Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana zaw (Sepfahn) bugs

killer13tibor

Message added by NovusNova,

"For those reporting the Nikana Zaw Sheath issues, we have it logged but I do not have a fix timeline to share. Just know it is known and on the board to be fixed - but mind you we have a packed month and other things are taking priority at the moment!" - https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1262823-console-call-of-the-tempestarii-interim-update-3010-status-launching-today/?do=findComment&comment=12150884

2 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

Thank you for saving me platinum. Someone suggested I buy a skin from market to fix the sepfahn visual mess but I knew it wouldn't work so I googled it first. What a waste of money that would have been.

I feel ya. I bought the Shinigami Nikana skin exlusively for my sepfahn nikana, only to find out it’s sheath freaks out and bugs in every single mission. So frustrating

Dont know if anybody else has had similar issue or if im being stupid, i adjusted the holster postion of my sepfahn zaw, then equiped my kuva bramma and it seems to a permantely adjusted the the way the bramma being holstered with no way to reset it, making it really off and clip tonnes, anyone know a fix or should i start farming liches again 😂

Still bugged. Anything new from the dev-site of things? It seems to get worse. My sheathe is floating around like a madman! One time next to my back. Then again over my head. And on the other mission it was somewhere behind my right leg. This REALLY ruins the weapon for me, eventhough I mained it for so long =/

• Like 2

On 2021-05-04 at 4:44 AM, Dualice said:

Still going, this is Sepfahn with Nikana Tekelu skin:

3607935241C482CABB62B301EF3F1A2F107BEF23

That bug Happened to me too, with tekelu skin. It makes my warframe look as if it grew a big pp

Atleast that is the fun aspect about it xD

This is the bug that happens when you equip a Sepfahn Ninkana, if you switch between a weapon and your melee the sheathe will move out of position. It is likely that there is an error in the equipping animation that is over rotating the sheathe in attempt to align it with the sword. the first time you hold f to change to melee the sheathe will be out of position immediately. upon switching to primary and back to melee the sheathe rotates further, this repeats indefinitely the sheathe never returns to its original position.

https://imgur.com/a/4F8nSUC

There are 5 screenshots taken one after another after switching to a primary and back to melee. the sheathe can clearly be seen rotating.

This is the bug at its core there are many other things that this may cause. solve this first and others may be solved in the process.

hLp7yuQ.jpgcwOijLU.jpgvsrFofc.jpg6UPBdcx.jpgLRbtBj8.jpg

When you buy the dax skin and you just discover this post and that the zaw is being glitched for a while... seems to be glitched only if not hosting?

Edit: No, it glitches everytime randomly even if host.

20210508221822-1.jpg

Edited by FrolicM

The fact that it doesn't affect other ninkanas makes it seem to me like its really not that hard a bug to solve either. depends how D.E has actually built warframe animations, whatever they did different in the sepfahn the need to get rid of...

It's rather heartbreaking to have come here to report this issue only to see that it's been a known issue for almost two freaking years and DE has done nothing about it. I built a cool nikana Zaw with stats I really wanted on a Nikana, only to find it looks like buggy garbage with the sheath floating around everywhere. I guess I'll just give this one up and skip nikana zaws. 

• Like 1

This is not a bug report, there is already a 8 page post going on the first pagw of art and animation bugs section of the forum. 
The reason I made this post is I REALLY want to discuss why DE isn’t able to(or just ignore) Fix the visual sheath bug of Sepfahn Nikana for almost 2 WHOLE YEARS??? 
How is it okay to sell Tennogen skins for nikanas when that skin yoy paid money to use on your nikana zaws won’t work and bug out every single mission? 
Now, I dont know anything about the tech of these things, so please do enlighten me if it is a tough work for a whole company to fix a single visual bug.

• Like 3

Zaws are some of the spaghettiest stuff in the game. For a very long time you couldn't even use weapon skins on them because their stats were tied to the meshes or something like that. So yeah, higher than zero chance that the sheath bug somehow goes a lot deeper than just visuals, and it wouldn't really surprise me if it is simply beyond their ability to fix it without breaking something else.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ebrl said:

Zaws are some of the spaghettiest stuff in the game. For a very long time you couldn't even use weapon skins on them because their stats were tied to the meshes or something like that. So yeah, higher than zero chance that the sheath bug somehow goes a lot deeper than just visuals, and it wouldn't really surprise me if it is simply beyond their ability to fix it without breaking something else.

I see, but couldnt we at least get an explanation from DE about why it is so hard to fix it. The silence just makes it look like they are ignoring it rather than working on it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, _Euphoria_ said:

I see, but couldnt we at least get an explanation from DE about why it is so hard to fix it. The silence just makes it look like they are ignoring it rather than working on it

It's probably because you have to re-write the entire Zaw code to make it work. It's not impossible, it's just takes a lot of time to do. It's basically like if the foundation of the building is not good, you have to tear it all down and build from scratch with a new and improved foundation.

47 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

It's probably because you have to re-write the entire Zaw code to make it work. It's not impossible, it's just takes a lot of time to do. It's basically like if the foundation of the building is not good, you have to tear it all down and build from scratch with a new and improved foundation.

Source?

5 hours ago, _Euphoria_ said:

but couldnt we at least get an explanation from DE about why it is so hard to fix it.

Okay, 'hard' isn't the issue here.

I'll tell you the answer based on all of the other fixes and changes that have taken a while to fix:

They have a priority list of things to do.

A visual bug on sheathed katanas but so specific that it's only the Zaw katanas, that's probably not very high up on the list.

Even if you break it down to just the bug-fixing side of things, and don't count into priority the amount of visual and animation work that has to go into new content, there are definitely bugs higher up the list than this one.

I mean... even as far as priority goes? Making a list of ongoing reported bugs and putting out statements every now and then about progress, when 99% of the time the progress is just 'Pending'... That's time out of somebody's day that could be better spent fixing things.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

I'm not surprised if their solution ended up being a toggle on attachment tab to hide the sheath and make it invisible permanently. (which I honestly don't mind)

A toggle to make the sheath invisible would be better than nothing for sure!