Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions on control improvement

ntyd1s

● "Use manual blocking in quick melee" as an option: use 'aim weapon' key for melee block instead of swapping to gun but still be able to swap and fire instantly with 'fire weapon' key.

There are situations in which I want to keep melee weapon in hand and glide or hold certain melee combos. Going melee mode has delay swapping back to gun and require unnecessary extra button press.

● Allow heavy-melee attacking instantly without equipping melee weapon first when the action is bound to an exclusive key (not sharing the same key as alt-fire).

● Unify swap weapon key function when swapping back from other tools, to always equip primary. Current states go like this:

tool equipped >> tool key >> primary equipped

tool equipped >> swap weapon key >> seconadary equipped

quick melee >> swap weapon key >> last equipped weapon get switched

melee mode >> swap weapon key >> primary equipped as host or sometimes secondary equipped as client

It has been quite an inconsistent mess and bothersome to remember so we might as well always swap back to primary first and so we could just doubletap swap to equip secondary.

● Transfering back into Warframe should always keep the same facing direction as when we left. I think currently the facing takes input during operator mode into account so we almost always end up having to reorient everytime because Warframe is facing wrong direction and also different from which it appeared to be when unmanned.

● Remove "Context action includes reload" option, add extra key binding instead: separate "Activate" and "Activate/Reload". I only want both functions when using gamepad due to limited buttons.

● Remove melee 'Wall attack' which has been in the game for a very long time through many iterations yet never had any practical use. It does become obstructive now when I tried to use gliding aerial melee in tight space, Warframe goes into the impractical wall-latch attack motion instead.

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

er, i'd prefer if you always went back to the last Weapon used?

That would work too but may have more confusing inverted effect swapping from melee.

...and it would require memorizing which one is the 'last weapon', something my lizard brain is not always capable of ~ ~;

Edited by ntyd1s

28 minutes ago, ntyd1s said:

...and it would require memorizing which one is the 'last weapon', something my lizard brain is not always capable of ~ ~;

but it's the Weapon you were just using! :P

if you take out your Scanner or a Fishing Spear or Et Cetera, when you put it away you probably want to go back to the Weapon that you were using previously, i would think.

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

but it's the Weapon you were just using! 😛

if you take out your Scanner or a Fishing Spear or Et Cetera, when you put it away you probably want to go back to the Weapon that you were using previously, i would think.

I'd totally forget. 🤤