Shadow-Orion

Wisp walk animation change

2 hours ago, TangyBlueBerry said:

One can always tell when another player is bad at WF when they think frames with damage immunity, % HP damage, ramping and armor stripping abilities, CC, and healing is bad.

You know you people really have to find a better comeback that’s not “You just think he’s bad because you don’t know how to play him/you suck”. Because not only is it getting old it also couldn’t be further from the truth. Seriously, I know so much about Revenant I’ve taught people trying to defend him things about him while arguing with them.

Revenant is not a good frame. Everything you just listen just about every frame does far better than him (except Nyx). Thralls are trash CC, Mesmer skin is a crap tank ability, Reave is useless cuz Thralls are useless. Danse is good but the rest of his kit sucking makes it hard to justify using Rev solely for it.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Seriously, I know so much about Revenant (oh realy?)

Thralls are trash CC(you know best cc in history:conversion to your side), Mesmer skin is a crap tank ability(still better then iron skin that needs 2 augments to be usable at high level), Reave is useless cuz Thralls are useless(this makes 0 sense,thralls interact with rave by restoring mesmer skin stacks and taking more damage from it witch results in you geting more hp/shields OR dealing with extremely tanky units.please explain so i can properly demolish that argument. Danse is good but the rest of his kit sucking(so the ability me and many others consider the worst is the best for u?i smell a old ember/ash main)

and like that you failed so hard i needed to go and get drinks and popcorn(back now)

oh also before this topic gets offtracked anymore you really have to find a better comeback that’s not trash,crap,useless,useless added to ability names other then dance macabre and post it in a feedback post.

P.S:Reverent's theme is sentient frame not vampire frame just cuz reb said it's a vampire don't make it a vampire.EDIT:just cuz u don't like the frame don't mean it's bad

P.S.S:i'm sorry but sometimes people just need a fact slap.

Edited by janjandark

On 2019-12-06 at 7:26 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s intended because DE isn’t going to rework every single melee animation just for Wisp.

This didn’t age well.

6 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Is Revenant still trash? Yes? Then IDK what you’re talking about with my attitude getting “yeeted”. Because it’s still here.

Who was mentioning Revenant? This was about Wisp getting to levitate again.

3 minutes ago, SacredSpirit1337 said:

Who was mentioning Revenant? This was about Wisp getting to levitate again.

He was asking where my negative attitude went. And my negative attitude goes nowhere until we get a Revenant Rework. It’s this whole ordeal that’s been going on for about a year now.

Posted (edited)
Le 07/12/2019 à 02:26, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

It’s intended because DE isn’t going to rework every single melee animation just for Wisp.

Well, you have 3 options when making a Warframe like Wisp and want to make it float.

1. The easiest way would have been to keep only the idle animations : low quality.

1. As you say, do it the "half" way. So sometimes she floats, sometimes she walks : med quality.

2. Consider that making a floatting Warframe means she always float because she didn't even know how to walk as a floatting Warframe, so you make all animations "float compliant" : top quality.

By the end, we can also consider that delivering a new Warframe cannot "half work" and that includes the animations. Wisp works like a kind of Archwing and you cannot walk when using an Archwing. I even wonder if that would be less ugly if Wisp was using Archwing melee animations, which would be more coherent (and maybe requires less work? I don't know).

Edited by Inquisitor_Melhody

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, janjandark said:

and like that you failed so hard i needed to go and get drinks and popcorn(back now)

oh also before this topic gets offtracked anymore you really have to find a better comeback that’s not trash,crap,useless,useless added to ability names other then dance macabre and post it in a feedback post.

P.S:Reverent's theme is sentient frame not vampire frame just cuz reb said it's a vampire don't make it a vampire.EDIT:just cuz u don't like the frame don't mean it's bad

P.S.S:i'm sorry but sometimes people just need a fact slap.

You forgot to mention that Thralls are easily killed by team mates. And that makes them bad because they’re Revenants entire basis to supporting his other abilities and synergizing. But since they spend 99% of their time as garbage damage pillars, they’re useless. And Conversion CC is the best CC? Um the only other one in the game is Mind Control and that ability in itself has several issues that make it worthless. The best CC is anything that locks down the area and/or draws enemies into a single spot. 

Iron Skin can atleast protect you for more than 15 hits. You want actually reliable 100% DR you use Gauss or Zephyr. They provide 100% DR to infinite hits within their duration. And Mesmer Skin putting enemies to sleep actively prevents Danse Macabre from using its scaling mechanic. There’s also the issue of its recast leaving you vulnerable and it’s cast time is painfully long, meaning if you want to recast the ability you have to run away, and a good tank wouldn’t have to run away, they’d be able to maintain their tankiness in the middle of a group of enemies. And if you want that basic QoL that all the actual good tank frames have you need to waste a mod slot on rolling guard.

Reave is useless because Thralls are useless because you’re never gonna get a chance to use it. And even if you do the process is so slow that by the time you do Reave over your Thralls your team mates, would have already killed far more enemies. And you have synergize to maintain Mesmer skin? That’s just impractical. And that goes into the next point of what’s the point of Reave granting Health and Shields if neither of those benefit Mesmer Skin. The ability doesn’t rely on them, so why are they the primary function of Reave and maintaining the actual thing that’s supposed to keep you alive is a secondary function only accessible through a synergy?

I’m not going to lie, Danse Macabre is just another Press 4 to win ability. But it’s still a good ability. Good range, decent damage, the damage adaptation is an incredible idea that works brilliantly, and it actually fits a frame that’s modeled after Eidolons. Cuz you know, lasers.

Looks like someone needs to go back and watch Revenants reveal stream. Because fun fact. Reb had some form of direct involvement in Revenants development and that despite the fact that DE has painted over them with Eidolons assets.

Enthrall: Vampires Mind Control people and turn them into Thralls. Eidolons do not have Mind Control abilities. And the idea that these Thralls are supposed to represent Vombulysts is an insane leap in logic.

Mesmer Skin: Vampires hypnotize people and put them in a trace like state. Mesmerizing them if you will. Eidolons also do not have this.

Reave: before they put the Vombulyst dash as it’s animation it used to be a flat wall of mist. You know what else turns into mist? Vampires. You know what doesn’t? Eidolons.

Danse: lasers. That’s Eidolons themed. It also has an offensive version of the sentient damage adaptation. This is literally the only ability of Revenants kit that has anything to do with Eidolons or Sentients.

But you know what his 4th ability was going to be before Steve literally said that Revenant needs Eidolons abilities? A massive AOE sleep. Do I even need to tell you that that’s not Eidolons related?

Revenant isn’t bad because I hate him. I hate him because he is bad. And the potential of an Eidolon/sentient frame was wasted because somebody wanted a vampire frame and they didn’t care what they had to screw over to get one. And I’m aware that calling him trash isn’t that creative. I try to mix it up every now and then with some creative insult towards the frame, but doing that every single time can be creatively draining. Also “Revenant is trash” is kind of my catchphrase.

You’re right. Some people need a fact slap. So I hope my post has been enlightening. Maybe go watch that Devstream. Do some research. Because everything you’ve said isn’t fact. It’s just ignorance to the truth that Revenant is trash.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

GearsMatrix, I think you've gotten hung up on the fact that Revenant's current motif doesn't line up with your perception of what his motif should be, and that is causing you to go overboard in looking at him as a bad frame. So you go looking for stuff to be able to call him bad. And when you look for something, more often than not, you find it.

To be honest, I'm somewhat shocked that you call him bad/trash, because I can't see in any way, shape or form how most of what you've said so far could be correct.

Yes, Enthrall is a rather poor quality ability. The fact that the thralls it creates can be killed by anything and not just by Revenant's abilities that synergize with it reduces its efficacy significantly. Fix that and this ability would be better. As for his Eidolon/Sentient motif? Judging by what you keep bringing up about what Reb has said about him being a vampire, it sounds like that is his motif: an Eidolon Vampire. Or maybe just the undead as a whole? I mean, Eidolons in Greek literature are spirit-like images of a living or dead person. A ghost, if you will. A revenant is basically a fancy word for zombie, or other being that has risen from the dead.

Next, Mesmer Skin. As someone has pointed out before, this is one of the best damage mitigation/tank abilities in the game, though it appears that it doesn't line up with your perception of what constitutes "tank" (oh look, another thing about perception... I wonder if there's a theme here) and how you personally play with damage mitigation abilities. Also has a rather interesting effect of keeping Revenant alive from things that would otherwise murder even a Rhino. Those lasers in the void? As far as I know, MS won't block the damage, but will still keep Revenant alive at two health. That and you can get hit as many times as you want. Motif? Well, it fits right perfectly. According to lore, the Sentients' defensive capabilities were second to none. That's how they were built. And if you read Mesmer Skin's fluff in the abilities tab it says,"Become enveloped in Sentient energy, which redirects damage and stuns all those who dare attack. Stunned enemies can be Enthralled at no energy cost." So, you're not mesmerizing them, you're knocking them out with reflected damage.

Third, Reave. Reave, to me, seems to be a straight grab from 2nd stage Vomvalysts. To me, the animations, while not identical, are indeed similar to each other. The "mist" that it creates looks like bog standard Eidolon energy, no different from the vomvalysts, though this might be my graphics settings in Warframe. It is quite useful for grabbing a quick nibble of health from enemies if you got hit by something that MS doesn't block and you want to be at max health for safety reasons. You can also use the ability to reposition whilst using Danse Macabre. But the biggest thing for me with this one is that the damage it does is entirely percentage based. You see, at base, the ability snags 8% of the enemies health. If they just so happen to be enthralled at the time, that 8%? Well, it quintuples into 40%. And if you get Revenant up to 250% power strength, oh look! It's now at 100%. You got a high level heavy gunner or bombard eximus giving you grief? You Enthrall them and suddenly Reave starts taking chunks out of them, if not killing them outright.

No real need to go over Danse Macabre here because that's the only one that you're not taking undue umbrage with.

Revenant is not a Sentient based frame. He is a Warframe that absorbed Sentient energies and used them to augment his abilities. "This is Revenant, the returned - the condemned. Harnessing the essence of Eidolon and warrior alike, he mystifies and obliterates his foes." -Lotus, Revenant reveal trailer. An undead revenant that utilizes Sentient energies is his motif, and it seems like they hit that nail right on the head.

You're right, your post has indeed been enlightening. It has shown how much of an outlier you are, anomalous to the point ridiculousness. I'd wager that there is almost no one else who has the same view of Revenant as you do.

I am also curious if you take undue umbrage with other frames who are one trick ponies such as Frost and Titania, who are really only good for their 3rd and 4th respectively.