Shadow-Orion

Wisp walk animation change

When Wisp (or any frame with the Wisp Animation) is holding the Shedu, they start walking, even if the animation set doesn't have any walking (like Wisp!). When swapping to any non-Shedu weapon, like a secondary, the Warframe immediately starts floating again.

Wisp touching the floor holding Shedu : http://prntscr.com/qeiiym

Wisp floating, not holding Shedu : http://prntscr.com/qeij4r

While I am not sure this is actually a bug, I do find it highly disappointing that Wisp does not float while using Shedu.

I see no reason she can't float, as the sentients who use the weapon float. Please DE, make Wisp the floaty bae we all love again.

When Wisp uses Shedu, she walks around on her leg stubs.. its really unappealing for her. Same with melee.
She floats around with other weapons just fine and it looks nice.
Floaty Wisp is best Wisp.

unknown.png

• Like 2

Wisp's unique floating animations are restricted to movement only. As far as I can tell, any of her actual combat animations - especially her melee animations - are just reused from the standard pool.

I have grand news to share with you all! Soon, in an upcoming hotfix, you will finally be able to maintain your floating elegance while wielding a Melee weapon. Yup, that's right! No more stump walking for Wisp and no more float interruptions for all other Warframes sporting the animation. 

(Small preview is so very small - hover over video and click on the expand icon for full glory!)

As a bonus, the Shedu will be receiving the same treatment as posted here

This is all thanks to the wonderful Elyse! Once the change is live, you can contact her on Twitter @elysegymer (as requested by Elyse herself) with any bugs you may come across. 

• Like 27
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 10
  • Applause 14
  • Upvote 9

This is wonderful news.

Will this also make her keep floating while you aim a weapon? 

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

I have grand news to share with you all! Soon, in an upcoming hotfix, you will finally be able to maintain your floating elegance while wielding a Melee weapon. Yup, that's right! No more stump walking for Wisp and no more float interruptions for all other Warframes sporting the animation. 

(Small preview is so very small - hover over video and click on the expand icon for full glory!)

This is all thanks to the wonderful Elyse! Once the change is live, you can contact her on Twitter @elysegymer (as requested by Elyse herself) with any bugs you may come across. 

I never thought we'd see this. This is amazing news! While not a Wisp player myself (don't have her yet, and don't use her animations), this is amazing and incredible. Definitely a great way to start the year.

But you will have to excuse me as I ask... what about Titania? Any chance her animations receive some floatiness in time for her Prime? I'm sure you guys are aware of people wanting similar stuff for her own animations :3

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

49 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

no more float interruptions for all other Warframes sporting the animation.

hoping that other frames get wisps walking animation is too much right?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

glorious! hope shedu fix applies to atomos too? 

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

@[DE]Danielle

is there any chance we will get Wisp Movements on any warframe using her stances?
of course this would include for Limbo and Hyldrin
while still on the topic of updating Stance mechanics, will we ever get other Warframes swinging Harrows lamp? the new Zato Animations have the Pipe on other frames, while other frames using Harrow stances will just swing their hands around for a bit like a 5 year old trying to "hypnotize" you

• Upvote 2

❤️ !Sweet!  ❤️ 

Now if only Titania's Animation can get the same treatment we'll all have some super awesome Scindo wielding flying Rhino's everywhere !!

I don't know if the others mentioned it but that should also go for Arcguns since there is no wisp animation for arcgun ground missions.

9 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Any chance we get any improvements to melee combos free movement?

On 2019-12-17 at 9:04 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

They’re not going to change every frame of melee animation for 1 frame.

So... how you doing now that your negative attitude got yeeted?

• Haha 2

9 часов назад, [DE]Danielle сказал:

Am happy, thanks! :3
Aaaand, is it possible to give Titania the same type of movement?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Wolf_and_Fox said:

So... how you doing now that your negative attitude got yeeted?

Is Revenant still trash? Yes? Then IDK what you’re talking about with my attitude getting “yeeted”. Because it’s still here.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

13 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Is there a chance someone could look at a few of the other frames with minor issues?  The Mag Deluxe has something weird with her right hand - it looks like a few of the vertex points are mis-aligned.  There's a couple triangles stretched in a really weird way on the back of the hand.  And the Ember Deluxe torso has the neck end at a lower height than the default or Prime version.  As a result, using her with several of the other helmets creates a visible gap between her neck and head and creates the appearance that she's been partially decapitated.

Neither issue is game critical, they are only visual.  And the Ember Deluxe might even be intentional.  But it would be nice if someone could take a look at Mag Deluxe.

32 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Is Revenant still trash? Yes? Then IDK what you’re talking about with my attitude getting “yeeted”. Because it’s still here.

revenant? em....so you're trying to tell me that a frame with

-minions,turrets,explosive mines,self recharging spawn numbers in one skill

-damage negation,self damage caused death negation,stun,recastable at will and lowering first skills cost to 0,all in second skill

-one of the few %based damage abilities in the game,invulnerable while in use,can be ended early,restores hp and shields,empowered vs thralls and can restore/give to others stacks of mesmer skin(his2)

-last ability can give overshields,detonate the 1 skill turrets,deals good damage that it dependent on enemy type,reduces cost of his 3 by 50%,and grows stronger with damage negated by his 2

now please tell me how is this in any way trash? badly designed yes,overloaded? definetly.but trash? no   

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

One can always tell when another player is bad at WF when they think frames with damage immunity, % HP damage, ramping and armor stripping abilities, CC, and healing is bad.

• Upvote 1

Eh, I hope that this won't be the finished product for Wisp's melee animations. Yes, she floats whilst moving, but she still lands on her stumps while swinging. A better way to go about this dilemma may not to adjust all of Wisp's animations, but rather have her manifest a ghostly pair of "feet" whenever she lands and vanish in a wisp (heh) of smoke when she floats again. Rather than trying to get custom animations to work properly, just add on to her model a little bit.

This would also help with other aspects of her stump-walking, such as with terrestrial Archgun use and when she's standing still, dual-wielding a sidearm and glaive-type weapon.

3 hours ago, janjandark said:

revenant? em....so you're trying to tell me that a frame with

-minions,turrets,explosive mines,self recharging spawn numbers in one skill

-damage negation,self damage caused death negation,stun,recastable at will and lowering first skills cost to 0,all in second skill

-one of the few %based damage abilities in the game,invulnerable while in use,can be ended early,restores hp and shields,empowered vs thralls and can restore/give to others stacks of mesmer skin(his2)

-last ability can give overshields,detonate the 1 skill turrets,deals good damage that it dependent on enemy type,reduces cost of his 3 by 50%,and grows stronger with damage negated by his 2

now please tell me how is this in any way trash? badly designed yes,overloaded? definetly.but trash? no   

He is trash, because he does all those things the worst out of all the other frames in the game. Couple that with the fact that he is easily the worst designed frame in the game, a theme that makes literally 0 logical sense (vampire when his entire lore has nothing to do with them. Seriously WTF). Revenant is the prime example of being trash.