Piterros990

Kuva weapons should require less forma to get them to max rank

1 minute ago, Pizzarugi said:

They didn't mention nerfing the stats of rivens for prime weapons. They mentioned buffing riven stats for base variants to make them a little more desirable.

Also, bear in mind the entire point of rivens was to buff unpopular weapons. Someone's Dual Keres will outperform my Prisma Dual Cleavers, for example, because of a riven disposition difference (5/5 vs 3/5), same with their Dragon Nikana versus my Nikana Prime. Disposition nerfs are merely a popularity shift, because the weapons got more popular over others. Expect this to happen constantly, your favorite riven getting buffed and nerfed based on shifting popularity.

My advice if you're that worried about it: Stick to using rivens for weapons that are average, neither bad nor good. Chances are those will be the most stable in regards to disposition shifts.

Ohh, I see, I thought they were going for nerfs rather than buffs. If it's buffs for bases, that's a good change.

16 minutes ago, Piterros990 said:

Ohh, I see, I thought they were going for nerfs rather than buffs. If it's buffs for bases, that's a good change.

Again, and I can't stress this enough, don't expect this to stay. If your favorite prime weapon becomes a favorite for too many people because of the riven, the riven's going to get nerfed while another gets buffed until that also gets too popular.

4 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Again, and I can't stress this enough, don't expect this to stay. If your favorite prime weapon becomes a favorite for too many people because of the riven, the riven's going to get nerfed while another gets buffed until that also gets too popular.

Don't worry, I know how the disposition system works. At first I just thought, rather than dispo change, it was actually a nerf overall, that would reduce the damage no matter the dispo.

Il y a 5 heures, Piterros990 a dit :

Well that depends, honestly, since some weapons and warframes require much more dedication than some other parts of the game. Well, I guess I've only played since July, this year, so it probably isn't much comparing to some vets with several years on account.

What i'm trying to say, is that I used to play for mastery rank, too, few years ago. And a few times, I reached max mastery, which was stuck for a while before the following update. And beyond the simple "catching up and dropping everything" from every single updates, I still found out I had plenty of things to do in the game. Every single time I reached my own objectives, some new one appeared; moslty because I wasn't looking there before.

Completing all the focus school, dropping a set of every single arcanes, hunting the codex, hating rng looking for ephemeras, while min-maxing gear, and getting better at fashionframe... and that's not considering the time spent learning about the game, reading wiki, and sharing informations, while participating in social event (twitch, clan, etc...). And the other daily/weekly missions are also time consuming but are worth doing on the long time (sorties, event, nightwave...)

If you really want to rush the mastery rank, you can do it in a really short amount of time, but the whole xp required to max out the mastery is maybe only 5% of the total xp you'll earn doing "everything"; unless you take a step back and try to do "everything" while slowly getting mastery.

Anwyays, i'm getting away from the subject. Kuva weapons needing forma to max the mastery, it's meh, but it's like that, and there were not the first weapons of the kind (Paracesis was the first and only), and somehow, won't be the last of their kind, as we expect a Corpus variants of the Lich somedays.

Using 5 formas per weapons is, for me, the pain. The time spent leveling it 6 times is, for me, not an issue at all.

Actually for me its not the forma being wasted on crap weapons, which all of these weapons are.. its the GRIND leveling 13 weapons 6 times each.. for no real reason!  I finally got all the weapons after 26 Lichs and I wont do anymore.. thank god thats over with for me..

This from Tenno Tuench says it all:

To add playtime...

playtime that feels like wasted time, that leads to less playtime cause ur frustrated

the 5 forma to max these things out is a bad idea, also is the % elemental bonus that is fricking random, getting all the weapons is also also a not good feeling way to add playtime, and reusing 10 weapons out of 13 is also also also just not a good idea and it looks frecking lazy from the players point of view

overall is this a massive grindfest, I had fun with the 1st 2-3 liches, from there on it was just boring grind.

What annoys me the most, is that Liches are specific mission, making the grind being additive to all the grind we already have, without any possibility of cross farming. I'd prefer, for sure, to be able to farm liches while doing the kuva flood, sorties, and other activities...

Edited by dwqrf

That's what I was saying. Time is partially the issue, because that mostly depends on how much free time do I have (although I'd like to spend it on something other than opening intact relics hoping for forma bps), but it's mostly the waste of forma which you could use on anything else that you want to min-max, something that you enjoy, something that'll be useful. While some of the weapons are fun (Kuva Chakkhurr for example), Ogris is an absolute pain without Cautious Shot, and I have better places to put my endo into. For now, Kuva Ogris is a thing that I'll never use probably, since I'm not a fan of this specific weapon due to the mod requirement, and I still have to waste a slot on it because I don't have it fully mastered yet. And I have plans for formaing useful things, like Nova Prime, or other frames/weapons which I use commonly. Having only 3 forma on stock at the moment might be too little even for min-maxing a frame.