SnowWarFr

Why do we keep playing Warframe?

Why do we we keep playing Warframe despite the rough year 2019 has been with NW issues that still remain, low amount of content, and Kuva Lich's fusion of RNG and Grind?

My Answer: Hope.

What's yours? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 1

Because as i've aged I have the horrible tendency to view all games in their bare bone state. Essentially If it is a mmo, a FPS, or even a battle royale, I feel as if I am just playing a reskined game that I have done before. Waiting for someone to get creative and invent something that is actually interesting I guess. So I just play WF rn.

Edited by Midas
  • Like 4
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

For me, because when you strip away the nukes and the CC and all the other 'lol what gameplay' elements, Warframe does actually have a pretty strong core loop. It could be stronger, yes, but a fast, energetic action game where you can do cheeky things like leap over enemies heads to stab them in the back, dance around their bullets with fancy footwork or just straight up barge in and start annihilating them with a head-on assault is a good ass game.

I have my problems with Warframe. But at the end of the day, I play it because it offers expression through movement, loadouts and artistic vision. That's also why I complain about economy and balance - they mean more expression at the end of the day, done right.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 6

My answer :  did not

sure I come back from time to time, but that after I finish my borderlands 3, subnautica, etc new game that I invested and then I remember warframe exist and I still 2 weapon away from complete kuva weapon collection.

in short, just because I want to ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Because Im a fatass whose only enjoyment in life is pretending I can be fast while playing gauss 😞 

Best answer ever.  Can we get a Gauss helmet named Commander?

• Satisfied 1

I have quite a few gripes with Warframe and DE itself, but overall Warframe is a good game and DE is a good company. If I don't enjoy the game, I just quit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Because we know the potential in how good Warframe can be despite seeing things wrong with it. 

UI

Needing a second screen to keep wiki open/check drop tables

terrible RNG + terrible grinds for Harrow/Kohra

etc

and Warframe Assets. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Haha 2
  • Satisfied 1

It seems to be just a habit for me. Half of the time I'm just playing because I need a distraction, not because I'm "enjoying" it. The other half is just chatting with friends in the game which is fun... i just wish the actual gameplay were still as entertaining as when I started in 2014, either I'm just burned out or the game has changed so drastically, that the "fun" that originally got me hooked isn't there anymore. Warframe is a constantly changing game, and sometimes i wish DE would just look at what orginally made the game great and stick to some sort of formula instead of trying to reinvent the wheel with every update

• Like 1

I will just copy what I had to say in a similar thread:

The core gameplay and the visual design. If killing tons of enemies in this game wasn't fun, and the game wouldn't appeal visually to me,  I wouldn't play it no matter how many open worlds, space combats or cinematic quests Warframe had. This game has speed, drive, and a MULTITUDE of ways you can decimate your foes. The variety of viable weapons in this game is just staggering, other looter shooters can only dream of that, not to mention different warframe abilities. It also has a distinct look and feel, in terms of enemies, weapons, lore, locations, etc., it really helps the game in my eyes.

Aside form that, the fact that this game develops and grows constantly, a "real" life service game. I took numerous long breaks from the game (not because I disliked it, but because I had enough of it for a time and decided to do something else), and everytime I came back, the game just had more cool weapons, more gamemodes, improved visuals... And so I would gladly sink more hours into the game, drop some cash to get some shiny new items and show my support for the developers, and have great fun. Damn I still remember when you used to slot abilities as mods, can't believe it went this far since then...

I really hope this game keeps growing and developing in its own way, Warframe truly is something special on the market.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Because I have things I really want to build in my Dojo... And I enjoy math based builds for games. Warframe puts all the numbers out and let you do what you want. 

• Upvote 1

Me: Finished most Warframe stuff, Goto different game for a few months.

Warframe: NEW CONTENT

Me: (Return few months later) ERMARGARD lots of new stuff, and I'm way behind! (plays and let's other depleted games work on new content before I jump back over)

A lot of whats added might be bad/a slog/uninteresting/etc. But warfrsmes core has never really changed, just added onto. So no matter how bad what they add is, its still fun. Its just you are playing with something you enjoy to get through something thats bad.

One reason i like the lich grind. I just have a long drawn out excuse to play warframes core with little distraction from it. I get to immediately jump into level 100 missions when i want and still continuously achieve something to give purpose to what im doing.

Edited by Annnoth

Because I just started this month and I'm enjoying it. MR6 but I still don't understand a lot of the mechanics in the game, but I keep grinding because the warframes look so good and I gotta have them all in years to come.

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, SnowWarFr said:

Why do we we keep playing Warframe despite the rough year 2019 has been with NW issues that still remain, low amount of content, and Kuva Lich's fusion of RNG and Grind?

My Answer: Hope.

What's yours? 

Because I enjoy the game and it keeps getting better.

• I enjoyed Fortuna (Who's content started the year) expecially Garuda
  • I really liked the Ropalolyst fight and love the Gas city tileset. Wisp is one of my favourite warframes.
  • Nightwave is great now and was only a little rough for the first season.
  • I've just completed my 19th lich and I luckly have all the weapons now (the thrall mission are great for levelling Kuva weapons) overall I looks forward to the expansion of the system.
  • I have my Railjack ready and I'm looking forward to Empryian.

I mean I was done with the last game I played (greedfall) in about 50 hours I have no desire to go back to it even though it was fun while it lasted, warframe keeps giving me more to do in a world that I like, (whit a really compelling setting and aesthetic) playing a game I enjoy.

Where's the problem?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6