Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Now that we've entered the Railjack, let us discuss the possible implications of... (Spoilers added to main post)

AnOldAlias

... The Reliquary Drive, which is currently vacant, as seen on the actual prompt screen.

Let's talk about the most obvious points here, with some random hints / tidbits from Cephalon Cy himself.

Will show pictures, what the quotes are and all of that.

Both pictures show that the Reliquary had a Void Key on it, though the recent Hotfix seems to have removed it.

Pictures for context first:

Spoiler

ks9ploT.jpg

Spoiler

WFLz5CB.jpg

Someone showing off the Reliquary with a Fire Extinguisher before the recent hotfix(feel free to tell me who it was, I lost who posted it on Reddit)

Quotes:

Spoiler

"Crew. A color you have never seen. Imagine it. That is where you are."

"Attempting to perceive: Cognition algorithms fail to prove a negative. Something touches me. Impossible."

"Paradox. You behold an absence. Describe it."

As well as some definitions.

Definitions:

Spoiler

** is Plural Noun, and *** is whatever is afterwards shown via google.

Reliquary: A container for Holy Relics.

Cognition: The mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses.
A result of this; a perception, sensation, notion, or intuition.**

Note: Cognitive Computing may also be an avenue to look into.

Absence: The state of being away from a place or person.
An occasion or period of being away from a place or person.**
The nonexistence or lack of.***

Vacant
is pretty obvious, basically just means empty.

Proving a Negative(concept) has multiple meanings I think, so just going to link here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proving_a_negative

Now, with all of this in mind..

What do you actually think this is?

Is it a foreign body inside of a capsule? Is it a void-generator for the Railjack?

Or is it possible YOU are the generator for the Railjack, you being put in the pod powers the Railjack's void engines so you can actually simulate a rail?

Or is it something even more ominous, given Cy's voice lines?

And what is it with that random void key underneath the Reliquary Drive?

What do you all think?

EDIT

Going to put down people's contributions to this topic down here. Won't be all, just the better viewable ones. Thanks everyone for their contributions however! ❤️

Contribution by @Strife- (Man in the Wall whispering near Reliquary Drive)

Contributions by @VforMyVendetta (Giant Finger in the Reliquary Drive)

Contribution by @Rukeu (Giant Finger #2)

Spoiler

EBnMlMC.jpg

Contribution by @Loza03 (Giant Finger #3, gotten from Reddit, didn't take himself/herself). Has DE-Staff Reply, by DE_Steve.

Edited by AnOldAlias
Adding contributions from everyone to main post.
  • Like 7

I think its void related. I mean theres something or SOMEONE in there, you can hear knocking and scratching coming from that pod, you can hear it.

I honestly think it might be the void demon..sorry I mean Void demon daddy related as the pod looks like void energy, and the orokin were in use of void power to power certain things, let alone I wouldn't be surprised if its maybe not even the void demon but an entity of the void trapped within.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Exlodian_Akitora said:

I think its void related. I mean theres something or SOMEONE in there, you can hear knocking and scratching coming from that pod, you can hear it.

I honestly think it might be the void demon..sorry I mean Void demon daddy related as the pod looks like void energy, and the orokin were in use of void power to power certain things, let alone I wouldn't be surprised if its maybe not even the void demon but an entity of the void trapped within.

Didn't even realize that there was tapping and stuff, damn, that's freaky, lol.

Yeah, definitely could be some kind of void entity. How we managed to plop it in there is odd though, maybe it was already in the wreckage when we went and picked it up for repairs.

Could even be another Operator for all we know, lol.

3 minutes ago, AnOldAlias said:

Didn't even realize that there was tapping and stuff, damn, that's freaky, lol.

Yeah, definitely could be some kind of void entity. How we managed to plop it in there is odd though, maybe it was already in the wreckage when we went and picked it up for repairs.

Could even be another Operator for all we know, lol.

I mean I feel like its been apart of the ship for a VERY long time, with how casual the people around the pod seem with IT TAPPING! not to mention Cys response to clicking on the damn thing. Its 100% a void demon, or a void entity of some kind as I said the orokin used void power before the fall. So I 100% believe it might be even vessel of the void like the operators even.

Just went over to the Reliquary Drive it with sound maxed.

*Whispering sounds" KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK "Whispering sounds". "KNOCK KNOCK" and some over variations.

Also I spent a while looking at the "clouds" and noticed a figure repeatedly appears. Looks like a dark shape, Long head, kinda like Aliens from Aliens movies. Two "arms" and a body that just extends back into the clouds. I thought I might just be imagining patterns but he very distinctly appears in different spots throughout the drive.

AZZuy3k.png   0fKGTcP.png   9VcbGrP.png   cxMzdJx.png   kwroPuq.png

rjCJUqt.png

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zilentification said:

Just went over to the Reliquary Drive it with sound maxed.

*Whispering sounds" KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK "Whispering sounds". "KNOCK KNOCK" and some over variations.

Also I spent a while looking at the "clouds" and noticed a figure repeatedly appears. Looks like a dark shape, Long head, kinda like Aliens from Aliens movies. Two "arms" and a body that just extends back into the clouds. I thought I might just be imagining patterns but he very distinctly appears in different spots throughout the drive.

AZZuy3k.png   0fKGTcP.png   9VcbGrP.png   cxMzdJx.png   kwroPuq.png

rjCJUqt.png

Isn't that the reflection of the Operator's chair in the Orbiter? it seems like it might be.

Others are a bit odd, but the main culprit for me saying that is the last image you showed. That is a very very good picture, kudo's.

2 minutes ago, AnOldAlias said:

Isn't that the reflection of the Operator's chair in the Orbiter? it seems like it might be.

Others are a bit odd, but the main culprit for me saying that is the last image you showed. That is a very very good picture, kudo's.

Sometimes it distorts if the "figure" is along the side of the glass where it curves heavily. It also "stretches and compresses" as it fades away into the clouds.

But my god I think you may be right. Obviously it might not be the case, but it fits with the "folding" of the body and the two arms. Guess that would mean our chair really does sit somewhat in the void. Although if we no longer need the chair, then that might imply something very concerning.

Eh, you have to be careful with this sort of stuff.  The human brain is hard-wired to search for patterns and can turn up patterns even where none exist.  Then there's also confirmation bias, where, when we believe something, we start looking for evidence that supports what we believe and ignore/dismiss evidence that contradicts the belief.  Lastly, our senses can and do lie to us, even when we're calm and paying attention.

Anyway, I've been staring at mine for a while, and I think the reflections are just that:  reflections of the lights on the opposite wall and the two green panels off to either side.  I definitely don't see anything that looks like the operator chair in the orbiter.

That said, out of all the incomprehensible whispering, I do seem to regularly hear what sounds like the word 'sit' come through loud and clear.  Of course, I also hear the knocking, but I don't hear any scratching.

As for what it is, the glass of the reliquary drive is shaped like a human - there's clearly a place for a head and then it gets bigger for the body, which, coupled with the knocking sound, would suggest that someone's in there, but the whispering suggests that the knocking sound might be an illusion.  The crew working on it don't seem to hear it.  I say that because even if they were accustomed to the noise, standing next to a humanoid-shaped, cloud-filled capsule that randomly knocks at you is going to fray anybody's nerves after a while, yet they don't seem to react or care.

As for the clouds themselves, my guess is that's part of the void.  If it is, then it might explain the whispering and the knocking, since the void typically drives adults insane, and we're much older than we were when we were first exposed to it.  Plus, Cy sometimes says that "we behold an absence," when we interact with the drive.  In other words, "you're looking at the void."

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Aekhon said:

Eh, you have to be careful with this sort of stuff.  The human brain is hard-wired to search for patterns and can turn up patterns even where none exist.  Then there's also confirmation bias, where, when we believe something, we start looking for evidence that supports what we believe and ignore/dismiss evidence that contradicts the belief.  Lastly, our senses can and do lie to us, even when we're calm and paying attention.

Anyway, I've been staring at mine for a while, and I think the reflections are just that:  reflections of the lights on the opposite wall and the two green panels off to either side.  I definitely don't see anything that looks like the operator chair in the orbiter.

That said, out of all the incomprehensible whispering, I do seem to regularly hear what sounds like the word 'sit' come through loud and clear.  Of course, I also hear the knocking, but I don't hear any scratching.

As for what it is, the glass of the reliquary drive is shaped like a human - there's clearly a place for a head and then it gets bigger for the body, which, coupled with the knocking sound, would suggest that someone's in there, but the whispering suggests that the knocking sound might be an illusion.  The crew working on it don't seem to hear it.  I say that because even if they were accustomed to the noise, standing next to a humanoid-shaped, cloud-filled capsule that randomly knocks at you is going to fray anybody's nerves after a while, yet they don't seem to react or care.

As for the clouds themselves, my guess is that's part of the void.  If it is, then it might explain the whispering and the knocking, since the void typically drives adults insane, and we're much older than we were when we were first exposed to it.  Plus, Cy sometimes says that "we behold an absence," when we interact with the drive.  In other words, "you're looking at the void."

I'll check and see if it resembles what you referenced if I can manage to capture it, will let you know.

Didn't hear any scratching myself either, however the knocking was quite prevalent. Though, I didn't check anywhere near to see if any workers were making said noise. I'll try and listen in on the noise myself and see if I can make out anything more.

Yeah, that makes sense, though the fact they don't seem phased is an issue, considering how close they seemingly are to a void-conduit of some kind, you'd think it'd be messing with them more instead of us. But it seems that it's sole focus is messing with us, if the knocking itself isn't heard by those crewmembers standing so close by to it.

That also makes sense. The full text was: "Paradox. You behold an Absence. Describe it." Which I find interesting why he believes it is a Paradox, is he referencing the capsule itself or the Void itself? Because he could be referencing how the capsule itself is a Paradox because it should not exist, yet it does. It holds an Absence, but it doesn't at the same time. You can't describe something that is not there.

Not meaning to make it odd that I posted two times, but it seems like the crew does react to it.

Wasn't captured in this order but this is basically how it happens, lol.

Last image he was actually leaning in to take a look at it, hence the odd angle. He was actually pretty close to it.

They do some other odd movements / gestures as well, but this is the main thing.

Spoiler

T0QHVQm.jpg

Spoiler

m1MV4GJ.jpg

Spoiler

5nqW0rX.jpg

Spoiler

Ie5oYyI.jpg

By the way.

The Capsule does say "Sit", but around 2-3 seconds afterwards, there is ALWAYS a laugh. ALWAYS.
Other stuff I couldn't make out, and the knocking on the glass is random, but it is actually coming FROM the capsule.

• Like 1

"Crew. A color you have never seen. Imagine it. That is where you are."

Pretty straight forward. This is Cy saying to the crew to imagine the void as they pass through to get to locations. Though this may imply that only the Tenno sees the teal energy.

"Paradox. You behold an absence. Describe it."

The reliquary contains something that holds/generates void power. Void means containing no matter. Empty. Yet clearly it is not.

"Attempting to perceive: Cognition algorithms fail to prove a negative. Something touches me. Impossible."

Cy senses this as well. Despite being Void, there is something in there. That something is also able to touch him... But how? He's an AI. Unless...

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 1

That capsule just spoke to me... and it said "Hey Kiddo". Is the man in the wall who must be on the other side.

edit: As I stayed near it for more time it said... "you mad at me kiddo? did you forget? you owe me."

this is freaky... proof:

https://imgur.com/a/TuuHXRm

it keeps talking to me. 

https://imgur.com/a/u3NBExp

edit: it continues talking... he now asked "what took you so long?" he is alive... I wont post more pictures... this is enough proof.

Edited by Strife-

2 hours ago, Strife- said:

That capsule just spoke to me... and it said "Hey Kiddo". Is the man in the wall who must be on the other side.

edit: As I stayed near it for more time it said... "you mad at me kiddo? did you forget? you owe me."

this is freaky... proof:

it keeps talking to me. 

edit: it continues talking... he now asked "what took you so long?" he is alive... I wont post more pictures... this is enough proof.

Yap... But we have no idea what the man in the wall exactly is. Is it a conscious entity or just some kinda of "effect". Why it looks like we do (or we just see it that way)?
My crazy theory:
Those kids never really return from the void. The tenno as we know them are just projections from void.

"Duviri" is a simple permutation from the Latin word "Duumviri," which means "Two Men."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Strife- said:

this is freaky... proof:

it keeps talking to me. 

How long did you stick around for this to happen?

After leaving and coming back, mine did also say, "hey kiddo," (almost immediately, too) but hasn't said anything else yet.

As for the crew, now that I look at them more, the guy standing up does seem a little jittery, though his animation is not synched up with the noises for me (in other words, sometimes he turns and looks at the pod when there's a knock, and sometimes he turns and looks when nothing happened).  The woman crouching down is the same woman you can see in several different parts of the ship, so she's definitely not reacting.

Random thought:  maybe a Tenno is supposed to climb in there to charge the drive up or something.

Anyway, I stopped looking at the clouds for shapes and started looking at the machine itself.  It's clearly not plugged in - you can see a big plug in the wall and a matching plug on the back of the pod.  You can see similar plugs connected in wires all throughout the ship.  The two smaller plugs off to either side on the pod don't have matching mates anywhere that I can see.  Maybe those connect to the holes in the floor.  Also, the way the void key socket sits in front of the pod suggests to me that when in operation, the whole pod slides down and rests horizontally with the cables plugged in.  Or maybe it doesn't.  Maybe it doesn't move at all and just gets plugged in.  The three metal...structures on either side of the pod are still a mystery to me.  I have no idea what those are for or what they might do.

9 minutes ago, Aekhon said:

maybe a Tenno is supposed to climb in there to charge the drive up or something.

I had this thought too. The Capsule is clearly connected to the Void, and labeled as Vacant.  Empty refers to devoid of a item, but Vacant refers to a person.  I wonder if we will have to enter the capsule in the New War. We need that Devil, no matter if we wish it or not, as it's likely only the Man in the Wall has the raw power to save the Origin System.  Even natah fears it. And I can't see the Tenno solely stopping the Sentients alone. The Railjack is only a corevette interceptor, a Vidar Class Railjack Interceptor in Cy's words. That can't kill a fleet alone. Any other Space admiral of RTS games can promise you that.

3 hours ago, Strife- said:

this is freaky... proof:

it keeps talking to me. 

Did you reject the Kuva in War within? My Tenno embraced her darkness and the Void, and drank.

Soooo this is just conjecture based on some thoughts and stuff provided here(my railjack will be ready in about 8 hours so cant really check anything).

Maybe this pod is the key to Duviri paradox?

Maybe it has Void energy which normal crew cant see clearly, but we can see through the eyes of wally because we were touched by the void, and this also explains the chair in the pod, we can gleam through the eyes of wally and because wally is a void construct theres no real definition of "time" for him.

But hey its just a theory, a Reliquary drive theory.

Edited by Eyn_Sof