Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Tide: Hotfix 26.1.2

[DE]Megan

I very much wish that the new kuva weapons had the ability to be merged and leveled up instead of spending 5 forma on EACH of them just to get them to 40. When it was paracesis, it was fine because it was the only weapon like that and I didn't grind for it. I've gotten 3 tonkors and besides converting liches and selling them (which not everyone wants to buy certain types) or "upgrading" one that I've kept, it makes more sense to merge them and level from 0 up to the 32/34/36/38/40. Leaving the option of forma is fine for those who don't want to farm liches, but for those of us that are on our 15th lich and have had multiple weapons with no clear reward prior to being able to trade converted liches, it makes sense to be able to merge these weapons to help level them. I'm not even talking about polarities, that's an entirely different thing that may or may not be employed. That's my biggest grip to date on this update.

Besides that, the fact that 3 out of 4 players aren't really rewarded for helping another teammate with their lich (trust me some of these guys are awful to kill if you don't even know their weakness). A little bit of kuva on parazon FAIL? I still think giving a little bit of murmur progress to the team for helping someone makes others want to help. I've always helped my teammates because hey, I want your lich gone as fast as possible so mine can spawn, but not everyone is thinking like that. A lot of people just let their teammates do all the damage and they come in and do the mercy, rinse repeat. I don't think that's incredibly fair to anyone that's happened to. Even if it's just a little murmur progress, it'd seem more fair than getting nothing at all on successful parazon hits.

1 minute ago, V0LK said:

It does a lot of sense if I want to have fun and not being half AFK for the whole round because all enemies are being nuked every second.

I'm against any nerfs but power spam is a big disappointment for me.

but this is inherent to playing this game in pick up groups? Your experience is going to vary. If you want to only play a certain way you have to recruit for groups or play solo? Otherwise there will always be players who can kill faster (or slower), run through levels more quickly, buff you differently, keep you always fully healed, etc? 

4 minutes ago, Morthal said:

Play SOLO or join missions with friends where you can each pick a role. For more perspective, try and reach 8 waves of ESO without a nukeframe present.

Yeah. You not the first one to give this brain dead response. "Play solo. Play other game. Leave my power spam alone!" Brilliant.

vor 56 Minuten schrieb NihilistZealot:

I still find it odd after nearly 6 years of playing what is effectively a power fantasy that instead of brining other items in line with a particularly powerful or useful item to promote diversity with the available kit the choice is to smash whatever is effective with a hammer. 

3e3.jpg

20 minutes ago, Malevento said:

No fix for Dry Dock space yet. A floor with wide open space wont let me build. An room so big it's colliding with other floors. Please fix it, I've already re-built the dojo once I don't want to do it again.

Nevermind, I built 4 MORE extended hallways to push it out into orbit around the damn Dojo since my second floor is colliding with the first. So that's 5 forma + other mats and platinum so I don't have to wait 2 days to figure out if it will work, to build a single room. This was poorly thought out DE.

1 hour ago, MirageKnight said:

Grendel's parts being guaranteed rewards doesn't justify forcing us into missions where we are completely stripped of any and all bonuses.

Actually it does. If there'd be a normal RNG option like Gauss farming, that'd be useful for people who don't like this guaranteed loot option. Not everything needs to be behind RNG wall.

But I agree. For some people this is too hard or annoying and they'd prefer the usual RNG option. If we would be able to obtain Grendel two ways, it'd satisfy both variants of people.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Cubic Diodes and Carbide Resources not dropping 50% of the time. For further clarification, *abilities that increase loot drops do not apply to these Resource drop type: Cubic Diodes and Carbides have a 100% chance to roll the table for a 50% chance, can't boost that 100% any further!

Seems a lot don't understand this. Drop chance booster doesn't work (because drop chance is already at 100%), but Resource booster does work (doubles the amount of the 50% chance drops).

2 minutes ago, V0LK said:

Yeah. You not the first one to give this brain dead response. "Play solo. Play other game. Leave my power spam alone!" Brilliant.

Don't know what else to tell you, it's what I've been doing for years. Yesterday I was in a group with 2 other Saryns, what enemies can deal with that? I'm not going to suggest playing other games since that's not going to fix the issues with Warframe. 

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

Seems to be the better and better way to play the game these days. v_v

Yeah sadly, I was doing defense sortie last mission (xini Eris maptile) got a Trinity with MK1 weapons who constantly died, needed to focus on the target, enemies and teammates meanwhile too, that was annoying.

4 minutes ago, V0LK said:

It's not a brain dead response though. What you're complaining about is a fundamental part of playing online games with random people, and is especially the case in a game like warframe where there is a variety of different tools to do a lot of different things. There are warframes that CC, nuke, heal, buff, increase loot, debuff enemies, make weapons stronger, etc, etc, etc. If you want your experience to be the same every time, you're going to have to either play solo or recruit specific builds to play with.

3 minutes ago, Autumnatopoeia said:

but this is inherent to playing this game in pick up groups? Your experience is going to vary. If you want to only play a certain way you have to recruit for groups or play solo? Otherwise there will always be players who can kill faster (or slower), run through levels more quickly, buff you differently, keep you always fully healed, etc? 

I see no problem with someone being faster or having a better aim. That's skill. I have a problem with no skill required to be able to nuke the whole room every second of a match.

And going solo is not a viable advise. It's a dumb advise. That's how co-op games die.

Whatever. It's not the topic to discuss power spam and power spam will not go anywhere. So you won.

Just now, Autumnatopoeia said:

It's not a brain dead response though. What you're complaining about is a fundamental part of playing online games with random people, and is especially the case in a game like warframe where there is a variety of different tools to do a lot of different things. There are warframes that CC, nuke, heal, buff, increase loot, debuff enemies, make weapons stronger, etc, etc, etc. If you want your experience to be the same every time, you're going to have to either play solo or recruit specific builds to play with.

It brushes off the issue which is a poor co-op balance scheme in a co-op game, and no that isn't just the natural state of online games, games can be multiplayer and have enough balance for that multiplayer to function well for all parties, Warframe used to have a part of that even until about several years ago when they seemingly stopped caring about balance and leaned hard into power creep. It's purely a lack of maintaining balance issue, it also has nothing to do with having the same experience everytime, and if anything adding to more experiences to pick from. Having more opportunities for people to be allowed to engage and play with whatever tools they choose allows for more experiences than having a single player able to fully eclipse an entire groups experience on whim. 

11 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

Yeah sadly, I was doing defense sortie last mission (xini Eris maptile) got a Trinity with MK1 weapons who constantly died, needed to focus on the target, enemies and teammates meanwhile too, that was annoying.

I'd question how they got into sorties with what seems like no progression in the game, despite it being a requirement to get there. 

need more speed options for the archwing flight, having just 2, plus afterburner, isn't enough. the old way had 4. I want all those speeds back. I also want to be able to stop while in flight. You used to be able to do that. I use toggle run so it can make it hard to switch between the two modes.

there is a chance that change the 5 forms in the weapons kuva, sometimes I only need 2 forms for a build and the system this forces me to put 3 more and I end up over 24 points to waste, without measuring that 5 forms for a thousand points of mastery is a nonsense, in the long run, if you add more weapons to this system, is going to make a wall of forms to achieve mastery in them.

Archived