Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Trick with Orvius.

(XBOX)Skullstachio

As I discovered in the simulacrum with extensive testing (you ain’t gonna like it), It does suspend enemies in the air for 3 seconds. (Enter true melee, block first and then throw with the heavy attack prompt.)

The Issue: It no longer holds them in place by not hovering above their head pre-update 26.0, Instead, you have to aim at the waistline of the enemy for it to suspend them for the 3 seconds. A few problems are outlined in this regard:

1. Because you have to aim at the enemies waist with it, the consistency is harder to accomplish.
  2. Problem 1 also outlines a Damage discrepency in the terms that because the damage was done to the enemies “Head” the headshot damage is no longer a viable factor. (Which is what really got me peeved off.)
  3. The Disc used to hold an enemy in place for “5” seconds (so yeah, nerfed by 2 seconds. Ouch.)

Long Story Short: The Orvius is now about as useless as a Screen Door on a Submarine.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

As far as I can tell (from the wiki page which remains un-updated) it was always 3 seconds. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

To be fair, As a player who frequents the index with the Cycron/Orvius combo, it used to be 5 seconds, however, there could have been an old patch that reduced it from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Skullstachio said:

Cycron/Orvius combo

Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

In other news, I haven't managed to get Orvius to suspend anyone since the update, and the explosions now only work in full melee mode (and they're triggered, not automatic). Sad times for my Ivara, who has now had 2 melees gutted before her eyes (I used Redeemer with her back when it was silent).

I really hope this gets fixed for dual wielding secondary + melee. Orvius is my most used melee weapon because of the utility and fun of suspending a high value target. Now I can no longer do this reliably and the weapon is dead to me. All that forma, wasted.