Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats Nyx good for?

Lazarow

I really like how Nyx looks and her theme but she is lacking in any offense.

Her 1 is lacking that the enemy only seems to deal more damage, no speed boost or teleport to her if far away

Her 2 strips armor, but that really not enough as there are only a few bolts that come out

Her 3 is very good, but for crowd control and can be useful to destract enemies and do some damage

Her 4 is almost useless without the augment, like the augment should be the original ability and the augment be she has temporary armor depending how much was consumed and with a cap on it

I saw GrindHardSquad video on her and the way they use Nyx is by being in her 4 with the augment and be a tank, thats bad since we got rhino and he can move free we also got a lot of armor based frames so using her like that is stupid(imo). There is no good reason to use her 1 as the AI is not even good so they would be scratching the enemies at most. Her 3 as I said above is to disorient and is fine, useful in defensive mission like MD and interception. Her 4 can be good with her 2 but its slow and using corrosive would be more viable and every 1k stored it increases the drain where at high levels energy would go in a snap. And in team play there is always that killing it with a weapon is much faster than using Absorb and that most enemies die before one could aim at one and cast. Its just that Nyx isnt in pace as the game where people bulletjump to get around faster and can one shot lvl 100+ enemies.

And over all where do CC warframes even fit in this game when DPS is all you need, like whats the reason these frames exist now, why takes a nyx or vauban over a saryn/equinox/any tank

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

And over all where do CC warframes even fit in this game when DPS is all you need, like whats the reason these frames exist now, why takes a nyx or vauban over a saryn/equinox/any tank

I mean more than half the time you're just running to extraction. It was certainly more relevant when objectives had a real risk of failure.

Nyx use to be the Warframe for soloing T3 Defence.

Also Warframe damage and tankiness will inevitably falloff. CC has no falloff, if it works at level 1 then it will work at level 1000.

Edited by .Unreality
  • Like 6

I use Nyx for most of the content right now outside of a couple special cases like excavations. Never had any problems with her kit.

1st is meaningless for the most part, the only use is to create another point of agro for enemies. I never really use it.

2nd is for heavies and bosses, you can melt grunts as is, but having quick 100% strip is very useful.

3rd is for pretty much everywhere except defence (would slow it down a lot), saves you a headache of trying to dodge bullets. Enemies are busy, so you can do your own thing.

4th should only really be used with an augment, but when used with proper energy generation setup turns Nyx invincible. Instant cast allows to avoid death in many cases: turned a corner and found Nox, grenade landed near you, etc.

For the whole kills are better than CC argument: if you kill stuff - new stuff spawns, you need to constantly kill to stay safe. Spawns have a cap, if you CC everything, you can stay safe and just ocassionally recast your CC when needed.

Just because you don't know how to play a frame or don't like it's playstyle, doesn't mean this frame is usesless or weak. I, for one, hate Inaros, to me it's a brain-dead tank. Doesn't mean Inaros is bad, it's just not for me.

• Like 3

nyx has 100% anti armor/shields which is stronger than ppl think, same as her cc....just not at lv 1-120...which means its not relevant for most content and later when her assimilate could be great as a way to offer invincibility too it basically eats away energy way too fast but in theory her kit scales with enemies since chaos always works equally, same goes for her psych bolts. the games style doesnt support that too much sadly as mentioned....enemies would have to be tougher earlier for it to matter more.

Edited by Xydeth
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, .Unreality said:

Also Warframe damage and tankiness will inevitably falloff. CC has no falloff, if it works at level 1 then it will work at level 1000.

Except for the fact that at high levels you run into far more nullifiers and parasites that can completely cripple anyone that relies on abilities,  while many dps frames can deal with them more effectively by making them dead,  and buff frames still have their buffs up if they didn't fall or get pounced by a nullifier, in order to click M1 / Melee to make things dead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kingsmount said:

Except for the fact that at high levels you run into far more nullifiers and parasites that can completely cripple anyone that relies on abilities,  while many dps frames can deal with them more effectively by making them dead,  and buff frames still have their buffs up if they didn't fall or get pounced by a nullifier, in order to click M1 / Melee to make things dead.

Not exactly, enemy spawn type weightings are fixed per node so while you will see an increasing amount it will quickly reach a cap, long before level 100.

Also you try making Warframe abilities do damage to a level 150 enemy, also give me a good reason why you would fight a level 150 enemy. Ultimately that's what it is, the relevant content can be nuked by Warframe abilities.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, .Unreality said:

I mean more than half the time you're just running to extraction. It was certainly more relevant when objectives had a real risk of failure.

Nyx use to be the Warframe for soloing T3 Defence.

Have you ever heard of nullifiers and arbitration drones? Good luck dealing with these at level 80 with Nyx, not 1,000.

Honestly, she is not as terrible as people make her seem, but skill 1&4 are near obsolete. If they fix skill 4 to work in fashion similar to Ember 2, Nyx would be a decent frame, especially in defense and interception.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Whats Nyx good for?

Razorback, since her 1 obviates the need to kill and hack the bursas.

"Survival without killing anyone" riven challenges, since enemies affected by her her 3 don't count as allies and therefore them killing each other won't fail the challenge despite counting to your mission kill total. Not that it's even necessary, you can finish the mission just fine running around breaking boxes, it's just funny.

Learning to play with the Lenz, since you can just press 4 to instantly go invincible and survive if you find yourself inside your own Lenz bubble. Or you could just go into operator.

That's it.

Edited by SordidDreams

5 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Have you ever heard of nullifiers and arbitration drones? Good luck dealing with these at level 80 with Nyx, not 1,000.

Those are mission dependent not level dependent. Nullifiers and Arbitration Drones are another issue all together.

She is s frame that does damage through your weapons not the frame directly.

Add he has cc and armor strip for days.  So pop ccs and strip enemy armor well they kill each other or melt them with a op gun.

Her alt is crap though. Snd good use a rework.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

Queen of CC, armor strip, and invulnerable. She's my second most used frame and I enjoy her a lot. She's a different flavor compared to other frames that people say does the same but "better". 

She relies a lot on her weapons to keep a good flow in high level content though, so you really have to keep that in mind when learning and building her. And if there are leechers around she's pretty much doomed unless you spam energy pads. 

Mediocre CC, great debuffer versus heavies and being a bubble Valkyr with the augment and right weapon+stance.

Sadly other frames do all of that better. Vauban is a much better choice for CC after the rework, because he can now also decimate enemies at will with his 2 and 3. Revenant is a better proxy hysteria frame, that also comes with a massive AoE clear and non-intrusive CC. Or for plain CC trickery, you can just go Loki without radiant disarm so the enemies just come running and flaling their sticks, choppas and stabbies at you.

I've never been a fan of the radiation confusion mechanic, it just slows down the mission when enemies start whacking eachother over the head instead of coming for you.

man, I haven't used Nyx in a long time... probably still won't.

I can't think of any way to rework her without diverting from her theme of mind control. there's only so much you can do that ends with "and now the enemies are fighting each other. people aren't exactly clamouring for a rework for her either like with Ember, and I don't think anyone at DE is all that fussed about her, so I doubt she'll get touched any time soon.