Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Tide: Hotfix 26.1.3

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Trizion said:

Thank you for the update but when will Condition Overload be changed to be in a more useful state? The nerfs to it was way too much and only promotes the crit meta again which gets boring after a while. There should be more variety rather than just be forced to stick with one certain thing.

Melee is in a much better state now. Condition overload is still very useful and it is easier than before to scale up to level 100 content. 

I swear, people just complain to complain. Melee is much better now than it was before and people need to get over the "this was changed i hate it" thing or take their toxicity to another game.

18 minutes ago, WhiteGemini said:

i dont understand why people think Condition Overload is no good it adds up to at least 240% damage when you get damaged buy damage types how is that not good?

What are you saying....

It adds up to way more than 240% with minimal ramp up. Granted it affects damage differently now but it is still very powerful. I get that you are defending condition overload being good but your post is very confusing. 

6 hours ago, klahjn said:

Ivara Prime, the ARCHER....was given a submachine GUN...  the baza prime.  FANS wanted Daikyu Prime.  Might want to think about retrofitting that.

DE won't.

Mirage Prime got AkBolto Prime instead of Akzani Prime, despite Akzani being Mirage's signature weapon and all....yet Atlas Prime gets Tekko Prime.

Orbiter Captura scene is in pretty rough state. You can't access Operator form in it without getting stuck in the chair and being unable to move transferring back to warframe brings the warframe there and you get stuck in geometry.

As well companions don't get unequipped like they should when you access the arsenal in the scene and unequip them.

In addition you can't access the Arsenal from anywhere but the specific place where you can hit F to access it. Trying to access from the main menu doesn't work it just fades to black then boots you out.

Would be nice if these issues could be fixed, I love the scene just would like to be able to use my operator in it ^^ picture below of the operator issue!

tiCD5dZ.png

On 2019-11-26 at 7:33 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Kuva Larvling spawns automatically setting off the alarms.

I was having problems with alarms, because I couldn't deactivate them more than once on the same Security Console. I'll need further testing, but the Security Console's behavior changed.

4 hours ago, Leqesai said:

What are you saying....

It adds up to way more than 240% with minimal ramp up. Granted it affects damage differently now but it is still very powerful. I get that you are defending condition overload being good but your post is very confusing. 

ya i know it goes way higher at times but mostly 50-80% of the time you gonna get 1 or 3 status damage types at all times, know whats confusing is how that mod is worded i had to spend time finding out that they have to damage you to get the buff :P 

The transfer of Valencia makes you lose the 5 inverted forms in the weapon, for example you have the weapon A with 5 forms and Magnetic damage and you get the weapon B with toxin damage and you want to make the transfer! doing it from B to A you receive the forms and the magnetic state again it would be better to revert the forms again and from A to B we receive the toxin damage and since the weapon has no forms they disappear. I am not sure if I did it properly or it is a bug, I comment on the questions cordial greetings.

6 hours ago, Trizion said:

Thank you for the update but when will Condition Overload be changed to be in a more useful state? The nerfs to it was way too much and only promotes the crit meta again which gets boring after a while. There should be more variety rather than just be forced to stick with one certain thing.

I understand the frustration, and I agree that crit has definitely become the big meta again. But I wouldn’t say it’s condition overload that needs to be un nerfed, but rather status melee weapons that need to be buffed.

with the way CO stacked before, it could reach some pretty big numbers, and if DE planned on increasing the base damage of melee weapons, I can see why they wanted to change the way CO worked.

But one thing to keep in mind is that crit weapons also benefit from CO, especially once quick swap was introduced. However, despite quick swap making crit CO builds a lot more viable, with the way CO stacked before the 2 or more additional status types you could fit on your status melee weapon that weren’t already equipped on your guns could make enough of a difference to still compete with pure crit melees.

But with the changes to CO and ESPECIALLY with the recent crit changes, status melees have little to stand out (I’ll admit there are a few status melees that make a killer heavy attack set up. But then again, there’s also fragor prime?). Being able to muster up 2 or more status procs that aren’t already on your status primary and secondary will not help pure status melee’s nearly enough to keep up with pure crit weapons any more.

if CO were to be reverted, it would make status melee weapons more usable again in higher content, but it would also completely break crit weapons.

Status melees need something that crit weapons can’t benefit from as easily.

4 hours ago, Blackerxz said:

The transfer of Valencia makes you lose the 5 inverted forms in the weapon, for example you have the weapon A with 5 forms and Magnetic damage and you get the weapon B with toxin damage and you want to make the transfer! doing it from B to A you receive the forms and the magnetic state again it would be better to revert the forms again and from A to B we receive the toxin damage and since the weapon has no forms they disappear. I am not sure if I did it properly or it is a bug, I comment on the questions cordial greetings.

It’s a bug.

9 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Melee is in a much better state now. Condition overload is still very useful and it is easier than before to scale up to level 100 content. 

I swear, people just complain to complain. Melee is much better now than it was before and people need to get over the "this was changed i hate it" thing or take their toxicity to another game.

While I can see why you have come to your assessment, I disagree vehemently.

Melee has been changed, and in doing so many things have been adjusted in a short period of time without a bunch of thought.  Taking this piecemeal, Condition Overload used to the the mod.  As long as you could stack, the bonuses went through the roof.  If you just wanted to move CO down a peg, the higher values but limitations would have been ideal solutions.

The problem is that was the beginning.  You then add in heavy attacks, which consume the multiplier.  To account for losing that multiplier, the value had to go up much faster.  All those old mods are based off of the multiplier, so now critical builds are viable for things which influence based on multiplier rather than base values.  The base multiplier then got tweaked higher, to address the problems with that.  The system works, if somewhat roughly, before you then mess with the heavy attacks to be performed by holding on to the melee attack too long.  This is in a game where sometime precision inputs are less sniper and more ballista due to issues with input and game coding.

I would agree that melee is in a better place overall.  It is not uniformly better, because it's taken many iterations to just get us to a point of not being jank.  The people who complain about CO and the steel (true and sacrificial) mods have viable concerns.  To deny that is to actively deny that the post-facto changes implemented were to balance out the mods.  I just believe the easiest way to represent the complexity of this issue is to highlight mechanics which suddenly no longer work as they have for years.  It's largely like how Itzal has been fine with Blink for the better part of four years now, but because it was used in traversing empty open worlds it needs to be changed.  In return we get a move that targets a single thing and does what power 3 already does, only without pulling in items and multiple enemies.  In short, DE makes a lot of snap decisions from player perspective.  They seem not to test them before pushing them out, and this is a large frustration when something changes for no reason from your perspective.  Moreover, the spitting in our face is then spending two weeks to hammer out a working system because they broke something which worked.

I respect that DE wants to try new things, I just wish that they actually tried it before pushing it out.  Too often we get an update and 5 patches just to fix what people identified as an issue five minutes into the latest update.  Things that aren't minor bugs, but systemic issues that any play testing should have found.

Please very nicely. What should I do if I have a terrible problem on Cetus and Fortuna. I have terrible big lags And when I go back to the orbiter menu, the problem persists and I have to restart the game. Unless I play in the open world, the game goes well. But once I connect to Cetus or Fortuna So it can't be played. 😢

Some weird stuff happening with Baruuks Serene Storm. Inability to manual block when switching to full melee after activating his 4th - starts working only when you activate it, then switch to other weapon, then press the melee only mode. Inconsistent but can also break melee entirely when doing these shenanigans - even the regular melee stops working and you're stuck with glitching animations for the rest of the mission. Also Reflection mod has been overlooked and still has channeling in its description and I'm pretty sure its useless now.

Also please please please swap his "E-E-E" combo with "🔼+E-🔼+E-🔼+E" combo. One that requires you not moving forward has good momentum and rhytm to it and the other where you would want to move forward feels clunky having forced stop on the last attack.

Can we have some way to ensure we don't get the Kuva weapons we already have? Even for WF, the amount of grinding is ridiculous. I don't have anywhere near the time to farm for a Lich, then find that I already have the weapon they have and then have to grind the relics, then the mods and then die until I discover the order to kill the Lich before I have to grind for another larvaling and hope they have a weapon I don't have already, etc-etc. Make it an option so those that do want to keep grinding away to get the best version of the same weapon over and over again can do so.

1 hour ago, ChaosMarine said:

Can we have some way to ensure we don't get the Kuva weapons we already have? Even for WF, the amount of grinding is ridiculous. I don't have anywhere near the time to farm for a Lich, then find that I already have the weapon they have and then have to grind the relics, then the mods and then die until I discover the order to kill the Lich before I have to grind for another larvaling and hope they have a weapon I don't have already, etc-etc. Make it an option so those that do want to keep grinding away to get the best version of the same weapon over and over again can do so.

Sorry to disappoint you, but no, we can't have good things like that. That's the short answer.

Here's a longer version if you're interested:

Spoiler

The Lich system works the way it does in order to keep players in the game via tremendous amounts of grind. The game was rigged from the start lol. If it wasn't as random, we would be through with it in a week or two.

Difficulty of the grind and player activity affect platinum sales in a positive way. Think about it - if you want relics you'll do kuva missions and you'll need void traces to improve your requiem relics = resource booster purchase. All kuva weapons require 5 forma each - so unless you're a vet who constantly does relics, or you simply don't have the time for all the grind = get ready to dish out some cash for those forma packs. Then, throw an affinity booster on top, since you gotta level up the same weapon 5 times in a row to acquire all the MR from it and the round number - 40, sought after by anyone who has even the slightest of completionist tendencies. That's at least 150 plat thrown into the market if you're short on time. 80 for 2 boosters, 3 days each, time ticks even when you're at work/have irl stuff to do. 70 is for 2 forma packs, you'll have 1 forma to spare. That means, that if you want to do another kuva weapon you'll need to buy 2 forma packs once again. Only on a third go will you have enough leftover forma to purchase a single pack and have 5.

Some people might say "well uhhh you can just get plat for 'free' by trading with other players by grinding relics" but we both understand how dumb that sounds. 1)People are buying stuff for plat exactly because they DONT have the time to grind. 2)'Free' plat ain't free - someone had to buy it. Even video game money is not magically printed out of thin air nowadays.

There is also a starter pack for over 800 plat. Aside from requiem mods and relics it has some exclusive armor pieces too(1 pair of shoulders from it is still bugged and has broken regalia ever since release lmao).

Developers also were kind enough to add Lich trading so you can basically BUY a weapon from another player. It's the same system as rivens lol.

Devs also avoid talking about the grind in any meaningful way or do anything to properly reduce it without turning things in their favor. As stated, trading is monetized, so it's a win for them. Valence Transfer, that is supposed to be a non-trade duplicate solution doesn't work too well either. If you get a lower stat roll - transfer is useless. DE could make it so you gain at least SOME increase in stats no matter what % you got on a dupe, but that would be too healthy of a progression, since it would allow for steady growth without any RNG concerns(meaning less Lich trades).

Basically, the WHOLE system, is condensed essence of grind. And I suppose it's not going to change since rivens are the same as they were on release. Oops. So yeah, you have better chances to get what you want by asking Tzeentch for it, than attempting to claw it away from the monetization dep behind that whole thing.

On 2019-11-28 at 1:29 PM, Leqesai said:

Melee being in a much better state depends on the build the individual was using. Those who didn't have builds to maximize damage would naturally see an increase in damage purely due to the increase in base damage as well as the reduction in how high melee could scale.

It's also not as if melee should be judged purely on its damage with poor builds vs maximized builds, but other factors should be taken into consideration. The melee changes didn't encourage build diversity and essentially forced all weapons into a specific build with the only variation being whether you want to use heavy attacks 100% of the time, sometimes, or never; however, this isn't any different than before when it came to channeling vs slide attacks vs specific combos vs quick attacks. The changes didn't even do the bare minimum of reducing "required" mods, and the "standardized" ranges are pretty low, for some weapons P. Reach is still a requirement for dealing with bubbles without losing buffs and drones in arb. are a pain without it on some weapons/stances.

Objectively, the only positive changes to melee would be the increase in base damage, although that could be viewed as a negative change when it comes to low-mid range content as mods aren't needed at that point anymore, and then the changes to combos, the previous combo system was pretty bad with the awkward pauses.

Of course having a different perspective than your own isn't synonymous with being "toxic"; the post you even quoted had no "toxicity" in it, as opposed to yours calling people whiners (as you complain about complainers) and telling others to shut up for simply disagreeing with you. You didn't even explain how melee is a genuine improvement other than "it's easier to scale to level 100", as if damage is all that matters too.

Then there's the issue with exalted weapons not receiving compensation for the changes.

_________

Also, late but obligatory reminder that there still hasn't been a response about heavy attacks auto-triggering on some weapons+stances and that there should be a toggle to either use the current hold key/LMB or use dedicated key only for heavy attacks. Something as pointless (game play wise) as Nox not screaming upon death got a response within a few hours, and even rude complaints have been given attention on GD. Blood Rush (and co) also still bugged when using Operator.

Archived