Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The mobility of the archwing system has become much worse.

selig_fay

42 минуты назад, HowDenKing сказал:
a compromise would be to return inerta, but only when you don't press any other buttons?

e.g. once you press S, you start actually going backwards, not come to a forward-crawl for another 50m and then start going backwards.

One could simply add mechanics by which the player can control the instant stop. Say if you hold down shift but don't press the movement keys. This would solve the problem with Titania (because the huge speed doesn't require shift) and more flexible inertia control in archwing, but something tells me that people would be against it, since "pfft, push the extra button? are you serious?"

• Like 1

If they just wanted to make it "new player friendly" they should have just added in an auto-break option in Settings. (on by default)   This would make both sides happy. (This would also address the issue of limited inputs for Controller users -as there would not need to be one for breaking.)

A good example of this would be a game like Minecraft. They added in auto jump, imagine not being able to toggle something like this. "Oh, you are close to something you can jump up? Here, let me do it for you!" This is basically what the new system of Archwing is to players that were used to the old system.

Edited by Pixzia

Just let me rebind the blink ability to something other than boost. It takes almost as much time to accelerate to max speed as it takes for the blink to recharge. Movement feels VERY unsatisfying. Momentum is also gone it seems with my Archwing coming to a full stop each time I release shift to blink. 

Just let me bind blink to E or something, IDK. 

8 minutes ago, Raso719 said:

Just let me rebind the blink ability to something other than boost. It takes almost as much time to accelerate to max speed as it takes for the blink to recharge. Movement feels VERY unsatisfying. Momentum is also gone it seems with my Archwing coming to a full stop each time I release shift to blink. 

Just let me bind blink to E or something, IDK. 

i changed roll to Q a long time ago and its stayed that way for me. blinking does not interrupt or cause weird movement for me because im used to evading with Q. when they changed archwing flight nothing of importance was lost for me personally. gained more control snappy movement and sprint is now boost. i could almost kiss the person who made this change.

Edit: been playing titania more after razorwing change and the only problems i have are old problems that existed ever since she was released. 1 and 3 should be suspend and not float, she should not be allowed to fly close to the ground because of camera and collision issues, and tribute is not an aoe.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

15 минут назад, PSTriple сказал:

The updated archwing movement system is the original movement system. The inertia system was disliked from day 1 and has never been good.

Let me show you exactly why you're wrong about this style of movement not being possible.

Let him try it in space. I think very few people would dare to do such a thing on a real helicopter.

I feel like this comparison is like comparing the mecha from Titanfall and the plastic Diva`s mecha from overwatch. 

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i changed roll to Q a long time ago and its stayed that way for me. blinking does not interrupt or cause weird movement for me because im used to evading with Q. when they changed archwing flight nothing of importance was lost for me personally. gained more control snappy movement and sprint is now boost. i could almost kiss the person who made this change.

Hey, good for you. Glad you're happy with it.

Did rebinding roll to Q also bind boost and blink to it or did it keep boost on shift?

Ok, I realized that my previous solution, which is controlling the speed of drifting, only brings back the old problem, because you'll still overshoot in terms of orienting yourself to a different direction or aiming your gun when on the highest drifting speed. So I decided to scrap that and decided for the drift speed to be manageable, regardless how fast you flew after using the afterburner. Here's how:

After deactivating the afterburner, regardless of speed, you'll start drifting but almost above the same speed as simply flying forward without the afterburner.

While drifting, the speed gradually decreases until you come to a complete halt but you can stop early by braking with the backward key.

I tested using Titania and I think this solution suits best because you can't use the afterburner while aiming. Sure, you can move around with your movement keys, but if you need to move at a certain direction, say forwards of a straight road and there are enemies scattered around, you'd want to move and shoot, but orienting yourself while "trying" to maintain the direction you're going is problematic.

Edited by RobRalneR