Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jojokaizer

how hard is it? really! how hard?

you build a melee system that reworked and relies on combo building, then you add a heavy attack that drains that combo counter for damage. NOW you add a feature to randomly lose all your counter cause you pressed your melee attack a little longer or if you build your melee speed too high.  why isn't DE addressing this. how hard is it to add in a toggle button to remove this option!? I really want to know? cause at least you can tell me that it's extremely hard so we aren't adding it in currently, and I can make bite the bullet and deal with it for now. instead of getting frustrated about randomly losing my combo counter, and wondering why you aren't fixing this problem.  this is one of the dumbest game mechanic decisions I think I have ever seen in any game.    

4 minutes ago, jojokaizer said:

why isn't DE addressing this. how hard is it to add in a toggle button to remove this option!? I really want to know?

Make it so your post doesn't sound like a rant and put it into Feedback.

I don't see anything to be discussed in except: yes, this "feature" s*cks

4 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Make it so your post doesn't sound like a rant and put it into Feedback.

I don't see anything to be discussed in except: yes, this "feature" s*cks

it's obvious DE is ignoring this issue. I post it in every possible relatable sub forum, and zero response. it's not like I m the only one who's annoyed by this.  their silence on this matter is just puzzling.  so now I m just really questioning, why and how they came to the conclusion that this was a good idea.

Just now, (PS4)HollowMolloy said:

Have you ever even just tried building anything though? 

The problem is with certain speeds on combos and the new "Press and hold to charge" mechanic, you will at times randomly do a heavy attack due to your attack speed. If heavy attacks didn't drain the ENTIRE combo counter by default this would be...much less annoying.

2 minutes ago, jojokaizer said:

it's obvious DE is ignoring this issue. I post it in every possible relatable sub forum, and zero response. it's not like I m the only one who's annoyed by this.  their silence on this matter is just puzzling.  so now I m just really questioning, why and how they came to the conclusion that this was a good idea.

Not responding and being silent about is sth DE is doing since forever. This doesn't mean, however, that they don't listen and change it eventually.

I already backed you up, that I dislike the change as well. I guess it's more like an internal discussion at DE how to make this a good feature for both sides. And there are several examples where this is true

They literally cannot win.

After introducing separate heavy and light attack buttons, people complained about having to use a second key for heavies.

After allowing you to hold the light button for a heavy, people complain.

Bind it to your mouse scroll for goodness' sake, it won't do a heavy attack that way because you can't hold down a scroll motion.

16 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

The problem is with certain speeds on combos and the new "Press and hold to charge" mechanic, you will at times randomly do a heavy attack due to your attack speed. If heavy attacks didn't drain the ENTIRE combo counter by default this would be...much less annoying.

I believe melee combo efficiency is fixing the draining all the combo problem but who cares there's no space to comfort slots, thanks de. meta'er than ever.

22 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

After introducing separate heavy and light attack buttons, people complained about having to use a second key for heavies.

Bind it to your mouse scroll for goodness' sake, it won't do a heavy attack that way because you can't hold down a scroll motion.

or maybe they can implement features while thinking about the implications? you know, fix their game? they can't win cause they don't think before putting stuff in.

26 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

There is a reason people complain now, because they implemented the S#&$ty hold-melee mechanic due to a miniscule part of the community being to lazy to use the actual heavy attack button. And binding it to the scroll-wheel (I assume you mean E here), that solves nothing since hold-melee for heavy is based on both attack speed aswell as fps, so even the mouse wheel can be recognized as a "hold" input.

DE #*!%ed up majorly with this change to please the few. They should have held back on it until they had a mechanic ready that was possible to toggle off in options so both sides would be pleased. What they did was a knee-jerk change for no good reason whatsoever. Now we will probably have to wait for a fix to this for as long or longer than it took them to implement manual blocking and dedicated melee again.

Not to dismiss the issue but the problem isn't something everyone encounters, even when using high attack speed. Which could very well be putting it as a minor issue that isn't affecting enough players to make it a priority.

57 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

due to a miniscule part of the community being to lazy to use the actual heavy attack button

Controllers have always been struggling to map everything for this game.
Holding down the attack button feels like it shouldn't do nothing.
None of that is laziness.

The problem isn't that holding the button a little too long performs a heavy attack, the problem is that it drains hundreds of attacks from the combo counter in which builds are heavily reliant on for damage.  I'm sure they'll implement a solution soon, but the silence is bound to upset some people. 

Having heavy attacks on holding the melee button just like with charge attacks before was a requested feature. It simply has an unforseen consequence. Maybe it was a bit shortsighted but it hasbenn requested and they followed suit.

Ideally they jsut make it a toggle so people who actively want that option can have it while those who either simply don't or are facing the accidental heavies can toggle it off. Ideally it should also be worked on so that it can't go off accidentally due to attack speed and framerate interactions but no idea how difficult that is to do or how long that takes.

If it really bothers you so much that you have throw a mindless rant at the forums you can try running Zenurik + Focus Energy to get max efficency without ehavily imapcting your melee build.
It certainly is a bit annyoing but just give proper feedback and especially appropriately name the title. Topics like this are just garbage.

2 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

The problem is with certain speeds on combos and the new "Press and hold to charge" mechanic, you will at times randomly do a heavy attack due to your attack speed.

I've been a Gauss boosted by my own ult and Volt Speed, using Kogake Prime, and I still have never managed to accidentally queue a heavy attack. Pressing rapidly has never turned into holding the button down. This might be an issue with your keyboard or your how fast your game can process your inputs.

2 hours ago, jojokaizer said:

how hard is it? really! how hard?

It's pretty difficult. But you're doing well! I saw you use a period or two in the correct spot, you just gotta work on how question marks and capitals -- oh, you meant about game....

the hard part is that they should add a toggle option if people want to hold turn it on if you want the system that actually works turn it off

31 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

It's pretty difficult. But you're doing well! I saw you use a period or two in the correct spot, you just gotta work on how question marks and capitals -- oh, you meant about game....

you're gud!! gud job, you're really smart with you're knowledge of grammEEr. I am proud of you! keep it up.

That's why you go zenuruik and install focus energy on your weapon so you don't lose all your combo points. 😄

Seriously though heavy attack needs a rework.