Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp walk animation change

Shadow-Orion

Yeah, this is basically a feature rather than a bug.  It's a limitation of the fact that they share animations between warframes to save on development time and resources.  They made new walking and running anims for Wisp, while unarmed and when holding most ranged weapons, but not for anything else.  She also runs while using the Atomos, and I think the Sonicor as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shoelip said:

Yeah, this is basically a feature rather than a bug.  It's a limitation of the fact that they share animations between warframes to save on development time and resources.  They made new walking and running anims for Wisp, while unarmed and when holding most ranged weapons, but not for anything else.  She also runs while using the Atomos, and I think the Sonicor as well.

She runs/walks when you fire them, mostly because of its "Iron man hand beam" weapon nature which is unique to them. Same thing for the Gammacor series

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's just that all warframes inherit the same melee system, which includes animations. Even when I got a bug on Titania where I was able to use normal melee attacks in razorwing, I observed standard melee animations that looked weird. Just Wisp does not have at the moment unique animations for melee and uses a standard template. This is not a bug. It's just a stub and I think they know about it.

17 часов назад, (XB1)DavidRyder 74 сказал:

So I don't know if this is a bug or if it is intended, but it's basically that. While in melee mode, Wisp walks/runs instead of floating.

Cuz you can't both whip Vor and wag your assets simultaneously. That'd be kink overdoze.

2 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Sad day, but I understand. Shame Wisp is so well geared for melee, I'm doing her weird stumpy run all the time.

I know, right?

But think about it; a ‘walk’, ‘run’ and ‘idle’ animation to match each of the different melee types (there’s not much difference between some, but take Rapiers and Heavy Blades...). Then the next step is the animation of the actual melee moves themselves...

Wisp might float as she goes with guns, but she doesn’t even do that consistently; aiming makes her stand, parkour is all the same movements, zip lines are the same... only her regular walk, run and personal idles are actually ‘floating’.

DE really wanted the custom move set, but they failed on all but the most obvious.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Morphball:

I strongly dislike the way she looks "walking" with melee. I think she should be made to float around while having melee equipped the same way she does with guns equipped. Watching her walk is awkward and looks wrong.

this was already mentioned in a dev stream: she would have to get custom animations for everything basically and thats an absurd amount.

2 hours ago, Xydeth said:

this was already mentioned in a dev stream: she would have to get custom animations for everything basically and thats an absurd amount.

My secret hope is that one of the animation team has actually been doing exactly that in the background all this time, and everyone thinks they're just under-performing, and then in another year or so they'll break out and say 'Surprise! Wisp animations, custom for every animation and stance!'

And then the team will look at them and say 'Great. Super. So are you going to keep doing that for every single animation we do from now on as well?'

And that animator will have to say 'Well... maybe? Or... no... I didn't think of that...'

Wait... when did reality jump in to that situation?