-Tanking with 4+augment
-Interception,Mobile Defense, ect by destracting enemies
-Mastery
-Razorback
-A Raid
-Crowd Control

Nyx shouldnt be used for:
-Defense

I might have missed a few things. From what I am seeing she is not worth using unless there is a really tanky enemy at very high levels like a long survival run and alos need to prvode a 'smoke screen' where enemies are confused with her chaos. An even with this data I still dont find her useful or able to play her. Honestly one of the reason I was asking about Nyx was because a lot of new tennogen skins are being made for her which makes me think she is popular, but even with her good fashion her abilities what matter and other warframes with similar abilities like equinox are preferable, Nidus is a good replacement for nyx and he need less effort also does a lot of damage he CC with his 2 and tank with his 3(+4 if needed) and dps with his 1 but Nyx does have more range(I think) and would beb etter where only CC is needed but that is almost never the case.

Nyx may need a rework, or she is just waiting for DE to make her useful again in some new content. I do think Nyx needs to have Assimilate on Absorb by default and a new augment be made. Chaos could also use a new augment where nemies do more damage to their own faction or get some kind of debuff.The augment for her 2 I really canmt see where it would be useful maybe in rare cases but casting chaos would be better to confuse them rather than the augment. The augment for her 1 is very good but the ability isnt good maybe a fix would be give the mind controled unit more buffs like speed also I feel like the ability on default should telelport the unit to nyx when under mind control when far from nyx(if it doesnt do that already, havent tried).

I can kind of see a fix for Absorb, where it shoots projectiles that seek enemies like Pax Seeker does but not their heads and gives debuffs of lower speed and fire rate, but I dont know how damage destribution would go and how many bolts its just an idea(and this isnt in feedback so Im throwing ideas)

Nyx's Assimilate augment should be her default Absorb, as you suggested, and I would not mind a rework so long as she can still CC and stay invincible with her ultimate. It's interesting how people keep trashing her like she is useless or always outperformed, meanwhile I am over here with my Nyx Prime + Nikana Prime with Blind Justice combo absolutely dominating in damage and survivability over every squad member in any endurance run I am in. The only people I am aware of who ever come to see Nyx as a competent frame, other than Grind Hard Squad, are those who have played missions with me while I am Nyx. Posts like this bolster my ego because I must either have some kind of magical power, creative prowess, or luck to be able to do so well with Nyx while almost everybody else does not. 

On 2019-11-26 at 2:46 PM, IIDMOII said:

Every ability she has is outperformed by other kits and her prime looks horrid.

Firstly, would you say that a form of invincibility that also makes your sentinel invincible is outperformed by the invincibility of any other frame? If you were to suggest Rhino or Inaros as having superior forms of damage resistance, their tankiness falls off quite early whereas Nyx's lasts as long as you can muster the energy. Also, her prime looks cool imo but that is an entirely subjective opinion. 

• Like 1

@Lazarow

I will confrim only to striping armor/shields from enemies but on any lvl....but if you will be able stay alive for longer...as we know how squishy this frame is

tanking with 4+augment woont work for longer...in mid lvls it will...but on higher it wont as mainly you wont have nonstop energy support on mission where as higher damage enemies are dealing then more energy you have burned by sitting in your 4th skill....so on higher lvl with eneough enemis you wont even notice how fast your energy have burned out especially as this skill additionally generate more threat so to even more enemies would want to attack you in it

interception, destrating enemies if there is no arbi drones or nullifers....but even it is not that great as it was also explained...if enemies are close enough to objective...nyx chaos to distraction wont affect them, they are to close to objective and they ignore literally everything around them, even you when you are attacking them..so why would they abandon they objective to attack their "mates" under chaos all together?

as Im calling this nyx have more like "pseudo cc" than real/true cc which are far better when objectives are priority in your mission

so at the end nyx isnt good in almost everything...nyx can be very good with striping armor of hard enemies if she will stay even alive on those high lvls....but even this is not sure if there is to many enemies around as unfortunatelly bolts target always randomly....ohh how often I had situation whne I was just in melee range with enemy/enemies and most or all bolts was flying to enemies far away not even touhc these closest to me lol

eventually also chaos can be fine using not as cc but as "distracting" buffers in enemies like shield ospreys - they stop giving bonus shield to corpus around - or infested ancients - disrutors stop giving big resistances to other around them agaisnt frame damage, healers stop protecting and healing others around

thats all I can say nyx is/can be usefull for team, for rest is/can be annyoing or is just worse choce to use as much more frames will do much better rest of the work which definitelly is majority of this game than need to disband enemies auras, strip armor from just few and random enemies

I'm not sure i understand this point that Nullies and arbi drones somehow make Nyx worthless.  They make all abilities worthless in their presence.  That's their whole point.  The only abilities that are "useful" against enemies that are immune to abilities are those that make your weapons more effective against them.  Being invincible means you can stand out in the open and aim at them to take them down fast... which is exactly what Nyx's augmented four does.

• Like 1

Assimilate.042003ad4a45c28afa5e6e72d5761

Nuff said. 

Use that mod with streamline and Nyx is basically unkillable and can even fight while its active. The only gripe I have with it is when you turn it off you have to wait for the explosion animation to end and when its on you cannot bullet jump. Now you can enter operator mode while it is active and void dash around the place before going back into your warframe. Gives a use for your operator and its getting Nyx around fast while in her unkillable state.

• Like 1

Archwing missions. Warframe passives still apply.

"Enemies are 20% less accurate when targeting NyxIcon272 Nyx"

I've got a Config B for Nyx with just an Aura and Coaction Drift. Will eventually add Adaptation and Rolling Guard when I get through the star chart and into Arbitrations. (only things that transfer to archwing per the wiki). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PhillTheVoid said:

Archwing missions. Warframe passives still apply.

"Enemies are 20% less accurate when targeting NyxIcon272 Nyx"

I've got a Config B for Nyx with just an Aura and Coaction Drift. Will eventually add Adaptation and Rolling Guard when I get through the star chart and into Arbitrations. (only things that transfer to archwing per the wiki). 

I need to test this.

8 hours ago, Shoelip said:

I'm not sure i understand this point that Nullies and arbi drones somehow make Nyx worthless.  They make all abilities worthless in their presence.  That's their whole point.  The only abilities that are "useful" against enemies that are immune to abilities are those that make your weapons more effective against them.  Being invincible means you can stand out in the open and aim at them to take them down fast... which is exactly what Nyx's augmented four does.

as it was said....nyx 4th with augment is good only on more stable missions so for defences to something...as still lack of mobility in it is just enough to not use it at all in most cases where this game is about mobility to do missions fast as can yes?

and as for nyx uselessness like other frames because of arbi drones or nullifers...here go problem where more usefull frames still have their arsenal to stay alive even when they cant affect enemies by their skills and nyx? if nyx cant atleast chaos them..nyx is just on of easies targets to get killed by 1hit on higher lvles unfortunatelly and her passive 20% for less accurate for enemies...you dont even see it becaue bullets, shots are everywhere, they are tons of it when we hav tons of enemie...so even 50% to be less accurate enemies wont be that visible on thse lvls as in tons of bullets some always will hit you anyway and kill

5 hours ago, Vevvev said:

Assimilate.042003ad4a45c28afa5e6e72d5761

Nuff said. 

Use that mod with streamline and Nyx is basically unkillable and can even fight while its active. The only gripe I have with it is when you turn it off you have to wait for the explosion animation to end and when its on you cannot bullet jump. Now you can enter operator mode while it is active and void dash around the place before going back into your warframe. Gives a use for your operator and its getting Nyx around fast while in her unkillable state.

you know what? I think you still didnt get how pathetic this skill is starting to be on high levels with nonsense of energy drain per absorbed damage in it, let me show you my stats for build for bubble

iFPWZwq.jpg

this is maxed dran/second I was able to make, it have fleeting expertise with primec continuity and constitution as for duartion and efficiency

and now let me again  write about boss on sedna on 80-100lvl kuva mission - Kela De Thaym - if you dont know there i phase of bombarding area while shooting into targets before she will come to us for fight...and durning single phase of bombard my energy was drained from max to around 150...after single phase....because I didnt wanna to go into oberator and wanted to get protect for my moa also....so it even doesnt matter how much you invest into cost reduction of energy and duration in this skill....on enouhgh high lvls damage is going to be to high...

ofc on normal missions this damage wont be that drastic nonstop like on fight with this boss...but still you wont be able to stay most of the time in this bubble, you will still need breaks to recharge your energy...and the higher wave on high lvl mission you reach the higher damage enemies will have and so you will need to do more often breaks to recharge your energy which will be at same time more risky to stay alive on that squishy frame, especially when you cant cc most or even half of enemies to protect yourself by it

• Like 2

What are u all smokin seriously...

Nyx is one of the best frames especially now with the melee rework and easy gap closing stances.

Her 3/chaos makes any interception arb a piece of cake.

Her 4 with Assimilate augment makes her one of the very top tanks.

I use Nyx for interception arbs, excavation arbs, survival arbs, any assassination mission, Sedna arena, and she absolutely dominates toroid farm with a good melee weapon (or anything else on orb vallis).

The only things she can't do are dps and invisibility. Also her 4 bubble is vulnerable to ancients' energy drain.

Throwing in my 2 ducats on how I use Nyx and what I think in more detail. As I mentioned earlier she's my most used frame and I use her regularly in many different missions and tiers of diffculty. I'm not saying she doesn't need some work to be more interesting, but she's certainly not useless and is one of few frames where all abilities are useful to me. I think it comes down more to playstyle if you enjoy her more than the alternatives or not. 

Mindcontrol:

I mostly use this on specific more powerful enemies whenever I'm not bothered to deal with them, like Nox's, Heavy Gunners, Bombards, etc. They completely stop caring about me, my allies, my objective, and can make a decent distraction for other enemies. When the ability disables I'm usually long gone, or have dealt with surrounding enemies so I can focus on it.

Against infested however I do use this more frequently on Ancients since they will grant me their aura, which is very handy especially for damage reduction. Damage output of mindcontrolled enemies is of no importance imo, so ability strength is nothing worth modding for here.

Psychic Bolts:

Pretty straight forward and already discussed a lot. Strips harder enemies of armor and shields (and auras). I don't really actively use this ability, but more by reflex whenever I spot something heavy that I have to kill, or if a team mate is struggling with something. This is the only ability that is worth adding some strength to Nyx for (imo), and only 25% is necessary to reach 100% (you can save 1 capacity on your build with Intensify at 25% instead of 30, or make due with 99% strip with much cheaper Augur Secrets).

Chaos:

What people forget about this ability is that it will initially stun enemies for like 3-4 seconds, which is just enough to either just run past them all, or simply kill them all without any resistance before they even start shooting all over the place. You can also keep repeating this effect by recasting, and it can be cast while aimgliding without stopping your movement. It will also break Ancients auras. VERY VALUABLE, and is Nyx's main ability to survive outside of her bubble. I suggest adjusting range depending on type of mission. 

Absorb (Assimilate):

So here we don't just have invulnerability, but also full resistance against knockdowns, hooks, self damage, and procs. This also affects your sentinel, which imo is quite important for Nyx due to energy economy and/or overshields. Personally I really don't think it's worth caring about the possible damage output with ability strength, just the fact that you are untouchable. The whole point of the augment is to be able to deal damage with your weapons instead.

Yes, you move slow on foot, but I don't use it while on the move except as a panic-button. I place myself close to the enemy and mainly use melee and quickly jump between enemies with stance combos, which is more effective now than ever with the new combo controls. If I need to move across the tile I just use the operator. In more open tiles it is also possible to void dash up in the air to make ground slams. I can still use the rest of my abilities to support my team. Can be used with archgun if you call it before activating absorb. Recast to reset energy drain if absorbing a lot of damage.

Naturally, this ability is also very handy for resurrecting allies, hacking panels, activating life support, capture targets, writing in chat, taking a piss, or whatever may lock you down, without losing your sentinel. The bubble can also be used to shield objectives and allies. 

Loadout:

Her weapons are important. A fast shooting gun to deal with nullifiers, a mid-range heavy hitter for enemies too far from absorb, and a combo-focused melee with good range and speed.

A sentinel as companion is ideal, since it is immortal while Absorb is active. Nyx have good shields, so I prefer to use Taxon for her with all the shield boosting mods, which will keep boosting with overshields while in absorb as well, building up a decent buffer for whenever I pop the bubble. Since she lack armor, I found more durability in this than messing with Adaptation, Rolling Guard, and Aviator for example. 

I also prefer Magus Lockdown for the Operator to complement Nyx's CC abilities, and Zenurik to make energy orbs more efficient while in Absorb.

Gameplay:

Move fast, hit wide, make chaos. If sticking to one tile, go absorb and slash your way around the place. Nyx is great for most missions, and can still do good in defense too with limited range and stripping. If you can manage her properly then her only weaknesses are energy leechers and of course stepping on random grenades. Her being fast, fluent, and both defensive and offensive in her abilities is what makes her fun imo. 

12 minutes ago, TiltingTenno said:

What are u all smokin seriously...

Nyx is one of the best frames especially now with the melee rework and easy gap closing stances.

Her 3/chaos makes any interception arb a piece of cake.

Her 4 with Assimilate augment makes her one of the very top tanks.

I use Nyx for interception arbs, excavation arbs, survival arbs, any assassination mission, Sedna arena, and she absolutely dominates toroid farm with a good melee weapon (or anything else on orb vallis).

The only things she can't do are dps and invisibility. Also her 4 bubble is vulnerable to ancients' energy drain.

in shortcut many frames want an word with you like inaros whcih dont even need energy to stay alive

and as nyx is such good frame...why I barely see her in missions if even? I see many different good frames on every mission, with my daily playtime of 10+ hours :v I barely see even single nyx per day

I was doing very often arbis, mainly interception...and guess what...not a single nyx here!

this is very intereassing...why if nyx is one of the best frames I cant even see anyone playing her on missions even once per day?

also...when kuva liches was introduced...after I have done 30 liches...still I didnt saw a single nyx on those higher, high lvl missions but on most I see something like saryn, ember after rework...just great dps frames and tank frames while I barely see  just cc frames and what is going with it...I barely...lol barely...I havnt seen single time nyx on these kuva lich missions when I was doing....and 30 liches done is not something low to not start comparing this experience

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ikserdok said:

you know what? I think you still didnt get how pathetic this skill is starting to be on high levels with nonsense of energy drain per absorbed damage in it, let me show you my stats for build for bubble

iFPWZwq.jpg

this is maxed dran/second I was able to make, it have fleeting expertise with primec continuity and constitution as for duartion and efficiency

and now let me again  write about boss on sedna on 80-100lvl kuva mission - Kela De Thaym - if you dont know there i phase of bombarding area while shooting into targets before she will come to us for fight...and durning single phase of bombard my energy was drained from max to around 150...after single phase....because I didnt wanna to go into oberator and wanted to get protect for my moa also....so it even doesnt matter how much you invest into cost reduction of energy and duration in this skill....on enouhgh high lvls damage is going to be to high...

ofc on normal missions this damage wont be that drastic nonstop like on fight with this boss...but still you wont be able to stay most of the time in this bubble, you will still need breaks to recharge your energy...and the higher wave on high lvl mission you reach the higher damage enemies will have and so you will need to do more often breaks to recharge your energy which will be at same time more risky to stay alive on that squishy frame, especially when you cant cc most or even half of enemies to protect yourself by it

That's why you use Chaos if you can't keep up with the killing, to keep most enemies from shooting at you. When energy cost is getting high, dash away to a safe place and recast Absorb. Ideally you have decent efficiency and amount of energy in your build, so casting abilities should be very cheap. 

Energy Orbs will still replenish your energy while in absorb. There are several ways to keep this up with mods, companions, focus, arcanes, etc. Pick your flavor. 

I have no problem remaining in Absorb in high level survivals with a recast now and then. Just manage your energy economy and environment. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ikserdok said:

this is very intereassing...why if nyx is one of the best frames I cant even see anyone playing her on missions even once per day?

Playing devil's advocate, it's because most WF players are lazy slugs who refuse to play anything that isn't as close to braindead as possible. Nyx you have to pay some attention to (and pretty much everything she does is done better by other frames, so 🤷‍♂️).

28 minutes ago, SirTobe said:

That's why you use Chaos if you can't keep up with the killing, to keep most enemies from shooting at you. When energy cost is getting high, dash away to a safe place and recast Absorb. Ideally you have decent efficiency and amount of energy in your build, so casting abilities should be very cheap. 

Energy Orbs will still replenish your energy while in absorb. There are several ways to keep this up with mods, companions, focus, arcanes, etc. Pick your flavor. 

I have no problem remaining in Absorb in high level survivals with a recast now and then. Just manage your energy economy and environment. 

well what I was meaning...its hard to cast chaos on enemies under arbi drone...ands how it often can be not by just single drone

its not that easy when they push to big preassure on you so only thing you can do is just dash away and leave point for them which is just lost point before you go back so in this case this is not ondly non-efficient iin comp[are to better frame...this is bad spot when you are forced to give away point to enemies only to even try stay alive

as for arcane..you know arcane energize isnt cheapest one to be most viable? since few days I got it to rank 2 finally out of 3 after long time playing and still this wont be enough to keep your energy high enough

and well...I normally also dont have problem with staying in my absorb with managing energy economy.....but the best thing is jsut 1shot from literally nowhere when you even dont see and dont hear it comming, these are the best and Im not talking about granades which you will hear if you are close to them

and if we are on this topic..I have always situations before my eyes which I had on more open map of grineer inteception...with this big core to defend on defense mission on mid of map...

when I casted chaos just before turning off my absorb to cc enemies to not 1shot me in stupidly stuck of animation of this skill and just after this doing long bulletjump to another point and from literally nowhere (my back) not hearing anything but sudennly got ragdolled in mid of air after jump cause of death from nowhere....all I saw was just my frame started flying as ragdoll in same way I jumped...it could be nice if I atleas could hear something incoming, anything but this it literall problem of mediocore frames which dont even have decent survivability comparable to mobility of this game...as survivability on nyx is one of worst in thi game design as you ahve no mobility in it...and I dont count operator..becasue it is not fun to have mobility dependend only on your operator dashing

31 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

Playing devil's advocate, it's because most WF players are lazy slugs who refuse to play anything that isn't as close to braindead as possible. Nyx you have to pay some attention to (and pretty much everything she does is done better by other frames, so 🤷‍♂️).

ye and this bolded is the best in it, exactly what is going with this frame so you are not devil's advocate at all, you are just telling truth

but only missing thing in it about nyx is that as even if you pay attention on nyx...you still cant do anything before 1shot hitting in your face because how outdated arsenal of nyx for survivability and cc is in current state of this game, the only thing decent for current state are just bolts to strip enemies armor, shields, rest is outdated and so many other frames can do better 😐

35 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

and pretty much everything she does is done better by other frames

Which is pretty much the same problem Vauban and Ember had for however long it was before these reworks.

The issue isn't even that other frames can do what she does, it is that other frames can do what she does AND MORE.

2 hours ago, Ikserdok said:

well what I was meaning...its hard to cast chaos on enemies under arbi drone...ands how it often can be not by just single drone

its not that easy when they push to big preassure on you so only thing you can do is just dash away and leave point for them which is just lost point before you go back so in this case this is not ondly non-efficient iin comp[are to better frame...this is bad spot when you are forced to give away point to enemies only to even try stay alive

as for arcane..you know arcane energize isnt cheapest one to be most viable? since few days I got it to rank 2 finally out of 3 after long time playing and still this wont be enough to keep your energy high enough

and well...I normally also dont have problem with staying in my absorb with managing energy economy.....but the best thing is jsut 1shot from literally nowhere when you even dont see and dont hear it comming, these are the best and Im not talking about granades which you will hear if you are close to them

and if we are on this topic..I have always situations before my eyes which I had on more open map of grineer inteception...with this big core to defend on defense mission on mid of map...

when I casted chaos just before turning off my absorb to cc enemies to not 1shot me in stupidly stuck of animation of this skill and just after this doing long bulletjump to another point and from literally nowhere (my back) not hearing anything but sudennly got ragdolled in mid of air after jump cause of death from nowhere....all I saw was just my frame started flying as ragdoll in same way I jumped...it could be nice if I atleas could hear something incoming, anything but this it literall problem of mediocore frames which dont even have decent survivability comparable to mobility of this game...as survivability on nyx is one of worst in thi game design as you ahve no mobility in it...and I dont count operator..becasue it is not fun to have mobility dependend only on your operator dashing

I really don't understand the problem with Arbitration drones. Just shoot them, or hit them with melee, and everything around falls to the ground, wide open for easy kills. They are only a problem for frames or players who rely way too much on abilities, and that's kind of the point of their existance. The drones disable cc and damage abilities for all frames, not just Nyx. She can however still jump right into the middle of the horde of enemies and drones to take them all out safely from her bubble with regular weapons, which would be a very risky move or straight up suicide for most other cc frames. If you can't afford doing that during a round of interception then you're doing something very bad with your build or gameplay. You don't lose a tower during those seconds it takes to recast your 4 from behind a rock or wall. You could even cover that time with Magus Lockdown.

And I never said arcane Energize is the most viable option for energy. I said there are several ways to deal with it, arcanes being one. I don't have a maxed one yet either, and are not using it.

Suddenly getting one-shot from nowhere on high level missions is a problem for all frames, well except for the boring meme-tanks Inaros and Rhino of course. Those situations are certainly not unique or worst for Nyx. You don't always get a chance to hear grenades before they explode as you jump around and accidentally land on one. That's mostly the case in my experience anyway. Projectiles from high level infested can also be brutal if you're unlucky enough to get hit by one. But like I said in my bigger post, you can generate a good amount of overshield while in absorb, which can take a few hits if you need to run around. 

I use my operator for quick and safe mobility with all frames. I love mixing my frames abilities with my operators, it's part of the gameplay, so that's definitely something I always try to combine whether it is needed or not. But as mentioned earlier, in absorb you can get around easily with melee forward combos as well. Some stances being more effective than others of course. Void dashing and melee combos is something I use a lot with any frame, so I don't really feel limited in mobility with absorb tbh, unless the terrain is very weird (like Kuva Fortress). 

So again in the end it all comes down to what kind of gameplay you enjoy. There are several popular frames that I find incredibly boring and ridiculous, which I will likely never touch again. It doesn't matter how powerful they may be. 

• Like 1

Always liked abilities that play on illusion and mind control - whether things like Mind Trick in old jedi knight games, AI hacking/sabotage/domination mass effect, mesmer in guild wars... Nyx is the closest analog to that theme.

To clarify - I'm not a fan of perma invis playstyles so much, so Loki doesn't appeal to me. Ivara and Ash while fun in a different way don't have that feeling of puppet master, and Mirage is conceptually quite dull given its name.

While the theme is fun, execution is not great at the moment.

I've only been playing warframe on and off for the last year and a half, and some very helpful folks on here helped me with a playstyle that I've finally got around to unlocking the basics of (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1039942-naramon-nyx-build-advice/)

Right now I'm finding the most fun with max range Chaos Sphere, and mix of guns, melee and executing dash finishers for style (testing arcane ultimatum with that). Sure it's not efficient relative to many other frames or even for Nyx itself, and not something that's suitable for a number of mission types or speeding through anything. But in certain situations it is satisfying.

On the flipside despite crutching hard on Assimilate previously, I find that mod and playstyle incredibly boring (not to mention a visual eyesore even with darker energy colours - almost as bad as Gara with the glass shield effects...) - I don't enjoy if playing a mind control theme, to just ball up and spam melee etc while tanking everything - it's pretty one dimensional.

And to require that augment to even make Absorb useful in the first place is ridiculous. For survival it's easier to just go into void mode, if not having the augment.

Psychic Bolts likewise - while the defense strip is nice, I find weapons/melee more than strong enough on their own for most content - especially given I rarely do anything longer than one hour at a time at most. I actually unbind this ability now and completely ignore it - because of shared energy pool and not running Zenurik - and I'd rather slot Overextended for max range Chaos Sphere. Pacifying Bolts augment is decent cc but I find unnecessary between 1 and 3.

So on that note it's only 1 and 3 I find fun to use. Both 2 and 4 are boring and could do with significant redesign.

Edited by Sailears

14 minutes ago, Sailears said:

Always liked abilities that play on illusion and mind control - whether things like Mind Trick in old jedi knight games, AI hacking/sabotage/domination mass effect, mesmer in guild wars... Nyx is the closest analog to that theme.

To clarify - I'm not a fan of perma invis playstyles so much, so Loki doesn't appeal to me. Ivara and Ash while fun in a different way don't have that feeling of puppet master, and Mirage is conceptually quite dull given its name.

While the theme is fun, execution is not great at the moment.

I've only been playing warframe on and off for the last year and a half, and some very helpful folks on here helped me with a playstyle that I've finally got around to unlocking the basics of (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1039942-naramon-nyx-build-advice/)

Right now I'm finding the most fun with max range Chaos Sphere, and mix of guns, melee and executing dash finishers for style (testing arcane ultimatum with that). Sure it's not efficient relative to many other frames or even for Nyx itself, and not something that's suitable for a number of mission types or speeding through anything. But in certain situations it is satisfying.

On the flipside despite crutching hard on Assimilate previously, I find that mod and playstyle incredibly boring (not to mention a visual eyesore even with darker energy colours - almost as bad as Gara with the glass shield effects...) - I don't enjoy if playing a mind control theme, to just ball up and spam melee etc while tanking everything - it's pretty one dimensional.

And to require that augment to even make Absorb useful in the first place is ridiculous. For survival it's easier to just go into void mode, if not having the augment.

Psychic Bolts likewise - while the defense strip is nice, I find weapons/melee more than strong enough on their own for most content - especially given I rarely do anything longer than one hour at a time on the rare occasion. I actually unbind this ability now and completely ignore it - because of shared energy pool and not running Zenurik - and I'd rather slot Overextended for max range Chaos Sphere. Pacifying Bolts augment is decent cc but I find unnecessary between 1 and 3.

So on that note it's only 1 and 3 I find fun to use. Both 2 and 4 are boring and could do with significant redesign.

This.  She needs streamlined.  For example,  Psychic Bolts needs to be a radial “Psychic Burst” or conical if you need to have LoS visualization (I would say no).

Firing off meandering Energy tadpoles?  Doesn’t work.

And why would I punish myself to completely focus time and energy on a single, slow, limited AI enemy with mind control when I can Aggro with far more devastation by simply using weapons?

On 2019-11-26 at 10:06 PM, Infirito said:

I use Nyx for most of the content right now outside of a couple special cases like excavations. Never had any problems with her kit.

1st is meaningless for the most part, the only use is to create another point of agro for enemies. I never really use it.

2nd is for heavies and bosses, you can melt grunts as is, but having quick 100% strip is very useful.

3rd is for pretty much everywhere except defence (would slow it down a lot), saves you a headache of trying to dodge bullets. Enemies are busy, so you can do your own thing.

4th should only really be used with an augment, but when used with proper energy generation setup turns Nyx invincible. Instant cast allows to avoid death in many cases: turned a corner and found Nox, grenade landed near you, etc.

For the whole kills are better than CC argument: if you kill stuff - new stuff spawns, you need to constantly kill to stay safe. Spawns have a cap, if you CC everything, you can stay safe and just ocassionally recast your CC when needed.

Just because you don't know how to play a frame or don't like it's playstyle, doesn't mean this frame is usesless or weak. I, for one, hate Inaros, to me it's a brain-dead tank. Doesn't mean Inaros is bad, it's just not for me.

i can partially agree but then when i think of Equinox, the only thing Nyx beat her on is the Invincibility...
Its sad because back in the old days i loved to play Nyx, these days i only get her out and remove the dust off of her when i need an invincibru tank.

I really enjoy nyx for going solo on certain missions, like interception (I hate doing interception solo but Nyx makes it tolerable), mobile defence, rescue, maybe also excavation (although here frost really takes the cake). She was also the first prime warframe I have ever got.

Unfortunately, for many group missions she can be quite bad, since chaos actively screws over your group's ability to find and kill enemies (so it slows down survival, defence, exterminate) and her other abilites are also quite defensive and not very good for fast group play.

I think these factors are the reason why you barely see Nyx in a group play - her kit can slow down mission completion or killing rate in certain missions, and moreover can be easily replaced with with other warframes' kits for defensive missions.

7 hours ago, SirTobe said:

snip

Loadout:

Her weapons are important.

snip

In the meantime i ONLY use a greatsword with Equinox and her ablities and be the Queen in Arbitrations...

Nyx is also good in Arbitrations BUT, you have to go slow with assimilate and the rest of the abilities come never really to use...
The armor strip is a joke compared to what her psychic bolts could do in the past.
The chaos gets easily outclassed by other frames abilities...

And Mind control is more or less a Joke, just bring Clem clone with ya...

I am so salty because i once had a very impressive Nyx build and could be the Boss at Raids with her.. See: Nyx Devastation build.
Now i really only take her when i feel the need to stand around in one spot semi-afk at boss fights....

Energy leeches and nullifiers affect nyx very stronlgy...
Ive made the test and played the same missions with different frames...
While some of my frames only need 1 forma and a very balanced build, i have to go in extremes on Nyx ( tainted mods ).

anyway, there are 3 really needed changes with Nyx:

1 Mind Control kills the target if casted again, no matter what.( except bosses of course )
2 Psychic Bolts additionally apply STRONG Damage over time, like enemies hitting themselves....
3 Chaos additionally Chaos applies WEAK damage over time, also makes enemies impossible to attack Nyx ( for the duration ) no matter how close she is.
These changes would make her on par with most other frames!