Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-First Person View And Screen Shake On/off-

Quilion

So...

Personally I would love to play Warframe in first person. Even if it is nothing but crosshair on the entire screen, I'm fine with that. Making first person gun models would be too much work anyway.

Also the screen shake, for the love of god, please, give us an option to switch it off and on.

(removing it from the game entirely would be ideal, but hey ;-)

Seriously, it is impossible to aim when doing high level Grineer missions, plus if Ogris and Thunderbolt users are there,its just, no...

I don't see the point of so much screen shake. Is it to provide a challenge? Because the challenge is already there with all those Heavy's around at 15 min. Survival, its hell. Is it to simulate an earthquake?

Anyway, I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

I played Kingdom Hearts in first person once.

Didn't feel right.

Now onto the topic on hand,

I'm not going to throw the "This is a TPS" card out there, but I will say I feel there is simply no need to play in first person, much less a TACKED ON first person. I guess they could implement it as an option if you turn the FoV slider all the way up (or down, w/e), but again, I don't see any purpose besides getting a laugh for a few minutes.

I do agree with the screen shake however. It should NEVER be ANYWHERE near as bad as it is right now. Screen shake should hardly be noticeable. It's disorienting, honestly.

But I am just one person, I can't (and wont) speak for everyone, so maybe I'm just a complainer.

How would wallrunning work in first person?

I forgot how it worked in that game since it's been a while, but how about Mirror's Edge?

But yeah, I'd like that only to look around. Seems like it will be a bit weird to actually play/shoot/attack in 1st person.

Edited by Casardis

In the game Defiance, which is a 3rd person shooter you can mod your weapons. Weapons have a barrel, stock, and ammo mod slot. Maybe another one, i cant remember. Anyway, you can mod all your weapons to have a mini scope if you like. It means you get a slightly better zoom and first person view when you aim as well as the mods adjust stats like accuracy and what not. Maybe DE could incorporate something similar into the mod system.

Or just have a "fps aiming" checkbox in the options that people have been asking for since the beginning.

In the game Defiance, which is a 3rd person shooter you can mod your weapons. Weapons have a barrel, stock, and ammo mod slot. Maybe another one, i cant remember. Anyway, you can mod all your weapons to have a mini scope if you like. It means you get a slightly better zoom and first person view when you aim as well as the mods adjust stats like accuracy and what not. Maybe DE could incorporate something similar into the mod system.

Or just have a "fps aiming" checkbox in the options that people have been asking for since the beginning.

I like both ideas.

So...

Personally I would love to play Warframe in first person. Even if it is nothing but crosshair on the entire screen, I'm fine with that. Making first person gun models would be too much work anyway.

it wouldn't work, the game functions as 3rd person and would have to be completely redone.

it could work, he'd just have to have his screen completely zoomed into his character.  as for people saying that you couldn't wall run, mirrors edge and the soon to be released titan fall can prove that you can wall run in fps games.  it may not work as well for warframe, but the idea is still the same.

I wouldn't want it as a mode, but others could have it.

I'm really impressed by this game in terms of graphics, design, various new concepts and ideas, but trying to play it as a shooter is dissapointing. While the zoom/aim key is fairly usable, outside of it one cannot properly move close to the walls and aim without the head completely blocking the view. Trying to hide behind an object and shoot enemies is akward at best, when you have to constantly switch (via hotkey no less) from one shoulder viewpont to other and back again, depending from which side of the obstacle you're trying to sight the enemy.

At the very least there should be an option to render your avatar invisible or transparent, as it's blocking too much of the viewing field as it is.

Maybe I completely missed what the playing style of this game is (melee?), but for me personally, the lack of first person viewpoint is, by far, the biggest omission in this game and I will not be playing it unless this changes.

I would actually like first person even if it was just the camera being zoomed in so that I couldn't see my character. I'd at least like to see how it would be. Hell, all the artists who make melee weapon models could just make first person weapon models, and then we wouldn't have to level so many useless daggers all the time. After that, we could add more PvP and change the name of the game to Call of Duty in Space.

Just kidding, I actually do want to see what FP would look like. Wall running, tumbling, and backflipping would be a little odd feeling, sure, but not really if you knew what you were doing and know how to wall run in third person. For a new player, yeah it would probably feel even more wonky than it already does, but if they let you zoom your FOV in so much that you had no character on your screen anymore, I think that would make a few people happy.

And yeah Steve said they would like to separate screen shake and recoil, and let people turn off screen shake, just make a thread about how you get motion sickness or seizures or something and I'm sure they'll feel bad for you and get right on it. Other than that, I'm pretty sure it's on the backburner for them.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Well if first person is your thing with no weapon on the hid try a sniper, and then use the zoom function play it like that for awhile lol...

I'm happy this makes you laugh out loud, but that's exactly what I did when I was still playing. Using the zoom function and trying for a headshot. So that just proves that even a "backward" FP PoV has it's use in the game.

Of course when you use the zoom function, your movement speed is that of an average snail and you're basically a sitting duck.

Most MMOs cannot be played from FP PoV, yet they still allow you to zoom in your camera into it, if you really want to. Then there are FP shooters that allow you to zoom out of FP to TP PoV. Why is Warframe such a primadonna about this issue?

I don't mean for Warframe to turn into an FPS. I want options. If I'm wall running I can use TP PoV. If I'm shooting enemies while leaning on a wall, I should be able to see them and move about at normal speed. I'd like for someone to give me a concrete, argumented reason why Warframe is limited to TP PoV (lolz don't qualify as arguments).