Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Is Rather Obnoxious

Renathy

The chat has a few issues that I would like to see changed. Here are some suggestions:

1) Whisper tab - It's hard to notice whether I'm whispering or not. Sometimes I come from a session and I try typing into he Clan chat, for example, and it ends up whispering a player I have talked to before.

2) Whisper history - I sometimes forget that the /r command is used to reply to whispers from players and not when I have whispered a player. Change such feature and place it into the Whisper tab as a button that shows all whispered players and vice-versa, so I can pick the player who I want to reply with ease and prevent myself from making a mistake.

3) Responsiveness - The chat lacks responsiveness when I log into it for the first time after starting the game. Since I switch tabs too quickly - from Region to Recruiting, for example - it places me into the opposite one, depending on the one which I've switched from to. (I was kicked from the Region chat, while trying to look for a squad in the Recruiting chat.)

4) Message alerts - I completely miss many messages, mainly from Clan members, because red isn't really noticeable; Or sometimes it doesn't change color. What I suggest is that it shows a number of messages missed. (e.g.: Clan (3))

5) Placement - As of my resolution, the chat shows up under the new button designs, which bothers me and it forces me to push it to the right, all the time, but when maximizing the chat, I noticed that the chat while maximized and minimized has two different placement layouts. Apart from that, allow us to lock the chat on a certain area - Even after re-logging in, it should stay in its locked position.

Region Chat and Chat Ingeneral needs a Complete Overhaul and this is well-known among people like me who spend hours in Region Chat daily at times. I feel they should keep the tab system, but change the UI of Chat, make it so you can open up Private Chats in new Chat Windows and talk amongst friends only, the ability to left click someones name IN CHAT not on the CHAT LIST and have the options to invite them to a game, whisper them, etc. and the ability to manage multiple whispers so that you don't accidentally whisper someone else when you were having a conversation in whispers with another, I tend to press /r than quickly realize someone else had whispered me so the reply goes to a completely different person than I wanted.

I agree with all these suggestions - and I'd also like to see the chat box open up to an option panel instead of defaulting to Region all the time. Even though I use chat all the time I sometimes come back from a mission and start chatting, and then realize I'm in Region when I thought I was somewhere else (like where I left off). I also notice a lot of people who are not familiar yet posting in Region, partly due to the fact that it opens up there automatically. It would be much more efficient to open it to options asking what area of chat you want to go to (could be as simple as a button array).

A whisper tab and a friend's chat tab would be great. Also some way to display or hide the chat window at any time. I have people who will join me. But if I'm in say, the market, arsenal, or foundry I almost always miss the fact someone bounced in. Also you can't talk while dead or bleeding without "c" This could do with a change.