Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Range feels better now, but

(PSN)Jedi_Arts_

After getting a chance to try out Melee Phase 2 changes, I think the thing that is making the biggest impact is Melee range changes. Most weapons can achieve at least a respectable range range now. This was probably the most no-brainer thing that needed to happen to Melee, but it's good that they finally did it. However, I'm still noticing some symptoms of the old ways.

There are still some weapons that feel just a bit too short. Several melee classes have a base range at about 1.25-1.5 meters or so. This isn't a bad a base range. However, they max out at just over ~4m with Primed Reach. That feels way better than before. But in a new environment where range is supposed to feel universally good across all Melee classes, the difference from longer weapons is pretty noticeable.

So, I recommend buffing Primed Reach to +4 meters.

This is something I didn't come up with myself. I've seen some players saying this several times since the update. I think it would really help some of the shorter weapons feel better, while longer weapons also feel a bit closer to before.

For example, the difference between ~5m & ~7m weapons would feel a lot less significant than between ~4m & ~6m. The proportion makes the difference feel a lot less. Also I feel like there is something about 5 meters that just feels like the magic number here. If each weapon could equip at least 5, I think there would be a lot less reason to feel downgraded by using a shorter weapon. I think stylistic and stance factors would compel people into using an even more diverse set of Melee classes.

I will say that if Melee range stays the way it is now, it's not bad. The situation we have now is pretty acceptable. I just feel like a bit of a buff to Primed Reach would help make melee feel even better. And I think it would encourage diversity of weapon use. Something like this could be one of those small changes that goes a long way. Having a nice range is one of the most fun things about Melee in my opinion.

Prime Reach can go to 4m when zaws drop to 1/2m for 1h/2h and the rest of weapons drop from 2.5m+ to 1.5+
The one melee range mod that could get a buff is Spring loaded blade from 2m to 2.5m to be the literal equivalent to berserk in functionality (having 3 stacks with a cap of 2.5 stack effectiveness).

Edited by Andele3025