Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerns about Railjack costs and future progress

Domaik

First of all, unless you rushed to complete all the quests up to The Second Dream, you're going to have most of the common resources to build the railjack. You're also going to have 30 Orokin Cells because a lot of prime weapons that eat Orokin Cells won't let you even build the weapons until you're a higher MR. You'll probably have hundreds to thousands of Fieldron Samples and Detonite Ampules... you only need 500 of these! The new resources each take 0.5-1 hours to farm on PoE/Vallis and an appropriate Grineer Shipyard/Ice Planet tileset. This is not hard stuff man!

Notice how DE only included Fieldron Samples and Detonite Ampules as mat requirements for railjack components. Instead of 500 Mutagen Samples for the second to last railjack part for consistency, they threw in 15 Argon Crystals. Most players, new or otherwise, do not have even have 100 Mutagen Samples! Who seriously plays endless Derelict missions to amass this quantity of Mutagen Samples? Very few (I do!)! In my experience, most Mutagen Samples come from lockers and containers. Who even goes out of their way to find lockers and containers? Very few (I do! I even use Master Thief!).

Argon Crystals start decaying after 1 full day of acquiring them. You have basically 2 days to use them before the quantity decays. All you need to do is proactively farm them 1-2 days before you build the expensive Argon Crystal railjack part. Each part takes 12 hours to complete... what else are you going to do? This is a non-issue!

The credits will be the hardest for new players. New players will not necessarily have the courage to take on 4-5 High Risk Index missions/rounds. A Rhino with just basic mods probably won't cut it for high risk Index. And remember, new players do not have Syndicates unlocked to get augments (for example, for their Rhino!). They do not have any/many corrupted mods, they do not have any/many Primed Mods, and they certainly don't have enough Endo to max some of these mods! So High Risk Index is going to be more challenging under these conditions.

Lastly, you have weeks, maybe months until phase 2? You don't need to build railjack this very instant!

• Like 2

I think many (if not all) people answering to this thread have not read the full post or missed the point.

It's not about the cost, it's about player progression for those who do not have the means to get it. As it stands right now quests are solo-only specially cinematic ones.

I am concerned that the whole mechanic of boarding other people railjacks will be made pointless if progress in quests is awarded only to the owner or made solo-only.

And yes my clan is almost a kindergarten, we take new players and try to teach them the ropes of the game and learn the game, we help them as much as we can so we have players who cannot afford big things like railjack

1 hour ago, Domaik said:

And yes my clan is almost a kindergarten, we take new players and try to teach them the ropes of the game and learn the game, we help them as much as we can so we have players who cannot afford big things like railjack

Well then they have to start working towards being able to afford it just like they have to work on unlocking Arbitrations and mods, arcanes, syndicates etc. I'm far from being able to build all the parts (I have 8.5mil credits atm), but there is loads of time to get there.

I really wish DE had put huge "NOT FOR NEW PLAYERS" sign on this thing...

2 hours ago, Domaik said:

I am concerned that the whole mechanic of boarding other people railjacks will be made pointless if progress in quests is awarded only to the owner or made solo-only.

Any railjack-specific drops they'll get to keep to use when they finally build their own.

At least I think I remember DE saying that at some point during the reveal. I might be wrong but can't be bothered to go over the footage.

I doubt they'd get quest progress though. You won't ever get a quest progress in a quest you haven't started yourself and if railjack is the requirement then you can't start it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leyvonne said:

I really wish DE had put huge "NOT FOR NEW PLAYERS" sign on this thing...

The thing is, there, is that at least once, they described Railjack as "glue" that will hold missions together, almost like a replacement to the star chart traveling, as how far reaching it would be... a new way to launch missions and travel around. Something THAT game changing isn't just "endgame" ... it's game-wide, and given the requirements to build this thing, that vision for it either changed, or got lost in the mix of wanting to provide some extra grind for their longer term players.

So, as far as I'm concerned, from everything they were saying up until they released the costs for building this thing... it seemed "entry level" ... even, immediately after getting the Archwing sort of early. There's a little confusion here with what their intent really is with it. And while it may be the key to accessing the Tau system and further endgame stuff like Squad-linked raid type content... the "railjack" itself was never advertised as strictly endgame.

• Like 1

3 минуты назад, (PS4)AyinDygra сказал:

The thing is, there, is that at least once, they described Railjack as "glue" that will hold missions together, almost like a replacement to the star chart traveling, as how far reaching it would be... a new way to launch missions and travel around. Something THAT game changing isn't just "endgame" ...

Mere speculations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

The thing is, there, is that at least once, they described Railjack as "glue" that will hold missions together, almost like a replacement to the star chart traveling, as how far reaching it would be... a new way to launch missions and travel around. Something THAT game changing isn't just "endgame" ... it's game-wide, and given the requirements to build this thing, that vision for it either changed, or got lost in the mix of wanting to provide some extra grind for their longer term players.

You don't need a railjack to participate in those ground support missions DE showed during the reveal. I think it's very much supposed to be something to work towards but the system certinaly can affect other players even if they don't yet have the railjack themselves.

5 minutes ago, LocoWithGun said:
11 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

You don't need a railjack to participate in those ground support missions DE showed during the reveal. I think it's very much supposed to be something to work towards but the system certinaly can affect other players even if they don't yet have the railjack themselves.

There is no point in guessing what DE planned, because the footage showed everyone fighting the kuva lich. Now on the other hand, the lich system is already cut from railjack, so we have no clue what they changed/will change in the upcoming updates. I do hope that they won't chop up more expansions, because they have no clue where they are heading content wise.

Edited by Fellas92

33 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

So, as far as I'm concerned, from everything they were saying up until they released the costs for building this thing... it seemed "entry level" ... even, immediately after getting the Archwing sort of early. There's a little confusion here with what their intent really is with it. And while it may be the key to accessing the Tau system and further endgame stuff like Squad-linked raid type content... the "railjack" itself was never advertised as strictly endgame.

I never said anything about Railjack being endgame, it just isn't something new players should be rushing into. It is better to get a comfotable footing in the star chart, learn how to farm and manage resources so everything isn't "hand to mouth" and then start expanding into other areas of the game. And if someone who has completed the star chart can't afford to build this thing they need to look in the mirror because the one to blame is looking back at them. For the record I have 8.6mil credits so I can only afford to build one part without farming more creds and the only person responsible for my lack of credits after 16 months of playing is me.

DE just want ppl to cave and buy those resource boosters, especially on argon crystal that will disappear 24hrs after, asking ppl to farm 15 of these like you're working in warframe instead of playing it is despicable

Edited by UNO168

56 minutes ago, UNO168 said:

DE just want ppl to cave and buy those resource boosters, especially on argon crystal that will disappear 24hrs after, asking ppl to farm 15 of these like you're working in warframe instead of playing it is despicable

Uh... Have you ever farmed argon crystals? First, they don't disappear after 24 hours, the time is longer, they'll stay 24 hours and then will start decaying.

Second: What are you talking about? Like, really. You might need to do 3-4 runs of any exterminate mission in the void and you probably will have them all without boosters. Granted it's random and you might need a few more. But so what? God forbid DE making us work towards a goal! I seriously doubt it would take you more than 1-2 hours to farm all the argon crystals, are you being obtuse on purpose or just plain lazy?

4 hours ago, UNO168 said:

3 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

But 15 argon crystals though...sheesh... well, might was well farm Vectis prime while I'm at it.

Argon is ridiculously overblown by the average masses. This is the only time you might ever actually need to farm it. All the other Argon costs are just passive oh-look-a-void-mission checks because you just trip over them all the time.

Essentially:

3 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Second: What are you talking about? Like, really. You might need to do 3-4 runs of any exterminate mission in the void and you probably will have them all without boosters. Granted it's random and you might need a few more. But so what? God forbid DE making us work towards a goal! I seriously doubt it would take you more than 1-2 hours to farm all the argon crystals, are you being obtuse on purpose or just plain lazy?

This is the absolute truth.

The Teshub node is your friend. Lockers and containers are your friend.

Run 1: 9 Argon (with a little kitten free-resource-spawn assist).

Run 2: 3 argon.

Run 3: My cat stacked just 2 affinity boosts together at a useful time, and I walked out with 20 argon from that one mission.

These runs took around 15-20 minutes each and that's purposefully going out of my way for every last container and locker in the map (all the hidden ones I know of, too). Realistically, you burn through twice the missions in half the time, and keep an eye out for those lovely little Pegmatite containers that throw out 1-2 guaranteed crystals in addition to your RNG loots.

You don't even have to do it all at once. Argon doesn't decay once it's contributed to the build.

And in case the odd-numbers from my missions somehow didn't give it away, yes, that's without a Resource Drop Booster. Otherwise I would have been done in the first run - or have walked away with 49 excess argon quite literally burning (themselves into) a hole in my pocket.

Edited by TheLexiConArtist
  • Like 2

Hello,

What is going to happen when i'll have finish to build my spaceship, and i leave or be ejected or the clan closed (don't know if it could be, but you understand) ?

do i need to join/create a clan to use the ship ? (Empyrean will give the reply i guess)

do i need to rebuild it ?

I was wondering if anyone have the answers or have been face of that :)

cheers

1 minute ago, TheTracker said:

Hello,

What is going to happen when i'll have finish to build my spaceship, and i leave or be ejected or the clan closed (don't know if it could be, but you understand) ?

do i need to join/create a clan to use the ship ? (Empyrean will give the reply i guess)

do i need to rebuild it ?

I was wondering if anyone have the answers or have been face of that 🙂

cheers

You will need a clan to build a ship but not to access it. The new orbiter design will include the ability to board your railjack from it.

@OP I totally agree. All of my IRL friends are casual players. They are not going to build a Railjack, probably ever. The devs really need to consider what they're doing. Leveling your Operator to a comfortable level is already far too much for most players. This isn't as bad, but it seems to be a trend. 

On 2019-11-25 at 5:34 AM, Miyabi-sama said:

No offence, but your clan is a kindergarden?

Yes it is expensive.

Yes it is long term goal.

No, it is an essential time gate.

No, it shouldn't be built at day 1 after update.

P.s. 6 millions credits hurts, but ain't Index refreshing?

Exploiter orb is faster, less risky, and orb runs can be chained without returning to 4tuna.

2 hours ago, Authoritycat said:

@OP I totally agree. All of my IRL friends are casual players. They are not going to build a Railjack, probably ever. The devs really need to consider what they're doing. Leveling your Operator to a comfortable level is already far too much for most players. This isn't as bad, but it seems to be a trend. 

What is so prohibitively expensive about the Railjack, other than the credits? I just checked the resource list again to make sure I hadn't missed anything major, and there's nothing there that should be a progression blocker for even the casual players. Your post says to me that all your IRL friends don't play, and you can't convince them to join you. I am a casual player, and I had no issues building any of the parts. I've just played enough that I've accumulated those resources, despite not grinding for them (except the new stuff, I got excited there and farmed it in the 6 hours the research was happening).

As a One Piece fan I have "New World" vibes when thinking about Empyrean. Before voyaging into the new Space, it takes a ritual of commitment and dedication to prove your worthiness to co-play in more coordinated yet independently-roled missions in outer space, and also shows that you understand the game enough to have accumulated your investment into railjack. Yes, i know it would be hard for new players to join in the fray quickly, but honestly there is so much content out there already for new players, which they should thoroughly focus on and enjoy, before moving on to the latest and greatest content like Railjack. 

I'm predicting, once in the future when Railjack becomes more of a standard activity and DE has enough content beyond Railjack such that they actively want more players doing it, they might consider lowering the barrier to entry to Railjack.

2 minutes ago, Dban1 said:

As a One Piece fan I have "New World" vibes when thinking about Empyrean. Before voyaging into the new Space, it takes a ritual of commitment and dedication to prove your worthiness to co-play in more coordinated yet independently-roled missions in outer space, and also shows that you understand the game enough to have accumulated your investment into railjack. Yes, i know it would be hard for new players to join in the fray quickly, but honestly there is so much content out there already for new players, which they should thoroughly focus on and enjoy, before moving on to the latest and greatest content like Railjack. 

I'm predicting, once in the future when Railjack becomes more of a standard activity and DE has enough content beyond Railjack such that they actively want more players doing it, they might consider lowering the barrier to entry to Railjack.

Ehh… I'd take it with a grain of salt. If DE rushes this, its going to be a buggy mess especially when they close in for the holidays.