room has child rooms while being a dead end and i rebuild my dojo complete once had no problems

It would be helpful if a new available parent were selected for a child when the original parent is destroyed.

I currently can't destroy a room due to "dependent" children...

Spoiler

I can't delete room 1 due to room 2 originating from room 1, even though room 2 still having a full path leading back to the rest of the dojo.
This means I also have to delete the entire upper floor related to room 2 when it in reality feels like the game should reassign the connector to the left of room 2 as the new "parent".

9dd7a9bc88608adcfba75fe4416d1156.png

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 2019-11-24 at 6:24 AM, clemza said:

Hello there ~

To remove some old dojo rooms your being forced to destroy all child rooms built after that room.

Which means that at some point you may have to destroy your whole dojo just to remove one of the first dojo room you have ever build years ago.

Changing the dojo spawns doesnt help in some case when some rooms that need to be removed are prerequisite to other rooms.
https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200049929-Clan-Alliance-and-Dojo-Guide

Could you add a way to bypass that "parent" restriction ?

For exemples:

- By allowing us to force the destruction of any room "at our own risk".

- By allowing us to move already built rooms into different locations or swaping them.

Same for prerequisite rooms.

Thanks,

Clem

This would be amazing. Got a small room in my dojo im wanting to remove thats not showing child rooms but wont let me delete.... i would kill for this feature right now

Oh yeah, this would be excellent to have. And rather than being unable to destroy a room because it has dependents, the dependents just stop working until the new prerequisite is built (for example, your Labs will be paused/frozen if you destroy your Oracle room without having another one built, and start up again when the new one is done building)

Plus being able to swap rooms around, and to "cold storage" a bunch of rooms, destroy the room those ones are attached to, and attach them somewhere else (again, if you use it on a lab it will freeze the lab until it's been successfully reattached to your Dojo)

Also A 3D map of the dojo would be really nice. To show us how much space those rooms take up, not just flat floorspace but height/depth too. (I'm thinking of an entirely different game for inspiration - something similar to Metroid Prime's 3D map would work really well for Dojo planning. It was simple but effective at showing 3D shapes/volumes.)

I feel this post hardcore.  I had a featured dojo in Winter 2020 and I STILL wish I could change the layout but the Parent Child relationship prevented it.  IT really sucks now because a couple years ago they had a limited amount of rooms, now you have all these REALLY cool open layout rooms you can't replace with the old limited ones.

I decorated the child/parent room though I still hate the layout/Style of the rooms picked.  At the time, my Co-Founder rushed to create rooms to make the DRY DOCK in the basement for theme reasons.  I hated the layout but I created a natural ice skating rink (Grineer being ran over by a Zamboni...).  There are multiple connections I am not satisfied with, I wish I could spiderweb out certain rooms, but it seems impossible. I wish their was this spider web parent effect and not this room leads to this room so you have to delete all these rooms first.

Edited by (PSN)Poestis

On 2019-11-25 at 2:20 PM, Keranzu said:

It would be helpful if a new available parent were selected for a child when the original parent is destroyed.

I currently can't destroy a room due to "dependent" children...

Reveal hidden contents

I can't delete room 1 due to room 2 originating from room 1, even though room 2 still having a full path leading back to the rest of the dojo.
This means I also have to delete the entire upper floor related to room 2 when it in reality feels like the game should reassign the connector to the left of room 2 as the new "parent".

9dd7a9bc88608adcfba75fe4416d1156.png

YES, THIS!

Everybody would use this Select Parent room for other room.  I know I would be using this if it was an option in the dojo room option boxes.