Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Pain Of Building Major Components

Novashank

It's bad enough it takes at least 3 days before you're even able to build a clan weapon after you spend materials to research it. It's bad enough you have to farm several different bosses just to get the sub-components to build one of them. It's bad enough you need as many as you do.

SO WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO WAIT 24 HOURS JUST TO BUILD EACH AND EVERY INDIVIDUAL FORMA, POTATO, MUTAGEN MASS, FIELDRON OR DETONITE AMPULE ON TOP OF ALL THAT?!?!?!

I think you all know how bad it hurts when you FINALLY are able to, for example, replicate an Embolist blueprint. You need 10 Mutagen Samples but you have absolutely none. Guess what?! You get to wait at least *10* days to even be able to begin building it, PROVIDED YOU ALREADY HAVE ALL THE MATERIALS TO BUILD ALL 10 MUTAGEN SAMPLES!!!

I'm not asking for an expedition for this entire system (which DEFINITELY isn't asking a lot, by the way). All I'm asking for is the ability to build all 20 of my Forma and what not--that I worked hard enough to farm materials for, mind you--simultaneously, rather than wait 24 hours to build each Forma.

So much anger.

Yeah stuff takes time, but wouldn't it be boring to just get everything you want instantly?

At least it's something to look forward to, and something to do for those foundry-gnomes.

No, what would be boring is to have to use the same weapons for at least 10 more days because that's what it takes to get all those Mutagen Masses (not that I want to build an Embolist, but hopefully you understand).

I don't know if you read the post thoroughly or understood exactly what I'm asking for, but why should I have to wait a day to build each individual major component such as a Forma if I already worked hard enough to get the materials to build all the Forma blueprints I have?

Edited by Novashank

Components are 12 hours each, Forma is 24. And yes, simultaneous building has been needed for a long time, and even more so now.

So much anger.

Yeah stuff takes time, but wouldn't it be boring to just get everything you want instantly?

At least it's something to look forward to, and something to do for those foundry-gnomes.

No, it wouldn't be boring, because then I could actually use what I want to use instead of wasting my time.

So much anger.

There's time and there's too much time. He didn't say "instantly" - I have to agree with him that those time restrictions are too burdensome. When I saw that I decided not to create a clan - I'm willing to wait for things, but not forever!

There's time and there's too much time. He didn't say "instantly" - I have to agree with him that those time restrictions are too burdensome. When I saw that I decided not to create a clan - I'm willing to wait for things, but not forever!

Thanks, I should have clarified that.

Yeah, for those who don't or might not understand, I'm not asking for instant builds but I do think that building all of one blueprint type in 24 hours simultaneously is reasonable.

It's a cash grab, plain and simple.

If they make it take time but offer a way to instantly complete it via platinum then the impatient will pay them.  They don't have a vested interest in keeping you playing like a time-based, subscription game would.

A time-based, sub game wants to keep you coming back which is why games like EVE and WoW use real time to train and craft.  If you're training or crafting, you want to get that finished.  If that goes over your sub time, you renew for another month to come back and obtain what you worked for already.  Since Warframe is F2P, they have to garner funding in other ways.  That means items on the Market and long crafting times that can be instantly completed for cash.  As being able to build components and/or items simultaneously would decrease the overall likelihood of customers paying to insta-complete, it is doubtful from a financial perspective, that it would ever happen without some other caveat.

Sorry to rain on your parade, man.  It is a good idea from a player perspective, you get the stuff you already took the time to farm up faster and get to feel the joy of melting faces with it sooner.  They would have to do it in such a way that they could still profit from it.  Like, say, you can purchase permanent additional manufacture slots to crank out duplicates of items for plat.  Want to be able to build 5 Formas at a time?  Cool, you can purchase 4 additional "Forma" slots for simultaneous crafting.  Want to be able to build 10 Mutagen Masses, no problem, you can purchase 9 additional "Mutagen" slots.  As new components are released, new additional slots could be as well.  It would be a win-win, you get your stuff sooner and they get some money.  I'm sure they have guys doing cost benefit analysis on this kind of stuff to determine its viability.  Only time will tell but it's definitely doable.

• 2 weeks later...

You need 10 Mutagen Samples but you have absolutely none. Guess what?! You get to wait at least *10* days to even be able to begin building it, PROVIDED YOU ALREADY HAVE ALL THE MATERIALS TO BUILD ALL 10 MUTAGEN SAMPLES!!!

You know, I started building Fiedrons as soon as we had finished research on that. So by the time we had finished research on the Supra, I had already enough Fieldrons to build half a dozen of it. There is no need to wait with producing this base stuff until you have the blueprint of the weapon you need it for. I sometimes even do it, just to burn some money and common ressources (although not that much any more, now we got consumables through research).

Yes, building more of the same stuff simultaneously might be a nice thing, but as Waikikamukau already said:

It's a cash grab, plain and simple.