Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SWITCHING BETWEEN BUILDS MID-MISSION

Rhymontic

You enter a mission and you realize you have the wrong build on your weapon or warframe so what do you do, you abort right? What if you didn't have to, what if there was a gear wheel that allowed you to switch between your warframe and weapon builds!! That would be awesome, no more aborting your mission because you forgot to equip the right build for an eidolon hunt or whatever mission you are in. I don't know if DE is working on this or has thought about it, but it would be awesome if they consider it.

31 minutes ago, Rhymontic said:

you abort right?

nope, mainly due to the content being too easy, even at a sortie level, sometimes due to planing ahead (rare due to me being lazy.)

if you fail to do it for eidolon or PT and are doing do then with randoms thats your fault for doing it with randoms, if you are doing it with a pre made, its even more your fault since you should have had enough time to prep before everyone readied.

Edited by Clats01
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Clats01 said:

nope, mainly due to the content being too easy, even at a sortie level, sometimes due to planing ahead (rare due to me being lazy.)

if you fail to do it for eidolon or PT and are doing do then with randoms thats your fault for doing it with randoms, if you are doing it with a pre made, its even more your fault since you should have had enough time to prep before everyone readied.

Cause Warframe is a job, not a game, so that's the player... oops sorry worker's fault. If he makes a mistake, he should be punished, not given a utility to correct it

49 minutes ago, Tatann said:

Cause Warframe is a job, not a game, so that's the player... oops sorry worker's fault. If he makes a mistake, he should be punished, not given a utility to correct it

there is utility then there is exploitation, this idea comes more under the latter and yes, if a player does not have the foresight to think ahead they deserve to be punished games should not make up for nor should they hold the hands of people who can not plan ahead because guess what, in the real world not planning ahead can actually result in someones death and there's no respawn button, this will teach people real world skills that they can use

37 minutes ago, Clats01 said:

there is utility then there is exploitation, this idea comes more under the latter and yes, if a player does not have the foresight to think ahead they deserve to be punished games should not make up for nor should they hold the hands of people who can not plan ahead because guess what, in the real world not planning ahead can actually result in someones death and there's no respawn button, this will teach people real world skills that they can use

So again, a game is real life / job for you

I'd suggest playing Dark Souls then, not an easy game like Warframe ;-)

4 hours ago, Clats01 said:

there is exploitation

This is exactly how it will be used. 

It won't be "oops, I forgot to switch 😚".

It'll be "I want to use Saryn to wipe out all enemies on the map, then Limbo to defend the Mobile Defense console."

This is not that mess of a game FFXI, so you need to plan accordingly and come prepared or deal with the minor inconvenience of using the wrong loadout.

2 hours ago, Clats01 said:

if you think warframe is too hard i suggest you find a more casual game to play then,

Where did I say it was too hard ? I said it was easy. Instead of giving life lessons, maybe some reading lessons...

Edited by Tatann

7 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

This is exactly how it will be used. 

It won't be "oops, I forgot to switch 😚".

It'll be "I want to use Saryn to wipe out all enemies on the map, then Limbo to defend the Mobile Defense console."

This is not that mess of a game FFXI, so you need to plan accordingly and come prepared or deal with the minor inconvenience of using the wrong loadout.

OP talked about switching builds (A, B, C) of weapons and warframes, not switching weapons/warframes

Well I guess you're just here to ruin feedback/suggestion, no point to continue

5 hours ago, Tatann said:

OP talked about switching builds (A, B, C) of weapons and warframes, not switching weapons/warframes

Well I guess you're just here to ruin feedback/suggestion, no point to continue

You'd still be able to abuse it to hell and back with frames like Rhino. Like, literally the only way it doesn't get massively abused, is if you can only do it in the first few seconds of a mission, and only once. At which point, it's simply not worth development time to save someone from deciding to play with the wrong loadout or abort.

It’s been a few years, but I wanted a quick option to switch between mod configurations on Warframes mid mission akin to Mass Effect: Andromeda’s power presets. That way you could deal with different threats the way you wanted at the moment going from a high power strength build to high range build, etc... Then again, there’s not much depth to the mod system and I have always wished there was more mid mission flexibility in regards to builds. I think a simple solution of preset cycling would go a long way to making combat more interactive. Here’s to waiting another 7 years. 

2 hours ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

You'd still be able to abuse it to hell and back with frames like Rhino. Like, literally the only way it doesn't get massively abused, is if you can only do it in the first few seconds of a mission, and only once. At which point, it's simply not worth development time to save someone from deciding to play with the wrong loadout or abort.

If it can be abused, then put a timer on it, like /unstuck