Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expectations for public matchmaking

(PSN)sweatshawp

5 minutes ago, .Unreality said:

It's not about having 1 method, it's about having better methods.

My Valkyr Talons modded Corrosive and Bane of Grineer downs a Lich in 2 slide attacks, 1 for non level 5 Liches. My random Kuva weapons that I'm leveling can kill level 100+ Grineer with barely any difference to a level 50. It's not about killing them when they're weakest, it's about killing them quickly. The whole point is this is quicker and thus this is more efficient.

But the best method depends on the player. Circling back to there isn't one most efficient way to do anything in warframe. And that's great! That works for you and is great for you. My daikyu can kill 200+ enemies in survivals and with how I play that's one of my most efficient ways of killing enemies in endurance  runs (and my Most fun imo) quicker dosent always mean most efficient for everyone which again circles back to my point. Efficiency is dependent on players. I don't feel like rushing through every lich as well as I do other things In and outside of warframe. I don't see them as just a farm for weapons neither or emphera I don't mind and I find a benefit from taking my time killing said lich and avoiding it's level being raised because of it being less of a hassle. I can just go invis with ash and spam my riven nodded venka destreza fragor etc and kill any lich but I find it more efficient based on how I play to keep my lich at a low level as possible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

But the best method depends on the player. Circling back to there isn't one most efficient way to do anything in warframe. And that's great! That works for you and is great for you. My daikyu can kill 200+ enemies in survivals and with how I play that's one of my most efficient ways of killing enemies in endurance  runs (and my Most fun imo) quicker dosent always mean most efficient for everyone which again circles back to my point. Efficiency is dependent on players. I don't feel like rushing through every lich as well as I do other things In and outside of warframe. I don't see them as just a farm for weapons neither or emphera I don't mind and I find a benefit from taking my time killing said lich and avoiding it's level being raised because of it being less of a hassle. I can just go invis with ash and spam my riven nodded venka destreza fragor etc and kill any lich but I find it more efficient based on how I play to keep my lich at a low level as possible.

The whole point is to do them quickly. That is literally what is being argued, the fastest method of killing the Lich. Time to kill is the measure of how efficient it is.

Keepin the Lich at a low level will make it take longer to kill on average, that is simply the less efficient method of doing it. Whether you can or want to do it with the more efficient method does not change the fact that it is faster.

You continue to talk about preference.

People really should expect everything/nothing in a pub game. Random people. Random playstyles. As long as it is to achieve objective , i am happy. I dont expect to be hassled to speedrush. I dont expect to be told to " hey lets camp here" or "hurry up". I personally TRY to revive someone. I DO try to not wander around exploring too much. I DO try to help out my team even if i am not a great team player .

If people want to expect X Y or Z they are better off working in a clan or so called pre made groups. Like many, i am in a clan but not really active participant 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, .Unreality said:

The whole point is to do them quickly. That is literally what is being argued, the fastest method of killing the Lich. Time to kill is the measure of how efficient it is.

Keepin the Lich at a low level will make it take longer to kill on average, that is simply the less efficient method of doing it. Whether you can or want to do it with the more efficient method does not change the fact that it is faster.

You continue to talk about preference.

Because prefrance and efficient go hand in hand in a pve game especially in warframe case. Faster dosent mean most efficient in this realm of play. Because the players goals and how to get them may vary your best way of doing things may not be optimal for me.  It's not always about the fastest it's about the best way for you in this game which is why efficiency ties directly into  player prefrance. There is no incentive or real reason that requires you to brute force your lich. There isn't any perks to just brute forcing your lich other than you get it done faster

8 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Because prefrance and efficient go hand in hand in a pve game especially in warframe case. Faster dosent mean most efficient in this realm of play. Because the players goals and how to get them may vary your best way of doing things may not be optimal for me.  It's not always about the fastest it's about the best way for you in this game which is why efficiency ties directly into  player prefrance. There is no incentive or real reason that requires you to brute force your lich. There isn't any perks to just brute forcing your lich other than you get it done faster

Efficiency is an objective measure of what is better, in this case time to kill.

Preference is a subjective measure of what a player wants.

You are being subjective, I am being objective.

7 minutes ago, .Unreality said:

Efficiency is an objective measure of what is better, in this case time to kill.

Objectively ttk depends on on the player and what they are using. If we're going to go this route and only use numbers you'd still have to take into account the most effective strategy for each warfrane. Efficiency Isn't necessarily tied directly into speed within the relams of pve games. Regardless the matter at hand you can't and shouldn't expect a random player to play efficiently even by your standard because they aren't you nor have to or want to play like you. Even if we're looking at this objectively in the matter of what you said expecting every player.to play just like that it again asinine.

16 minutes ago, .Unreality said:

Not everyone has the need for efficiency.

Some only play 2-3 missions per day and are happy with that.

The value of efficiency is SUBJECTIVE to the person based upon how much they want to clear something quickly.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Objectively ttk depends on on the player and what they are using. If we're going to go this route and only use numbers you'd still have to take into account the most effective strategy for each warfrane. Efficiency Isn't necessarily tied directly into speed within the relams of pve games. Regardless the matter at hand you can't and shouldn't expect a random player to play efficiently even by your standard because they aren't you nor have to or want to play like you. Even if we're looking at this objectively in the matter of what you said expecting every player.to play just like that it again asinine.

This is a looter shooter so you shouldn't expect your random teammates to allow you to leave your Lich alone

11 hours ago, Softballbryan said:

It’s about playing with others...

don’t be too late to get to elevators

do help with the missions in open worlds

do communicate in chat about your desires in the mission 

do help revive players

have fun watching what others are doing around you while in mission and join in on the fun

be serious if those around you are as well

play solo if you get chapped by being a cooperative public player. Easy in my mind. I go into each pub with an open mind while still working actively toward the goal set for the mission. 

Something that needs to be added to that checklist.

Don't nuke spam the map every chance you get. Some people want to actually play the game, not have it played for them.

14 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Oberon bc he's ugly

as an Oberon main I expect other Oberons to not use the prime helmet and preferably not use the prime skin (i only use the stock one)

14 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Why do people expect a player to play how they want or the "optimal" of "efficient" way in public matchmaking

it is less about being efficient and more about not being a burden I honestly ddont care if you bring meme guns to hydron as long as you are not dying or taking max range limbo builds, slova, max range duration rhino stomp, unmoded frames and weapons... honestly I wish people would take "fun" or sub optimal kit instead of the nuke frames and/or the cheesiest weapons available similarly I expect players not to just stand their even with a saryn in ESO. 

as far as the general expectation we expect you to be able to complete the content you are signed up for whether that is a T5 lich or a earth exterminate.  mostly because that is the minimum required to be polite.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

It's public matchmaking as well.ypu shouldn't expect anything from your  team

You should expect and give some amount of courtesy. Your teammates expect you to put in the datamass instead of holding it hostage. Your teammates expect you to at least try to complete spy vaults or rescues instead of intentionally failing them. Your teammates expect you to deal with your Lich instead of denying the potential spawn of their own. If you can't give this little bit of courtesy, your just an A******.

4 minutes ago, .Unreality said:

You should expect and give some amount of courtesy. Your teammates expect you to put in the datamass instead of holding it hostage. Your teammates expect you to at least try to complete spy vaults or rescues instead of intentionally failing them. Your teammates expect you to deal with your Lich instead of denying the potential spawn of their own. If you can't give this little bit of courtesy, your just an A******.

I mostly play randoms since I've started warframe years ago and I can count on one finger how many encounters I have had with someone like you in game. You're a weirdo expecting someone to play how you want and people ingame tend to agree. The forums is the case where yall go to and complain about this but in reality you're the minority in this case. Sucks for me not to care about you calling me a.clemhole is that going to make me be kind to you? Nah

9 minutes ago, .Unreality said:

That is called commonsense relative to average person playing the game. But then you cant account for stupidity...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

That is called commonsense relative to average person playing the game. But then you cant account for stupidity...

Thats the thing you can't control or assume everyone has the same thought process as you expecting that leads to even more disappointment. You care that someone who you don't know isnt being doing you courteious in a game....... Lmao

25 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I mostly play randoms since I've started warframe years ago and I can count on one finger how many encounters I have had with someone like you in game. You're a weirdo expecting someone to play how you want and people ingame tend to agree. The forums is the case where yall go to and complain about this but in reality you're the minority in this case. Sucks for me not to care about you calling me a.clemhole is that going to make me be kind to you? Nah

So are you telling me you're going to join some random spy mission and intentionally fail the spy vault to deny the other person their rewards?

15 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Honestly I'm not even complaining brother. I genuinely want to know why people think like this 

Edit hold up just to make it meta I equipped my gram prime with its range cc and combo duration riven! Erm Is it meta now?

Edits on edits bby: all jokes aside I want to try to understand this way of thinking and try to get someone to understand why someone would feel like their way of thinking isn't the best and vice versa 

In publics, ones expectations must be low. I see people waiting in ESO to see a nuke because they don't want to do any work. If they don't see one they just leave aka Host migration. Lol These people should have a cool down of 24hours to leave for this purpose. If not go solo into missions, or recruit chat for team set ups.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, .Unreality said:

So are you telling me you're going to join some random spy mission and intentionally fail the spy vault to deny the other person their rewards?

Nah but you're taking an example of griefin and tryn to correlate with someone playing how they want. For example  if I bring my ash into. Eso you might see it as "griefing or trolling" because it's not the efficient nuke frame like volt Saryn or equinox. But I'm playing how I want to. I don't know you and you don't know me. Expecting I cate or any random does about you or your want in a game with so much variety  makes no sense 

22 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Nah but you're taking an example of griefin and tryn to correlate with someone playing how they want. For example  if I bring my ash into. Eso you might see it as "griefing or trolling" because it's not the efficient nuke frame like volt Saryn or equinox. But I'm playing how I want to. I don't know you and you don't know me. Expecting I cate or any random does about you or your want in a game with so much variety  makes no sense 

If you take an Ash into ESO you're not inhibiting the ability for others to farm, you are if you deny them the ability to potentially spawn there own. Either way, it's been changed so that people have an option to deal with it.

Immediately forcing a Lich away and denying the converted Thralls is also inhibiting the ability to farm but it's an unspoken courtesy at this point. Either way, the system was implemented poorly to begin with so just go solo if you don't like it.

15 minutes ago, .Unreality said:

If you take an Ash into ESO you're not inhibiting the ability for others to farm, you are if you deny them the ability to potentially spawn there own. Either way, it's been changed so that people have an option to deal with it.

Immediately forcing a Lich away and denying the converted Thralls is also inhibiting the ability to farm but it's an unspoken courtesy at this point. Either way, the system was implemented poorly to begin with so just go solo if you don't like it.

You could go solo to farm as well. Telling a player what or how to play is the major issue here. And we can both agree the system is at fault here. And technically through your definition I am. If I can't keep up with the kps I'm not being efficient by your standards 

4 hours ago, .Unreality said:

This is a looter shooter so you shouldn't expect your random teammates to allow you to leave your Lich alone

It doesn't matter anymore. Just down the damn thing 3 times and it disappears. If you're saying you don't have time for that then you shouldn't be in public groups.

21 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

- waypoint Cephalon/Somachord/Frame Fighter fragments if you see them, others might need them. if they choose to ignore it, that's on them.

I would debate this point.  I personally find it a real pain in the ass when needless WPs are cluttering my UI.  Some say just ignore it but I'm in a situation where it's not possible for me to do so.  If people care about getting these things then they'll have some form of loot radar equipped on their companion.  Alternatively DE could implement a way to clear all active WPs from a players screen.