Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on recent changes

SaidTheRogue

Archwing;

1.much better. more or less solves the various movement problems that it had before, might make sense to put back in the coasting effect but make it end after ONE second, just to make things silky smooth. immediately stopping seems clunky and counterintuitive.

2.blink- what the hell. its acceptable, with a lower cd but either way, juggle the distance vs CD. of course, any yardstick you use to measure how much distance it should travel should take into account increments of distance that work well for eid usage. too short and its not enough, too long and its clunky and ppl are flying into trees and whatnot. my only real complaint is that it seems clunked up now that ohhhh, blink is on cd, ok now its off cd, ok now i have to let off the movment key for a very brief moment then hit the key to blink, then hold the key back down again to continue boosting forward. uh... what? as an aside.. its clear to you by now that these changes royally screw the eid hunter crowd. you'd have to be daft not to see this.

3. dodge/roll- should be usable at all times, nice to be able to zip to the side a bit, not just for avoid-bad-stuff purposes. perhaps a double tap of the key could let us roll, while boosting/whatever? roll could provide so much awesomeness in different ways.. potential there, to be sure. feels natural and makes sense to anyone.

Melee;

1. another case of Reb's revenge. you know what i mean. just for grins, leave it this way for a few months at least. oh how the tears will flow, eh?

2. heavy attack by accident? 234233 times in a row? could you just make it a goddamn toggle/option/something, so that almost all of us are not accidentally heavy swinging and burning all our combo? make the heavy attacks a separate keybind, you know you should. do it for great justice.

Mag;

Starting to fall behind the other caster frames, and now vauban does her job significantly better. make her 4 also (like in addition to) do some impact dmg? or just also add slight bit of armor strip to her 4 also? yes, i know what mag can do. in isolated circumstances..

29 minutes ago, SaidTheRogue said:

Mag;

Starting to fall behind the other caster frames, and now vauban does her job significantly better. make her 4 also (like in addition to) do some impact dmg? or just also add slight bit of armor strip to her 4 also? yes, i know what mag can do. in isolated circumstances..

hahahaha no. vauban cannot fully heal your shield in an instant or give you almost full overshield at the press of a button. he also deals less damage due to magnetize allowing mag to deal ridiculous damage.

if you want to strip armor and polarize is not enough for you, use fracturing crush.

mag is not falling behind any of the casters.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Like 3

42 минуты назад, SaidTheRogue сказал:

just also add slight bit of armor strip

* plays Mag, presses 3, strips all the armor in the room + disabling all dem weapons in said room as well *

44 минуты назад, SaidTheRogue сказал:

ok now i have to let off the movment key

Wait, what? Since when do you need to let the button go before blinking?

At this point I seriously doubt you are older than me.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SaidTheRogue said:

make the heavy attacks a separate keybind

It should be an option.
I enjoy it, but I also keep my game capped at 60fps.

I want it to stay, because I use it.
Holding down the melee attack feels like it should do that.

Not saying you should be stuck with it.
Likewise, hopefully you'd give the same consideration that I'd like it kept.
An option solves both of these.

sigh. yet more ppl telling me how to play mag. let me clarify..... enemies of a level well into the triple digits. yes you can spam 3 (or any other ability on any other frame) and REALLY SHOW DEM LV45 GRINEER WHO'S BOSS, YO

keep fightin' the good fight, my dudes.

moving along.. the thing about holding down the key to heavy attack is clumsy at best, many ppl have reported running afoul of this and the way its been implemented just doesnt work well. i think its elegant to hit a key and get X, and hold down the key and after a pause you get Y.. but i think the pause has to be high enough that youre not accidentally heavy attacking.. and that 'high enough' means its too long of a wait and therefore feels kludge-y.

the only nice way is to implement a toggle to remove the pause and give us a separate key, which has been fine for any number of other things thus far. with a simple toggle/option added, those that wanna retain the current key hold will, and the other 90 thousand of us that want another keybind could have it. yay?

1 hour ago, SaidTheRogue said:

sigh. yet more ppl telling me how to play mag. let me clarify..... enemies of a level well into the triple digits. yes you can spam 3 (or any other ability on any other frame) and REALLY SHOW DEM LV45 GRINEER WHO'S BOSS, YO

Seems fine to me.

HHR6zgq.jpg

No, her Armor strip doesn't scale well but she hardly needs it. That's what the right guns are for.

• Like 2

you guys are odd. your inability to stay on topic is a little strange, also.

lets focus on the steak and not the peas, shall we? this melee kludge is a step in the right direction but heavy attacks are a bit of a pothole, at the moment. in addition to the other stuff i mentioned in the OP. im glad it looks like there's someone here who likes mag, and that's great, but frames that really only do one thing, such as mag, are getting left behind a bit. simple as that.

moving on, i think the toggle/separate keybind for heavy attacks is perfectly reasonable and probly wouldn't take them that long to implement.

About the heavy attack being an accident, the other key is on the mouse wheel, i use melee often too, just because it is more comfy to kill enemies as saryn that way but seriously, i never managed to accidentally use heavy attacks.

DE should remove the Ripline for Itzal, alone the thought of DE adding RIPLINE into an Archwing in generally for using it in Open World map or in Space without having in mind, that theres nothing much to ripline to, well anyways, lets see how it goes in Empyrean.

On 2019-11-25 at 10:44 PM, SaidTheRogue said:

werther's originals

I agree with your feedback, but not because of your purported age.

There's a good reason powerleveling is frowned upon online - make your case and let it stand on its own. All that other stuff can always be brought up later if it's immediately germane to the point you're trying to make, and even then you should really do your best to be humble about it.

That being said...

On 2019-11-25 at 10:44 PM, SaidTheRogue said:

1. another case of Reb's revenge. you know what i mean. just for grins, leave it this way for a few months at least. oh how the tears will flow, eh?

... I know exactly what you mean 😂

It's no coincidence that Kuva Shildeg arrives at the same time, somehow magically possessing the right combination of weapon type and stats to be a powerhouse even after all the nerfs/changes. That one gives me a nice little thunk.

Ah, I see you too are a man of culture 😃

Yes, archwing rip line is another good example of them not taking a moment to think about stuff before dumping it into the game. 

But seriously. Separate keybind for quick and heavy makes sense and is a rare example of a relatively free thing that can perfectly address the issue while not detracting from anything else.