Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp walk animation change

Shadow-Orion

When Wisp (or any frame with the Wisp Animation) is holding the Shedu, they start walking, even if the animation set doesn't have any walking (like Wisp!). When swapping to any non-Shedu weapon, like a secondary, the Warframe immediately starts floating again.

Wisp touching the floor holding Shedu : http://prntscr.com/qeiiym

Wisp floating, not holding Shedu : http://prntscr.com/qeij4r

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have grand news to share with you all! Soon, in an upcoming hotfix, you will finally be able to maintain your floating elegance while wielding a Melee weapon. Yup, that's right! No more stump walking for Wisp and no more float interruptions for all other Warframes sporting the animation. 

(Small preview is so very small - hover over video and click on the expand icon for full glory!)

As a bonus, the Shedu will be receiving the same treatment as posted here

This is all thanks to the wonderful Elyse! Once the change is live, you can contact her on Twitter @elysegymer (as requested by Elyse herself) with any bugs you may come across. 

• Like 28

45 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

I have grand news to share with you all! Soon, in an upcoming hotfix, you will finally be able to maintain your floating elegance while wielding a Melee weapon. Yup, that's right! No more stump walking for Wisp and no more float interruptions for all other Warframes sporting the animation. 

(Small preview is so very small - hover over video and click on the expand icon for full glory!)

This is all thanks to the wonderful Elyse! Once the change is live, you can contact her on Twitter @elysegymer (as requested by Elyse herself) with any bugs you may come across. 

I never thought we'd see this. This is amazing news! While not a Wisp player myself (don't have her yet, and don't use her animations), this is amazing and incredible. Definitely a great way to start the year.

But you will have to excuse me as I ask... what about Titania? Any chance her animations receive some floatiness in time for her Prime? I'm sure you guys are aware of people wanting similar stuff for her own animations :3

Edited by NightmareT12

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

@[DE]Danielle

is there any chance we will get Wisp Movements on any warframe using her stances?
of course this would include for Limbo and Hyldrin
while still on the topic of updating Stance mechanics, will we ever get other Warframes swinging Harrows lamp? the new Zato Animations have the Pipe on other frames, while other frames using Harrow stances will just swing their hands around for a bit like a 5 year old trying to "hypnotize" you

9 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Any chance we get any improvements to melee combos free movement?

9 часов назад, [DE]Danielle сказал:

Am happy, thanks! :3
Aaaand, is it possible to give Titania the same type of movement?

13 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Is there a chance someone could look at a few of the other frames with minor issues?  The Mag Deluxe has something weird with her right hand - it looks like a few of the vertex points are mis-aligned.  There's a couple triangles stretched in a really weird way on the back of the hand.  And the Ember Deluxe torso has the neck end at a lower height than the default or Prime version.  As a result, using her with several of the other helmets creates a visible gap between her neck and head and creates the appearance that she's been partially decapitated.

Neither issue is game critical, they are only visual.  And the Ember Deluxe might even be intentional.  But it would be nice if someone could take a look at Mag Deluxe.

Eh, I hope that this won't be the finished product for Wisp's melee animations. Yes, she floats whilst moving, but she still lands on her stumps while swinging. A better way to go about this dilemma may not to adjust all of Wisp's animations, but rather have her manifest a ghostly pair of "feet" whenever she lands and vanish in a wisp (heh) of smoke when she floats again. Rather than trying to get custom animations to work properly, just add on to her model a little bit.

This would also help with other aspects of her stump-walking, such as with terrestrial Archgun use and when she's standing still, dual-wielding a sidearm and glaive-type weapon.

Le 07/12/2019 à 02:26, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

It’s intended because DE isn’t going to rework every single melee animation just for Wisp.

Well, you have 3 options when making a Warframe like Wisp and want to make it float.

1. The easiest way would have been to keep only the idle animations : low quality.

1. As you say, do it the "half" way. So sometimes she floats, sometimes she walks : med quality.

2. Consider that making a floatting Warframe means she always float because she didn't even know how to walk as a floatting Warframe, so you make all animations "float compliant" : top quality.

By the end, we can also consider that delivering a new Warframe cannot "half work" and that includes the animations. Wisp works like a kind of Archwing and you cannot walk when using an Archwing. I even wonder if that would be less ugly if Wisp was using Archwing melee animations, which would be more coherent (and maybe requires less work? I don't know).

Edited by Inquisitor_Melhody
  • Like 1