Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack rebuilding should allow use of clan vault if desired

blackflashcannon

rebuilding the railjack so far has costed quite a bit of resources. someone cold-starting the questline later down the line (i.e. no carbides, no diodes, etc) could find themselves days or weeks behind the rest of their clan. Recently one of my clanmates proposed storing excess resources in the clan vault for new clan members/slow starters to be able to get a jumpstart on rebuilding their railjacks.

When I explained to him that you can't withdraw from the dojo vault (which he thought you could always do) he made a fair point; the dojo vault is a communal pool, where clan members pool extra resources so that the clan can use it for in-dojo construction if they don't have any of their own, so why can't we work together to pool resources to help other players outside of dojo research? What harm is there in letting people pull what they need in a cooperative setting?

Even if letting clan members withdraw from the vault isn't the answer, that does bring me back around to the point of using a dojo pool to repair the railjacks, given their extremely high cost and the cold-start time that can show up for people further down the line. Should we be able to let clan members of a certain duration be able to withdraw from the vault as well as add to it, or should we be able to at least tap into the vault for repairing the railjacks?

• Like 1

Hmmm I'm genuinely conflicted.

Part of me wants to be all "no" because it's technically individual research and DE has made a point of not allowing the playerbase to trade normal resources/frame parts. Because it would almost be a way around not being able to trade resources.... 

However the other part of me wants to be all "yes" because DE has seriously muddied the waters by forcing the clan aspect of the drydock.... sooo it's not a purely really an individual effort at this point.

I'm still kinda leaning towards it not being the best thing to let people get gifted all the materials to just have a railjack but it would still be nice to be able to contribute some percentage towards clanmates efforts to take a bit of the edge off. 

• Like 1

Given not only how much it is but how varied, I think they might be going for some kind of 'organic barrier' approach. Like "Ok, you've got to the Second Dream, but we don't know you've experienced most of the content in any depth. Look for a bunch of resources all over the game to make sure you're well acquainted". It makes sense, since Empyrean seems to blend gameplay styles, which is probably going to take a bit more mental load than normal missions do.

That being said, being able to make it so a clan member or buddy can show them the ropes and help with acquisition would probably help there too, so I'm not sure. I don't think a straight clan vault thing works for that though.

Likely technical limitations. You can't withdraw from the Clan Dojo vault as you said and you don't get a choice as to what source of resources to use - vault first, then player inventory. Vault resources are also only ever usable for communal Dojo projects. I suspect DE worry about players joining clans, draining their vaults and leaving, as well, so I doubt this will change. Not a bad idea intrinsically, but one I don't see a good implementation for without opening Dojos up to abuse.

• Like 2

i have an idea brewing, a loan system.
players can donate to the vault to be loaned out to other vault members.
other members of the dojo can take out resources as a loan, paying back a small percentage of their drops to repay back the loan over time
if they desire to pay back extra early, they can do so at the vault terminal

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blackflashcannon said:

i have an idea brewing, a loan system.
players can donate to the vault to be loaned out to other vault members.
other members of the dojo can take out resources as a loan, paying back a small percentage of their drops to repay back the loan over time
if they desire to pay back extra early, they can do so at the vault terminal

This

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My clanmate just donated a couple millions to help the repairs... and we just realized it's all for nothing. 

So basicaly, we each have to spend hours farming credits (and the ressources in their case) for something that has every aspect of a clan project, except it isn't one. 

Atm, we have about 3M cred in the Vault, and for what? Decorations that cost about 500-1k each? There's not even enough room in our Dojo for that much useless stuff. A clan is supposed to be a group of people helping each other, but we can't help others in their project? People with more credits they could ever spend can't give some to their Clan in case others who don't like ruining their day farming the Index  might need a helping hand?

At first I wasn't sure why people complained about ressources, but it's because I though it was a clan project in which everybody could participate. Guess I was wrong and the only purpose of Clans is to sell Ignis Wraith Bps and get trophies from events. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16
Sorry for the rant, imma go blast some machines into spare parts to calm myself.