Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Tide: Hotfix 26.1.2

[DE]Megan

I've had some time to finally use the Archwing and test for changes.

Audio feedback seems a little off, it used to sound and feel very obvious when boosting at full speed prior to the update and this no longer seems to be the case.

General maneuvering (to me anyhow) feels pretty good where it's at; however, the universal blink is NOT great. For one, and I'm not sure if the keybinds are functioning as intended but even after setting them to default it still functions like this, blink being your "roll" feels terrible. We have to STOP thrusting full-speed in order to blink with the default keybinds. I'm assuming mapping roll to space would do the trick for it, but I'm then sacrificing my ability to shift upward when not boosting.

So, maneuvering feels okay, full-thrust feels awful now.

Oh, and the Itzal with that harpoon is awful. Please figure out something better than lifting the most useless ability on Valkyr. 

8 hours ago, Pixzia said:

This was changed with The Old Blood Update. If this was still the way it worked, people would not be complaining about the values.

damn guess i was wrong, slide worked day one so didn't notice after swapping of my usual melee build. thx for the heads up

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Swapped the planet locations of Cubic Diodes and Carbide to match their Resource type:
    • Cubic Diodes = Eximus units on Europa Ice Planet tileset
    • Carbides = Eximus units on Ceres Shipyard tileset
  • Fixed Cubic Diodes and Carbide Resources not dropping 50% of the time. For further clarification, *abilities that increase loot drops do not apply to these Resource drop type: Cubic Diodes and Carbides have a 100% chance to roll the table for a 50% chance, can't boost that 100% any further!
  • Fixed various issues with ground-mission Cubic Diodes and Carbide pickups, such as: Waypointing them resulted in a generic waypoint and not an item specific tag, and pickup FX being removed as soon as someone picked them up resulting in confusion as to where the Resource actually is on the ground.

for once, i saw no issue in the resource farming of those new one - though i still think you should have made use of the tons of resources that keep adding up in our orbiters.

i would have prefered you had spend more time thinking about the placement of the dry dock instead - or, the whole way working our dojos is done...

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed a recurring issue where hacking a panel on a Corpus tileset would prevent you from hacking it again in the future, potentially locking the player in the room during lockdown.

i'm pretty sure the few times, when the rest of the team were trapped inside the corpus ships after the host extracted/crashed/left/whatever, had nothing to do with this (since i know there was no previous hacking any consoles at all) but more with host migration gone fubar... but we'll see if it help anyway ^^)

1 hour ago, R4dioS1lence said:

"""Maiming Strike = 150""" Slide Crit Chance is additive, so don't phrase it the same as the others. Slide Crit and Mod Crit are TWO VERY different things.

Not since the Old Blood patch.  Maiming Strike is just another — albeit a conditional one — additive crit mod now, hence the calls for a buff to its numbers.

You might want to lay off the condescending tone when you're posting misinformation. 

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Companions getting distracted by Roller Floofs while being viewed in the Arsenal, making them near impossible to customize.

That must be the cutest and most adorable bug in the history of video games.

Now I need to fight a bear to feel manly again.

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Cubic Diodes and Carbide Resources not dropping 50% of the time. For further clarification, *abilities that increase loot drops do not apply to these Resource drop type: Cubic Diodes and Carbides have a 100% chance to roll the table for a 50% chance, can't boost that 100% any further!

Is this an out-of-season Aprils fools joke or do the developers genuinely not know how their own game works?

Loot abilities like Nekros Desecrate roll the corpse a second time for another chance at the drop table, rather than increasing the %drop chance of items directly - so your justification that it "can't boost that 100% any further" makes no sense. Something like Nekros Desecrate would, in theory, grant a 54% chance at a second roll of 100% chance to roll for 50% chance.

If you want loot frames to intentionally not work on the new resources, then just state so and be honest with your playerbase - instead of cooking up something that reinforces the notion that the developers don't even play their own game.

Thanks for another hotfix, super fast on those bugs 💜 

My suggestion with the new melee is to remove polarities on Stance mods, so any weapon can use all of it's possible stances (still giving the extra capacity ofc). After this all you would need to do is bring some new stances out which have more simple/less momentum moves for the players who prefer this playstyle (think quick strike kinda combos) and everyone is happy 🙂 

In terms of the new blink, to me it was plain as day as soon as steve spoke about the cd on blink that people wouldn't be too happy with it. I did try sending multiple messages into the chat saying it needs 2/3 charges to not feel repetitive and also give eidolon hunters a better compromise, but this is a better place to say these things. 

Stances without polarities, and more variety of stances solves the melee animation problems that people have (if you say just forma the stance slot you're a goose). Charges on blink is a great compromise and will actually make it feel better not worse, as hitting blink every 3s as soon as it is off cd is simply not fun for long at all.

Thankyou for reading, and whether taken on board or not, I am happy to have somewhere i can share these thoughts.

2 hours ago, alchemystn2o said:

Just curious about this hotfix. It seems that I can get duplicate kuva weapons even thought I have not gotten all of them in the first go round.  I thought Rising Tides supposed to fix that.  My 5th kava weapon was kava quartakk and I got that on my 2nd kuva weapon.  TIA.

You can still get dupes, all they did was fix it so your latest weapon isn't a dupe of the last one your lich had 😊

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Cubic Diodes and Carbide Resources not dropping 50% of the time. For further clarification, *abilities that increase loot drops do not apply to these Resource drop type: Cubic Diodes and Carbides have a 100% chance to roll the table for a 50% chance, can't boost that 100% any further!

That's...That's not how the loot frames work.You either need to clarify the above point on wether its specifically hydroid and khora which don't work(and if so why?,since they work on other enemies with a 100% drop chance),wether nekros still works.Because right now it seems like you arbitrarily decided to nerf loot frames with respect to these specific 2 resources and sets up a bad precedent for any upcoming resource drops as well.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Senguash:

Thanks for the hotfix!

Still hoping for a way to play liches in premade squads. Currently you need to rng the same nodes as your friends for it to be functional and that's far too inconvenient.

Still hoping for critical chance on slide attack to be brought up to a reasonable power level.

Sacrificial Steel = 220
CC on rivens = 180
Maiming Strike = 150
Slide CC on rivens = 90

The first 2 applies on all attacks and gets 2x on heavy attacks.

The latter 2 forces you to slide exclusively.

This makes no sense.

it does when you consider that they don't want spin to win back in the game

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Cubic Diodes and Carbide Resources not dropping 50% of the time. For further clarification, *abilities that increase loot drops do not apply to these Resource drop type: Cubic Diodes and Carbides have a 100% chance to roll the table for a 50% chance, can't boost that 100% any further!

@[DE]Megan What does *abilities mean?

Pilfering Strangledome gives a 65% chance for additional loot to be dropped, and it then can be any loot the enemy drops.

Pilfering Swarm is the same, except 100% (but must get the killing blow)

Nekros' Desecrate loots the dead bodies with a 54% success rate

The Smeeta Kavats Charm ability can trigger the affinity boost, which is essentially just a resource booster, this doubles the amount picked up, not dropped.

None of these abilities boost the drop chance above 100%, they all give a second roll for things to drop again.

So that begs the question, are we talking about Resource Boosters? If we are, then once again they do not affect drop tables, but pickups.

Which only leaves Resource Drop Chance Boosters. That means you have you owe everyone who has one active or bought one in the last 3 days to increase their chance of dropping a refund or a free booster to make up for it, because that is just ripping your player base off for platinum (a paid currency).
(I would also point out this is NOT an ability)

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

What does this mean? Sounds like you are saying "there is a guaranteed chance to get a 50% chance". What?

Archived