Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats Nyx good for?

Lazarow

20 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

?!!!

If the frame is not viable for arbitrations, does not nuke, not viable in ESO, not viable for eidolon hunts and does not have a niche (like Ivara or Zephyr) it is not a viable frame.

Go solo Sedna survival endlessly buddy lol... And yes.. the game difficulty is dependent on Nullifiers and Arbitration Drones. They are not "another" issue. They define what is viable and what is in not in a large portion of the content.

That's the point, what she does well is not relevant to the game anymore. She was used for soloing T3 Defence because there was a serious risk of failure. They get tickled by the best damaging abilities and they shred through the tankiest frames.

Nullifiers and Arbitration Drones affect all frames. Nukers can't touch them and tanks will lose their defensive buffs unless they deal with them with their weapons. The only ones that have a benefit in dealing with them are offensive buffs. That's not a problem unique to Nyx.

7 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Is a shame enemies don't see you and other frames as allies while under the effects of Chaos, as usual the game will cheat and have enemies ignore Chaos and attack Nyx if she is only a bit closer.

Don't attack targets affected by Chaos, that just builds up your threat and causes them to target you. Chaos massively increases the affected targets threat so they attract enemies. Those enemies then become the target because they build up threat.

Edited by .Unreality

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Enemies have always targeted Nyx if she was closest to them, this hasn't changed.

Nyx is my go to frame to solo bounties. There are plenty of "wait out the clock" missions in this game, she works well for those and bosses like Ropadopalyst. I find Nyx enjoyable to play, other frames people think are the bee's knees I don't enjoy, that's what is great about having so many choices, find some that suit you.

yea if you mean for solo most of this 😐

as I main this frame I learned enough how to play most efficient whily not dying when it is posibble

but it is annyoing whne I want play her on higher lvls like for example liches when enemies are scalled to 80+

units like bombards for example are not rare at all on those lvls and they are 1shots almost every time if not everytime for me on nyx, the only think preventing to get 1shot from them would be just active nonstop assimilate which is most pointless thing here except single missions for defense where we can just stay in place and shot

so I started to enjoy more with playin pacyfing bolts for stun and if there is many enemies chaos....but this still is flawled as not only other enemies still can target you, as it was mentioned we have some enemies for whose frame skills just doesnt work becasue they have special defence against or even some enemies are justinvulnerable to stuns etc, look just at simple lich thralls, you can debuff them etc buc you cant normally stun them, if you are not aware or you just dont see that comming from back, from around the corner you get 1shot att all even if you ahve used all you cc possibilities around you

as I play fine with this frame it just very depress me how on high lvls often I can see 1shots from literally nowhere, even an example from arbitrations where I used tank build with assimilate to survive this..it was fine until Im forced to stop using it just for moment to get my energy back...as we all know how more and more energy it is etating with more waves of mission - higher lvls are raising and raising so their damage

I just remember when I for sure caster chaos before desactivating my assimilate, I desactivated it, bulletjumped and just in mid air I saw...I even didnt hear it...I just saw my frame just got ragdolled (dead) in mid bulletjump from nowhere so gl just doing higl lvl missions with this frame and especially solo

and ofc you can solo with fun mid, low lvls with nyx...like you can do it with literally every frame on non-high lvls :v but then you cant do it on high lvls with many frames becasue of or how they are useless on higher lvls or how they are flawed with their kits to survive like nyx, she have to flawed toolking for survivability, she dont need to be able to go for full tank, as we see after her skills we see she shoudl be depended on her cc utility around her to jsut not get hitted by anythig...but unfortunatelly hey kit is outdated and so flawed for current state of game how it evolved with newer mechanics etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, .Unreality said:

That's the point, what she does well is not relevant to the game anymore. She was used for soloing T3 Defence because there was a serious risk of failure. They get tickled by the best damaging abilities and they shred through the tankiest frames.

Nullifiers and Arbitration Drones affect all frames. Nukers can't touch them and tanks will lose their defensive buffs unless they deal with them with their weapons. The only ones that have a benefit in dealing with them are offensive buffs. That's not a problem unique to Nyx.

but everyone with mind will not enter into nullifer bubbles and so there is no other risk for them, tank frames will stay with their tankines and will survive and they shouldnt have problemw ith killing things as they are aware they depend with damage more on their weapons

most pure dps frames have jut in their arsenal for very good defences at all so again, if they dont enter to nullifer bubble they have no single problem as every should have decen weapons at all on these high lvls

and here problem lie with cc frames, cc frames dpened on their survability by their cc skills and so if there are enemies immune to their skills...they are most handicapped warframes as they jsut dont have any good viable kit to survive besides cc enemies and these are most not welcome on high lvls because for what they are?

if you go on tank frame....well you dont to have enemies on cc at all as you are just prepared to be able to tank all of it to stay alive

dps frame? as I mentioned most of them have enough viable kit to also survive while jsut nuking everything around so cc is even more useless here..becasue for wht is cc here if enemies will be dead before your animoation of casting cc will be finished? or at the best your cc will stay maybe for just 5 seconds before enemies will sudennly die

and here we have most usless frames as cc frames, they cant tank, they cant nuke, they depends on their weapons which maybe kill efectivelly but dont nuke full rooms of enemies at once and so they depends more on their cc to cc this full room to stay alive..but wait! you cant cc half of this room! and boom, you are dead 😕

18 hours ago, .Unreality said:

I mean more than half the time you're just running to extraction. It was certainly more relevant when objectives had a real risk of failure.

Nyx use to be the Warframe for soloing T3 Defence.

Also Warframe damage and tankiness will inevitably falloff. CC has no falloff, if it works at level 1 then it will work at level 1000.

Pretty much this. 

Keep in mind that damage output is orders of magnitude greater than it was back around U10 or thereabouts. For most content, you simply need enough gun. There was a time where you couldn't bring enough gun and CC was absolutely necessary to give you time to kill stuff. That was when Nyx was in her heyday and had a necessary role. 

Nowadays, there's simply little need for CC across the starchart. This is particularly so when you have AoE powers and weapons as overpowered as they are presently. Nuclear-grade AoE attacks are the best CC. Dead enemies don't do anything. 

7 minutes ago, Ikserdok said:

Nyx can get away with CC only half the room since Chaos also massively increases threat of affected targets. In fact, Nullifiers will often get distracted shooting at far away Chaos targets.

The point still remains that at some level, the tanks won't be able to tank anymore and the DPS won't be able to DPS anymore. If they can do there thing at level 1 that doesn't mean they can do it at level 1000 but CC that works at level 1 will work at level 1000.

The enemies got weaker and players got stronger so DE was forced to add in hard anti ability mechanics. Now all the relevant content falls within the range where you can nuke and/or face tank.

5 minutes ago, .Unreality said:

Nyx can get away with CC only half the room since Chaos also massively increases threat of affected targets. In fact, Nullifiers will often get distracted shooting at far away Chaos targets.

The point still remains that at some level, the tanks won't be able to tank anymore and the DPS won't be able to DPS anymore. If they can do there thing at level 1 that doesn't mean they can do it at level 1000 but CC that works at level 1 will work at level 1000.

The enemies got weaker and players got stronger so DE was forced to add in hard anti ability mechanics. Now all the relevant content falls within the range where you can nuke and/or face tank.

you are righ with cc and dps and maybe tanks as for 1 or 1000lvl

but there is thing which is also comming with high lvls - enemies with hard hitting aoe damage - take look at toxin auras or just simples grineer bombards, they can dont target you but still they can hit you by missing their primary target for example and still bye bye to you or with just granades

this is not that hard even when you cant be targetted to still get 1shotted by aoe on high lvls, mainly maybe it woudl be as RNG as you was jsut in bad place in bad moment...but still if youw as an tankly frame you would surve hit which will be 1shot to every squishy frame which not only have kit for additional defence besides cc but also dont have armor at all

and btw there are at all frames which will tank even on 1000lvl enemies - look at frames with shields, rhino, nezha, they shield is also scalling when activating be damage incoming to them from current enemies, only thing able to kill them are weird damage which are jsut bypassing literally everytinhg at all - look at weird attack of raptor? or idk what it is but on index and agile machine something like zanuka which sometimes can shot maybe slow fire projectile but this for example is ignoring limbo's limbo

18 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Almost for everything.

Yeah her kit is old and all over the place but she can tank a lot of damage. Her cc still works well against most enemies. 

I wouldn't say she's useless or bad. I don't know if giving her a damage dealing ability would fix anything.

damage dealing ability no, she dont need it at all, more woudl be welcome update for her toolking to current state of game after many different changes like for example her 4th skill...literally on of most useless skill in game, only augment is making it a bit viable to use but still not good as very handicapping mobility in game which is based on very high mobility, and as higher lvl enemies are they deal higher damage which will burn more and more eneregy per hit, per second of this ability which will be as useless ability on high lvl because in just moment you will lsot your full energy after tanking just some attack which you wont be able to evade at all while being in very slow turtle mode

nyx is like an amazing cake in a restaurant made for people with gluten intolerance. shes an excellent frame for a different game. 

she does have the best cc by her chaos, but frames need to be versatile now if they want to compete. if a frame isnt sufficient in at least two roles that frame is just weak. shes only good with one. and no, her ult augment is not a good setup, neither her half assed update of giving her an armor strip that doesnt work with negative str.

Edited by Zeclem
  • Like 1

Nyx biggest strenght is her 2 and her 4 with augment.

Her 2 completely strips Shield, Ancient Infested aura AND Armor. It's the only ability in the game that does that.

Her 4 allows her to tank for an infinite period of time as long as you get energy one way or another. Syndicate weapons for example.

She's bad, but she's workable. I use her in Radiation sortie for example, she also carried me through the Termia Fissure event since I could cast Chaos, and be immune to friendlies getting hit by rad procs with Assimilate.

A good rework would be welcome, but I don't think they should touch her 2, and IMO they should only make some tweak to her 4.

1 and 3 deserves an overhaul tho.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

Nyx has a CC ability(Chaos) which still lets enemies target objectives and Nyx which is arguably worse than all other CC frames CC ability. 

Nyx has a tanking ability (Absorb) which has the player literally doing nothing except wait to die when used without a augment. With the augment she's slower than a bunch of rocks(Atlas) and a literal puddle(Hydroid).  Let's be honest it doesn't even fit her mindcontrol theme. 

Her armour strip (psychic bolts) is okay but its a boring ability. There's literally nothing cool, fun or interesting about it (except for the fact you're literally commanding the enemy to strip for you. "Strip for me Vayhek... Yeah, Just like that"). 

So yeah, she needs an actual rework, not what she got earlier this year (was it this year?) 

Edited by Raqiya

Nyx is wonderful for Arbitrations, I'm not sure why several people are saying otherwise. Drones do not cancel her CC, and in fact, it often results in controlled enemies killing drones for you. Whether Chaos is working as intended or is an oversight by the dev team, its very effective, especially with max range. The drones will not be able to free enemies who are under the affects of Chaos. Instead, enemies will turn on each other, which includes shooting drones, making it even more useful. Her ultimate is also a pretty useful "oh sh*t" button to make you instantly invulnerable while recharging shields.

I dunno, there are probably easier frames to play, but I think she's fun and effective at locking down a whole map.

Edited by IntheCoconut

25 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

Nyx has a tanking ability (Absorb) which has the player literally doing nothing except wait to die when used without a augment. With the augment she's slower than a bunch of rocks(Atlas) and a literal puddle(Hydroid).

Did you not know that melee mobility works just fine in the bubble?

Hamsterball Nyx is actually a lot better now with Melee 3.0.  A huge number of melee stances offer easily accessible mobility and there are like seven zaw stances with slams built in so she's also good for Exodia Hunt builds.  Try running around with her and a fast Heavy Blade Zaw with Cleaving Whirlwind.  

35 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

Nyx is wonderful for Arbitrations, I'm not sure why several people are saying otherwise. Drones do not cancel her CC, and in fact, it often results in controlled enemies killing drones for you. Whether Chaos is working as intended or is an oversight by the dev team, its very effective, especially with max range. The drones will not be able to free enemies who are under the affects of Chaos. Instead, enemies will turn on each other, which includes shooting drones, making it even more useful. Her ultimate is also a pretty useful "oh sh*t" button to make you instantly invulnerable while recharging shields.

I dunno, there are probably easier frames to play, but I think she's fun and effective at locking down a whole map.

while reecharging what?

sorry but on lvl of arbirations mostly if you get hit...you have nothing left to recharge as you are dead on squishy frame like this without being stuck i your 4th skill..

everytime with topics like this I have in fron of my eyes how I jsut on moment turned off my assymilate bubble with chaos casted just before to cc enemies from me...just to aftet bullejump got 1shot in midair from nowhere, without even any sounds from my back

In theory, Nyx is meant to be a top-tier CC frame with good survivability, but her kit design is so ancient that she's outpaced at her core contributions by frames that do much more (e.g. Nidus). Part of this problem comes from her design, and her anemic rework that failed to genuinely improve her, but another large part I'd say is actually the players' fault, to some extent: when you ask a player what Nyx's best ability is, they will usually say Chaos, but also insist that it should stay in its current form. Many will also further add that Mind Control is just as important, despite being essentially just a one-unit Chaos. What both of these opinions ignore is that a) Chaos is just a button one presses to make the game play itself, with little in the way of genuine gameplay or interaction, and b) giving any frame two versions of the same ability significantly narrows down their range of contributions. As such, so long as that opinion stays, Nyx is likely not going to be able to be good at her job, because if she were she'd likely make the game fairly boring.

In a similar vein, there's also often the insistence that Nyx shouldn't be allowed to deal damage with her abilities, because she's supposed to be a CC frame: in the game's current state, this is rather old-fashioned thinking, as most frames aren't restricted to a single contribution anymore, but on top of that it makes little sense given that Nyx's core theme is pitting enemies against each other. Unfortunately for her, enemies in Warframe make for notoriously awful minions, because their damage is almost insignificant against their own much larger health pools, and they retain their original AI, which means they miss a ton of shots and waste far too much time taking cover.

So in a nutshell:

• Nyx is supposed to be a good CC frame, and arguably a frame good at using the enemy's damage against itself, but has fallen behind at the former and sucks at the latter, while retaining an overall clunky kit.
  • Nyx should arguably have good CC and survivability, while also being able to make enemies actually kill each other, but that would likely involve completely redoing Mind Control, Chaos, and Absorb, or at least the latter two, because those abilities are fundamentally poorly designed and can't really be allowed to be made strong or all that functional.
  • More than almost any other minion-based frame, Nyx would benefit significantly from an update to NPC allies, especially those turned from enemies, such as scaling to let those minions deal consistently decent damage, as well as significant AI improvements to make them waste less or no time.
Edited by Teridax68

40 minutes ago, Ikserdok said:

while reecharging what?

sorry but on lvl of arbirations mostly if you get hit...you have nothing left to recharge as you are dead on squishy frame like this without being stuck i your 4th skill..

everytime with topics like this I have in fron of my eyes how I jsut on moment turned off my assymilate bubble with chaos casted just before to cc enemies from me...just to aftet bullejump got 1shot in midair from nowhere, without even any sounds from my back

Use operator to move around with her. It's faster than Bullet Jumping anyway. In arbitration with Nyx, the only moment you should be out of Assimilate is when you are out of energy and behind a good cover to drop an energy pizza. Which almost never happens unless you're fighting infested.

Syndicate Weapons helps a LOT in that regard. And you can just bring a Synoid Heliocor or something similar to get energy AND still be mobile. Rakta Dark Dagger works too btw, and since it deals a ton of Radiation proc, you even get your own personal mini-chaos.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Use operator to move around with her. It's faster than Bullet Jumping anyway. In arbitration with Nyx, the only moment you should be out of Assimilate is when you are out of energy and behind a good cover to drop an energy pizza. Which almost never happens unless you're fighting infested.

Syndicate Weapons helps a LOT in that regard. And you can just bring a Synoid Heliocor or something similar to get energy AND still be mobile. Rakta Dark Dagger works too btw, and since it deals a ton of Radiation proc, you even get your own personal mini-chaos.

yeah as operator dashing is way funnier to play for frame movement and comfortable....thats why I stopped playing nyx on arbis and switched assymilate augment to pacyfing bolts for any other missions, only missions I will use again assymilate on nyx it will be defences or interceptions from where I wont move from my point...just stand here and shot/semi afk waiting for end of wave/round to turn off it and collect all loots so nty

and still as longer you are on wave missions then higher lvl enemies are comming and higher damage they have and so cost for your bubble is higher per shot to moment when you finally wont stand enough time with energy per wave

also as for example, boss on sedna - Kela - I went on kuva flood this mission, so enemies 80-100lvl, if you know this boss then you know mechanics on this like need to shot to 4 targets before she will come to you for fight in which time there is "bombarding"...so as I didnt wanna to go to operator mode for this mechanic I used my assimilate, to also protect my moa/sentinel as they have also invulnerability with me while this skill is active

and you knwo what? out of 600+ energy which I had on start of bombarding I was left with maybe 100 at the end after single bombard phase, to next phase of bombarding I get recoveret to around 250 energy which was not enough to survive another bombard phase

so no, when on paper and theory this skill looks fine at all, in practise it isnt, it is to flawed with additional useless things it is liek bonus damage to your weapons calcuating after damage absorbed, most useless thing in it only to handicapp more this skill like also just explosion dmg in this skill is so useless on high lvls after all as we are going to use this skill only with augment...so with short range of this explosion at all so we are not looking in any way to deal damage/additional damage by this skill but we look at tankiness in this skill

we can compare this skill to be like "Jack of all trades, master of none" as we have in it theoretically big tankniess, damage dealt from damage absorbed and additional damge bonus to your weapons but at nothing of this this skill is good at all

defence? on high lvls you will be burned out from energy very fast via "absorbing" mechanic in it

damage on explosion? to bad, enemies armor scalling and how much you need to wait at all to get damage absorbed stacked to get decent explosion with hope your enemies wont go away from you or someone esle will kill them before you..

damage bonus for your weapons? this is nto even 10 seconds, what are you gonna do with bonus to your damage for that pathetic short time? after your explosion if you will kill enemies around you will have problem finding or reaching to next enemies in that short time to make use fo this buff

and so as we have that many things to work in this skill we cant have any of them good to not make this skill to op...so why cant we jsut have single but great thing and finally working at the end? like do it full tank skill to absorb all incoming damage without limit your energy per power of absorbed damage

or make it pure dps skill...take away invulnerability from this skill and make it deal great damage on cast of this or great cc by knocbacking everything around on big range

2 hours ago, IntheCoconut said:

Because you probably actually know how to play the game lol.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Because you probably actually know how to play the game lol.

so any pro tips for nyx to stay tankly with her assymilate and not be depended that much on operator dash to keep mobility on par everyone other fast sprinting/bulletjumping?

and to not get eated big chunks of energy on high lvl of enemies targetting you as prority because how this skill works?

asking for friend

ah and another request for tip

how to affect enemies under lets say nullifer bubble/arbit drone with chaos while vere is not so much of other enemies arround to be affected by this?

13 hours ago, .Unreality said:

Don't attack targets affected by Chaos, that just builds up your threat and causes them to target you. Chaos massively increases the affected targets threat so they attract enemies. Those enemies then become the target because they build up threat.

I don't, your mere presence draws aggro by my own experience.

Nyx isn't really that good for anything these days. She's a great looking frame but she's almost totally worthless right now. This is coming from someone who loved Nyx once upon a time.

Many people tout her ability to "crowd control" when that is in fact inferior to what she could do prior to being "tweaked" for various reasons.

They tout how awesome armor stripping is when armor is easy to deal with or completely ignore using other mechanics. Who cares about removing shields? It's also extremely boring. Psychic Bolts really disappoints me. Especially now with such absurdly powerful, and fun, melee options. Not to mention this ability competes in stats with other abilities in a bad way. Also funny, is how many suggest improving it by adding a Radiation proc. Something that was explicitly removed from the previous iteration of the ability despite a lot of feedback asking not to do it.

She's touted as being tanky but this is only really "true" when using Assimilate to make an absolutely horrible ability tolerable. I had a really hard time dying without this augment before the last updates. A lot fewer of those exploding rockets flying around.

I just can't bear to play her in this state.

Edited by ArcKnight9202
Wrong word choice