Cerebrophage

Update on KDrive Mastery bug?

Was googling on whether KDrives gave mastery points and I saw that there was some inconsistencies with purchasing a KDrive (which allegedly yields no mastery) where building one from scratch does give you mastery. Has this been rectified at all? Or do you just rank up a board once and you're covered for all boards?

+1 to that question.

i'm pretty sure that i still miss mastery points from k-drives - and mot only the one i bought, but also at least on where i noticed not getting any mastery points until a fix arrives - then i got the points from this point on for about the half of max. any formating did not helped to 'fix' this either.

sadly, since this happens about the time when fortuna was released and we got a lot of new stuff in the meantime, it's getting hard keep tab at the mastery points and calculating them when you have nearly everything mastered sure is a pain in the arse to do (again, for the 3rd time then). also, my mastery points show a strange number which would indicate that i only got 99 instead of 100 mastery points somewhere - which is not possible. but i guess this only is a bug of a different kind.

• Upvote 1

As someone who mastered all the kdrives, I actually bought my kdrives because I was too lazy to farm the materials.  I just waited until the next kdrive was available to purchase from the kdrive kid.  I didn't run into any problems but that was quite close after the launch of fortuna.  

As to answer some mr questions about kdrives, only the board of the entire assembly gives mastery points.  The affinity required for a kdrive is much more than warframes and weapons so just keep that in mind.  

Once again, I didn't encounter any problems with kdrives and mr.  Just spent a lot of time grinding on that half pipe in fortuna is all I can say.  

Edit: prematurely submitted the post lol.  Just added more of what I was gonna say.

Edited by XxRyuuxX
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, XxRyuuxX said:

As someone who mastered all the kdrives, I actually bought my kdrives because I was too lazy to farm the materials.  I just waited until the next kdrive was available to purchase from the kdrive kid.  I didn't run into any problems but that was quite close after the launch of fortuna.  

As to answer some mr questions about kdrives, only the board of the entire assembly gives mastery points.  The affinity required for a kdrive is much more than warframes and weapons so just keep that in mind.  

Once again, I didn't encounter any problems with kdrives and mr.  Just spent a lot of time grinding on that half pipe in fortuna is all I can say.  

Edit: prematurely submitted the post lol.  Just added more of what I was gonna say.

So, you have noticed an increase in mastery between the boards?

I built all of them shortly after release and can confirm they gave me MR. Cannot confirm bought ones. Figured I just keep this variable straight for you.

• Applause 1

14 hours ago, Cerebrophage said:

So, you have noticed an increase in mastery between the boards?

Yes, buying the kdrives fully assembled gave me mastery.  For all of them in fact. 

You should also know that the default kdrive (think it's name is bondi or something) does not give mastery; it's just there.  You actually need the boards (e.g. needlenose, flat belly, etc.).  

Also, doing kdrive races only rewards with affinity for the kdrive kid syndicate.  However, since you're on your kdrive and you're probably doing tricks throughout the race, you'll get syndicate affinity for your kdrive as a result, but to reclarify, you DO NOT get mastery point rewards from the race itself.