[DE]Megan

Rising Tide: Hotfix 26.1.3

New wear & tear feature works great, unless you want to go back to the way it was before. Slider all the way left seems to have this feature set at "minimum" and not "off". I tried this feature to see how it worked, but I really want to go back to my shiny floors. Thx

Edited by Maj-Cero
Auto correct
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, _fayth said:

People who like the current change have no reason to message about it... ofc you will only seen i' dislike this change' posts on the update logs

It would be nice if we could get either a 'valence transfer' or the ability to change parts on ZAWS to 'fix' old ones that have been made...somewhat unviable after the melee 3.0 changes

I disagree with you.

There are plenty of things people message saying thanks for the change / about time etc for.

Those people will also usually respond to negative comments with their own input on why the changes are good, so your argument that they have no reason to say anything is not necessarily correct.

9 hours ago, Erudice said:

Still no fix about loadout slots gone permanently if you deleted it? Really? I lost some plats because of it 😫

Oh so that's what happened! I thought it was odd that I had fewer free loadout slots... Well, damn.

I really do hope we get those back. 😞

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smacky007 said:

I disagree with you.

There are plenty of things people message saying thanks for the change / about time etc for.

Those people will also usually respond to negative comments with their own input on why the changes are good, so your argument that they have no reason to say anything is not necessarily correct.

Well. When I posted a "yay, thanks for the change" on something a few updates ago, I got so much hate from unhappy people that I am seriously put off from doing that again.

(I actually prefer the current Archwing, by the way. Speaking as a person with both poor coordination and a tendency towards motion sickness, I was always hoping for this. However! I can understand that to some others this change will be aggravating. Ideal would be a toggle in the options. <3)

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Added a new slider for Orbiter ‘Wear & Tear ’in the Equipment > Orbiter > Orbiter Appearance menu! This new ‘Wear & Tear’ section allows you to choose how much internal amount of nicks and scratches you want the Arsenal section of your Orbiter to reflect AND what color those markings are.

• Eventually these markings will apply to sections of the Orbiter outside of the Arsenal area once they have been given their updated looks!

I wish that more work would be made to match the interior of orbiters which match up with the liset but not the others orbiter, beside... is there some plan of doing something with the orditers eventually? since we got archwings and railjack... what is the purpose of orbiter?

we could pretty much just deploy and extract in archwing... and travek in railjack imo the orditer is pretty much obsolete in the near futur.

I understand it's original purpose but it's, since the archwing enabling in PoE, become kinda irrelevant more and more, beside...

AM I the only one to notice that the scaling of the interior of orbiter doesn'T match at all the orbiter exterior when we land on relay or extract from missions?!

I really wish that those scenes will eventually get cutted out and replaced with archwing scene instead.

Thx for the hotfix, but could you make some mods/mod for blink cooldown, that nerf didnt stop our 6x3 runs, so I guess you can just add some qol changes 🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sylonus said:

If you set them to the same color as your primary color they vanish.

Edit: Not completely but they're hard to notice.

For me, black on black and it's still real easy to see.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Cuchovsky said:

So. Archwing.
Movement is... I have mixed feelings. I like that i no longer need to press 3 buttons (forward+shift+space) to go really fast, And almost instant stop is kind of a god send, even if it feels a bit too much, maybe give a small bit of momentum to it (at least for air-wing, space-wing is good without it because no gravity and stuff).

You're not the only one...  I can understand that thought of there being no inertia in air-wing, as we have gravity and resistance which makes sense of this sudden deceleration.  But in space?  That's Star Trek and Star Wars Physics which makes no bloody sense.  However, let me point out that this constant speed (e.g. No Afterburners) was introduced back at the time that Fortuna dropped and they said back then it's a bug and DE had to reverse it.  

At the time of my testing this morning it does appear to be a bug as I'm seeing no change in speeds with and without a maxed Hyperion Thrusters in the build.  The Archwing seems to be going the same speed.  

Another thing that is getting my teeth on edge is two things. 

The first is that I can press ascend and descend and it's not feeling as though it's moving as though it is pointing in that direction, instead seems to be at a constant point forward while ascending and descending and this goes against even basic movement physics.  What we used to describe the bug in Star Trek Online as flying on rails.  

The second?  It's the fact that DE is trying to make this just another over-the-shoulder look as we do on the ground.  

RYW9UX7.jpg

While this might make sense as one is running from point to point on the ground -- this doesn't allow for the well established gaming interface of being behind and above the head any kind of flight shooter has going.   It raises the question, "are we having a pointy haired moment and wanting everything uniform, in spite of the fact that not everything should be?"  

Even the beginning movement of Archwing (prior to the "improvements" suggested from flight-sim players which gave this game mode vertigo) was better than this... 

On a completely different note...  User-set waypoints need to be investigated on the big-maps.  Case in point:  

pD3DQvE.jpg

I was trying to place the waypoint on the mountain and it took about 5 attempts to finally get it there.  Most times it was ending up near randomly choosing points near to that cave marker.  And then when I was trying to place the way point on Fortuna (when at the cave where the player-cursor was), it kept the point at that cave but gave the distance to Fortuna (1.5 km)...  When trying to correct it, the waypoint disappeared from the map and wouldn't be placed again.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Danielw8 said:

"They mentionned it before the release"

Sound like its my fault. So.. where they said the new update is literally empty without content?

Wait they said that in the 3 hours devstream?

My fault?

The Stream was 1 hours to begin with. And, the first sentence of the 26.1 Pc update note was

"The Dry Dock has arrived - it’s time to prepare with a new QUEST: RISING TIDE. By the end of this quest you’ll have assembled a Railjack, but it is not ready for flight. The time will come, Tenno."

And from there, if you can't read the patch note and hope for a non-existing-yet  update, well, sorry but yes it's your fault and not DE fault, they made it clear why the release just this.

Edited by Rev14
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Added a new slider for Orbiter ‘Wear & Tear ’in the Equipment > Orbiter > Orbiter Appearance menu! This new ‘Wear & Tear’ section allows you to choose how much internal amount of nicks and scratches you want the Arsenal section of your Orbiter to reflect AND what color those markings are.

Can be this aplied to whole Orbiter and not just only for redesigned part

17 hours ago, Andvarja said:

[DE] Drew suggested on Friday that fixes for Controller and Archwing were in the pipe for Monday. It's now Tuesday. I understand delays happen, but can we please get an update on this? Neither the notes yesterday nor today acknowledged it.  I know controllers aren't a super high priority on PC, and that it'll be fixed by the time consoles get these updates, but the controller's an accessibility feature for some of us on PC, not all of us can just switch over to M+K when things go wrong.

Between an inability to use blink without messing with binds which affect other things too, and afterburner being impossible to turn off in sprint mode (this may also be fixable by screwing with binds, not sure), Archwing's pretty unusable on controller right now, which really puts a damper on things like Eidolons.

This is the problem I'm having myself with both AW and Titania RW controls on Controller.  The Ability button not working and difficulty turning off afterburner.  The ability button not working effects Powers.  Especially in the case of Titania as once I got into RW mode I was stuck in it and couldn't leave RW mode. 

hey, don't know if this has been asked yet, but I noticed that each station in the orbiter has a new physical addition, looking like data node slots, has DE said what that's about?

23 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Rising Tide: Hotfix 26.1.3

Additions:

• Added a new slider for Orbiter ‘Wear & Tear ’in the Equipment > Orbiter > Orbiter Appearance menu! This new ‘Wear & Tear’ section allows you to choose how much internal amount of nicks and scratches you want the Arsenal section of your Orbiter to reflect AND what color those markings are.
    • Eventually these markings will apply to sections of the Orbiter outside of the Arsenal area once they have been given their updated looks!

Hey @[DE]Megan could we possibly also get a transparency slider for these scratches/scuffs? I LOVE this addition so much!!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MBaldelli said:

The first is that I can press ascend and descend and it's not feeling as though it's moving as though it is pointing in that direction, instead seems to be at a constant point forward while ascending and descending and this goes against even basic movement physics.  What we used to describe the bug in Star Trek Online as flying on rails.  

I feel you on that one, going up or down while advancing is a bit TOO SUBTLE. Sideways works fine, really good to do that last minute evade of that corner/branch while keeping your speed... but up and down almost seems to do nothing rather than point in that direction. IT does work, you do ascend/descend, but its just too subtle to be of use (and  kind of unconfortable to look at, not being sure if you're actually going up/down)

1 hour ago, FlatDevice said:

Hey @[DE]Megan could we possibly also get a transparency slider for these scratches/scuffs? I LOVE this addition so much!!!

Seconded, really loving this one. I was filling my orbiter with boxes and stuff from fortuna, the ones that Ticker sales? Wanting to give the craft a "cargo smuggler" feel, and this just adds so much to the atmosphere

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rev14 said:

The Stream was 1 hours to begin with. And, the first sentence of the 26.1 Pc update note was

"The Dry Dock has arrived - it’s time to prepare with a new QUEST: RISING TIDE. By the end of this quest you’ll have assembled a Railjack, but it is not ready for flight. The time will come, Tenno."

And from there, if you can't read the patch note and hope for a non-existing-yet  update, well, sorry but yes it's your fault and not DE fault, they made it clear why the release just this.

My bad my bad, my fault sorry need to watch the stream everytime to know when im playing warframe for no reason

PD: Even its my fault when i can understeand 50 or 60% what english people are talking? (like you see when i write in english its pretty bad..)

Edited by Danielw8

An option to toggle 'hold 'e' for heavy melee' would be greatly appreciated. Any mods that use the combo multiplier are way less reliable now that random heavy attacks keep spending the meter. Even just the option to interrupt a heavy attack with a regular attack or manual block would fix this, since rolling out of it only works on low attack-speed weapons.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, ActualNameTaken said:

An option to toggle 'hold 'e' for heavy melee' would be greatly appreciated. Any mods that use the combo multiplier are way less reliable now that random heavy attacks keep spending the meter. Even just the option to interrupt a heavy attack with a regular attack or manual block would fix this, since rolling out of it only works on low attack-speed weapons.

You can't accidentally Heavy Attack if you are always sliding. 'Hold E' brought back the 'spin to win' mechanic just by function of it being the only way to not accidentally trigger a heavy attack.

18 hours ago, CoffeeElemental said:

Are you seriously not joking mates?

Nah, brother. But as I wrote in the full comment, I can understand some of the complaints of others about the previous A.W. control system. I'm not stating anything other than the old system's Blink was accessible, practical and intuitive. Also the 'weight' of the old system is inarguably gone. That's all. 

• Upvote 1

So um, while running Ivara without a melee the parazon sometimes gets "equipped" and when I go to fire a weapon she de-cloaks. This happens even if I don't switch weapons. Also a little annoyed the parazon becomes "equipped" when hacking and keeps my syndicate weapons from gaining affinity and restoring energy.

Edited by KunoUshinawa
  • Upvote 2