Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash 4th skill need some love

Gehemnis_Schwar

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

+ Teleport through windows unfortunately you can`t that's why I suggested it. Teleporting is based on sight and memory so he should be able to do that.

He already can with absolutely no problem. Dont know if its bug or not though. I use it for spy and kuva rescue. You can teleport through windows to warden, saving quite a lot of time

On 2019-12-09 at 9:05 PM, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

+ Scale on melee combo? That's just one option, another option could be to have the combo counter like ember, atlas and Valkyr.

Well combo counter like Rhino, Atlast is welcome, but should not invole into melee counter, and since melee rework (melee counter do not effect normal attack dmg output) I don't know if this effect warframes like Atlas and Khora 1st skill or not.

+ Longer stun in smoke? You say it should stay that same but nothing happens to enemies when they are in the smoke at least with this, you can choose to stun a dangerous enemy for longer and gives you time to either kill it or escape.

I said it should stay the same bcos u alrd suggest the skill overall should get longer stun and I agreed with this. If the overall time alrd lengthen then no need to increase in smoke duration more.

+ Teleport through windows unfortunately you can`t that's why I suggested it. Teleporting is based on sight and memory so he should be able to do that.

Well, I could teleport through windows with GLASS or without it multiple times before (both to allies or enemies). Tho I didn't try it out recently let me check it and I will tell the result. Fastest way maybe Hydron since multiple windows there.

+ Instance activate? A radius is much better than a cone imo.

IF u make it instance activate, the enemies u BS on should be those in-sight. If this "Instance" make u kill target through wall like the old Ash then no.

Enemies that are red can be killed by players? It won`t stress the system when the ability starts they are not invulnerable like the old bs, while your killing allies can kill them also.

I think u don't get the idea of me here. It bcos "when the ability starts they are not invulnerable like the old bs" this will stress the system. Let me explain:
Original BS:
+ 1st mark target, and using energy during the process. If allies kill these enemies u mark, energy will refund.
+ 2nd activate skill, this will make all marked enemies CANNOT BE KILLED by allies, and by doing that => the final energy cost is fixed, no more caculation is make during the killing process.

Your Idea for BS:
+1st step is the same, no pb here.
+2nd activate skill, but ALLOW marked to be KILLED BY ALLIES. Now, while the skill goin on, since your allies can kill those target now, there is no final energy cost, and the refund is still continue WHEN BS IS ACTIVATING. The system will have to caculate how much energy u use, how much to refund all the time that BS is activated. Also what happen if YOU killing a target THAT IS ALSO BEING ATTACK BY ONE OF THE CLONE? So will it count Ash kill and cost energy? or your kill and then refund? And also remember this. Energy cost is PER MARK, not PER KILL. It is more complicate than you think it is dude.
Solutions?  Maybe no refund while BS activating? Not viable, since this gonna lead to wasting energy a lot. Unless u find a solution to solve the pb, I see it should stay the same.

I'd just like it if they would go back to make it cost a flat 100 energy and instead of this marking mechanic they have, have something similar to Garuda's 4th ability (as a one handed animation). As it stands I see Garuda's 4th ability as a easier to use, albeit weaker, version of Bladestorm.

Edited by Grave.Knight

12 hours ago, Gehemnis_Schwar said:

-snip-

My idea is the more you spam the ability, the more damages it does, the less energy it uses.

Ok so we get an understanding, I said to  Increase the cast stun duration to 4 sec, the smoke left behind will last for 10 seconds, enemies that enter the smoke will have a 6 sec stun but the duration is not affected by mods. Is that acceptable?

Teleporting is based on sight and memory so he should be able to teleport through windows after all it makes sense.

Like I said teleporting is based on sight and memory and it`s enemies within his radius so it make sense to kill enemies behind wall. The only way I`ll accept it being los is if enemies are invulnerable, just to correct ppl that don`t know enemies were not invulnerable, thay just had increased damage reduction however, ppl won`t want this so It`s either Ash is able to kill enemies behind walls with no limit and allies can kill them or it`s los but enemies are invulnerable to stop allies killing them off imo everyone wins with the 1st option.

Ok I don`t think I made this clear, There is no marking involved which means no energy refund it`s just a flat 100 energy but the penalty is if allies kill some of Ash`s targets, Ash won`t get refunds energy tbh it was like this with the old bs coz exalted melee weapons could were the only thing that could kill them. @Grave.Knight would this be acceptable?

Basically what I want is when you start casting Bladestorm (either as a hold to cast, or as a toggle, having the option to choose would be nice) it creates a targeting circle that's affected by Ability Range. When you release (or press the button again if it's a toggle) all the enemies in the circle and in range are immediately marked and attack by Bladestorm. While Bladestorm is still happening you can activate Teleport and join the assault (as with how Bladestorm currently works). Bladestorm will go through walls, and any enemies that are in front of the circle, behind obstacles, will be highlighted so you can cast it that way. If when you release Bladestorm and there are no enemies in the circle it just cancels the ability and costs 0 energy. Also, the act of casting is a one handed animation, which means you can reload, shoot, or even block with a melee while casting. The downside to this is it would only mark an enemy once per cast rather than three times like before, maybe as an alternative have the ability use the melee multiplier for damage scaling (not even sure why they removed the melee multiplier from Bladestorm in the first place).

As for Ash's other abilities. Smoke Bomb's base (at max level) duration should be 10 second invisibility and stun, and it's range should be 15 meters. And Teleport should always follow up with an attack when used on enemies (even enemies that are invulnerable to Finishers should at least take heavy melee damage, though that would mean Ash needs a new animation just for enemies that are invulnerable to finishers). Fatal Teleport could still increase the Finisher damage and give energy return.

Edited by Grave.Knight

13 hours ago, Grave.Knight said:

-snip-

Now I will say this, the idea of it shows a circle and enemies within it will be killed plus it not requiring los (which no one has mentioned) is not bad but like I said before with the concept of teleporting it makes sense if you look at an enemy, then activate the ability from that enemy, their will be a ring around it and enemies within its radius will be killed. As for teleporting to join bs, that's is gimmicky so the best thing to do is press to join the animation and hold to send clones out with the energy being base 100. bs like this would work for both groups (animation and clone) and you have a choice.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757