Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 19 test

(PSN)ErydisTheLucario

Question

Okay, I've just about had it with this test, I might just suck, but not matter how much practice I do, I'm always spotted by some BS grineer. Why is it that during missions, they're next to braindead, but during this test they have eagle eye precision? I know theres a way to cheese it with gunblades, but im not doing that. Is there any advice anybody can give me to make this easier, because looking up vids for help dont actually help either, everyone wants to cheese it.

Edit: Yeah, this has been solved for a long time. I'm mr25 now. Thanks for the help guys, but no reason to comment on an old thread.

Edited by (PSN)ErydisTheLucario
Clarification
  • Like 3

This test was a pain for me also. I couldn't even cheese it with gunblade and Banshee. So I took Skiajati (it gives you 5 seconds invisibly on finisher attacks), some movement speed mods, all enemy sense mods  and practiced for several days, failed multiple times until I learned the timings and paths of all the guards 😊
It's all about quick movement, hiding behind columns and knowing where your enemy is. And patience :lotus:

Also this might help (it helped me):

The test got harder since they did an update on enemy detection. It's why test 9 also has gotten harder as well. It was around same time I had trouble with finishers because they saw me. Test 19 is same one I haven't yet fully tried or wanted to try, even though I built enough experience to move to mastery rank 21.

• Like 2

Finished this test with Titania or Zephyr and Skiajati. My choice of warframe was based on their mobility to jump further and higher with low gravity. It took about a hour or so to remember all timings and their positions. If I remember correctly, there are about 14 or 15 Grineers total.

I too spent ages doing this test and nearly gave up in frustration. My chosen combination was Ivara (for speed and enemy sense) and Skiajati (for the 5 second invisibility on finishers). I found that in practice I could do it semi regularly but I kept failing the actual test. Speed/sprint boost mods definitely help for this one as does accuracy with performing stealth finishers. In the end it took me over a week, a lot of cursing and a bit of luck.

I don't have a video, but the path I took was something like this...

Activate sprint, slide down and stealth finish the enemy right in front of you. Head to the left and take out the two enemies on the lower platform there, being careful that they don't see the other being taken down. Up the ramp to deal with the enemy there, watch for the one doing the rounds overhead and jump up when his back is turned. Quickly across to the one directly in front of the prisoner, making sure the one walking around behind can't see what is happening. Pick of the remaining two up the top. Carefully make you way back down the right hand side of the map, making sure to be careful of which direction enemies are facing and drop down behind them. The last enemy I think was the one that goes up and down the very bottom ramp and it took me a few minutes to work out his patrol path. Once all enemies are down go and locate the orbs and free the prisoner.

Yes it is frustrating, but it is possible. And for the records, the MR tests beyond this are by comparison really simple.

8 hours ago, AngelWednesday said:

Use your arch gun to take out the guards in the right pattern so they don't see the bodies and then just slash the orbs in your own time.

I'd love to think that this would work but I'm pretty sure this is a melee only test and all your gear and skills are locked out. That said, I'm going to have to go and try this the next time I log on.

• Like 1

I like the Halikar for this if you are going to sneak through the whole thing.  It has a thrown attack with a fair amount of range on it.  Also of note is the fact that Wisp is invisible when airborne.  If you have her just jump when things get hectic.

• Like 1

I used Glaive Prime to do this test. I could explode some guys on the 2nd floor from the from the first floor making it considerably easier to infiltrate the second floor.

Now that enemies have a wider field of view and a longer range of vision, I am sure my method with Glaive Prime would not work anymore. Enemies can spot you on the first floor from the second floor now.

I just redid test19 and 9 recently and my answers to posts regarding to these tests are always:

Gunblade/Glaives until they fix the detection range seeing you from 100m away with wide angle heat scan detection.

Gunblade has infinite range with charged shot, but said shot is very precisely effective only through the dot of where you are aiming.

Please also note that any video prior to mid 2019 is outdated.

Doing MR9 and 19 tests with melee is still possible but requires strict pattern learning and the error forgiveness is very low.

Edited by SHArK-FiN
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AngelWednesday said:

It's how I did it. (Evil Laugh)

I've just tried this because I said I would and... OMG how did I not know about this before!!!!  My first attempt was a failure but I used Banshee on my second go, deployed the Archgun (fully ranked and potatoed Imperator) and just crouched on the starting platform and picked them all off one by one.

I don't know how many forum posts I've read on this test and not one suggested this. This would have saved me a week of frustration had I known about it earlier. You have just made my day!

1 hour ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

I've just tried this because I said I would and... OMG how did I not know about this before!!!!  My first attempt was a failure but I used Banshee on my second go, deployed the Archgun (fully ranked and potatoed Imperator) and just crouched on the starting platform and picked them all off one by one.

I don't know how many forum posts I've read on this test and not one suggested this. This would have saved me a week of frustration had I known about it earlier. You have just made my day!

OH lmao I didn't know that neither. Good to know now so I could spread this info to people who struggle in the future.

However DE would most probably prohibit archgun if too much people cheesed with it.

put aside MR19, I am sure not many MR9 have atmosphere archgun

8 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

put aside MR19, I am sure not many MR9 have atmosphere archgun

I'd agree. I don't think I got atmosphere archgun until I was about MR13-15. In spite of all the posts complaining about it, MR9 is still doable with stealth play, you just need to be very patient and watch the patrol patterns before diving in. Having enemy sense and speed boosts helps immensely.

Is there an atmosphere gun that destroys corpses? I don't know exactly what's going on, but I was killing enemies with Banshee and redeemer, cleared all the foes near my platform, then out of the blue it just says I'm detected and I fail and the only dude on my radar is like 75m away

• Like 1

Just use the movement system and it's fun, no special equipment required, I nerfed myself to put myself in a new players shoes. Just get well and truly used to the movement of the game and use enemy radar to spot them early and see which way they're facing(direction of red triangles), observe.

• Like 1

Cheese this cheese that, am i the only one who actually went tenchu style to finish that one?? With the finisher animations and everything. Just good old memorize patrol routes & timing. Took me no more than like 3 practices runs. it's nowhere remotely near as hard as some stealth games out there.

If mgs players see how much we struggled with this, they're going to have some really good laugh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Cheese this cheese that, am i the only one who actually went tenchu style to finish that one?? With the finisher animations and everything. Just good old memorize patrol routes & timing. Took me no more than like 3 practices runs. it's nowhere remotely near as hard as some stealth games out there.

If mgs players see how much we struggled with this, they're going to have some really good laugh.

No finishers but I definitely didn't cheese it. Cheesing tests is no fun

• Like 1

Agreed. All these old cheeses methods. Archgun? seriously? I mean I guess I can understand if you don't have the patience but the enemies are bots. They all travel their own set paths and move at one speed. It's not really that hard, just harder than previous (and upcoming) MR tests.