Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do we keep playing Warframe?

SnowWarFr

Because Warframe is ... Warframe. There really isn't a smiliar game out there.

Aside from that, there is DE itself.
I don't really know another Studio that drives their game forward much in the same way, instead of releasing a sequel. What other Studio does regular Dev Streams where you actually see the people developing the game and hear their thoughts (or at least some of them)?

Despite certain issues that people are raving about, DE is doing a great job at making sure there is something to come back to once you get bored of it, and just keeping Warframe interesting. Who would've thought, 2 years ago, that soon we would be flying through space, blowing up space ships with our own?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 844448 said:

And what do you get after reaching 950? Nothing. You don't kill enemies any faster and you can see your damage goes down when you visit old location like EDZ. The numbers are just a layer of grind to pad the time because there's barely anything interesting

warframe fanboy logic

thats exactly what i like in d2 your enemies will lvl with you so they are always challenging not like warframe when i can 1hit lvl 120 enemies what is the fun of that?

Low amount of content? I barely finished 3 liches and know I have to run around building a ship! Almost no time for regular missions!

I hope the next round of railjack will be at least several weeks away.

Edited by Aazhyd

48 minutes ago, --Vampires_SE7EN said:

warframe fanboy logic

thats exactly what i like in d2 your enemies will lvl with you so they are always challenging not like warframe when i can 1hit lvl 120 enemies what is the fun of that?

Actually, they don't level with you, your power and level gets toned down to match starting area level so if you prefer getting your power toned down just for "challenge" which is not so different to play warframe against level 30 enemies without mods, you do you

On 2019-11-27 at 8:32 PM, SnowWarFr said:

Why do we we keep playing Warframe despite the rough year 2019 has been with NW issues that still remain, low amount of content, and Kuva Lich's fusion of RNG and Grind?

My Answer: Hope.

What's yours? 

I play because of it's clutch gameplay mechanics, mobility and shooting particularly. 

But yeah, I also hope we'll get a decent content at some point and my love for the game will reflourish

Quite simply, I still enjoy playing the game.

I've not been impressed with the enforced RNG walls that seem to be DE's take on the words "challenging, evolving, and exciting", but there are other things I enjoy about the game without having to touch that garbage fire ever again until it's improved upon.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-28 at 11:27 AM, --Vampires_SE7EN said:

you didnt get lvl? as far as i know i got from 750 to 950 in 2 weeks

Yeah that not level tho that gear score for me I mean the lvl 1 to 50 where the skills are located.

Edit: Gear score is like for raids and stuff that I will never run so no point mostly for me to rank that.

Edited by Emolition

• 1 month later...

The reason I play Warframe (even if it’s on the most hard to deal with console) is because it has something for you to do every day. It’s always a learning experience. Getting to experience the red crit for the first time and wanting to keep seeing them. 

I play because I have created a clan and the hema takes 5000 mutagen samples (ghost clan) and you only get 1 Per drop. New frames and weapons come out constantly and occasionally new missions. Everyday you play the game can be a real stressful time but at the same time extremely exciting. (randoms I mean you) 

finding new and exciting ways to kill as much as you can as soon as you can. Getting a new mod farming endo and credits to max it out and testing new builds. Finding a warframe that you want to test the limit and capabilities it possesses. Witty comments from Ordis grinding day and night for warframe systems and in some cases blueprints. 

having fun with friends and wasting time exploring and getting better. Taking on noobs and showing them the ropes and helping them get addicted to the game as well. 

most importantly I continue to play so that when the day comes I can kill space mom (Lotus) with all the experience I’ve gained along the way. Plus collecting all the primed warframes weapons sentinels and mods is a plus as well as fashion framing (if you’re into that).

Edited by (NSW)Daedae0596

For me, because even on its worst days it still gets to point at Destiny 2 and laugh.

I've only got around 150 daily logins on the clock, so it's early days for me, but there's still so much to do that I don't think it's going to get boring for a while yet. I've barely touched Cetus or Fortuna. and haven't even looked at Kuva Liches or Railjack yet, I'm building up my Prime collection (frames and weapons) and I'm just starting derelict grinding to try and get a few more corrupted mods (because as a primarily solo player who groups when they can, anything above level 35 starts to get really challenging without really optimizing your build).

Which brings me to the subject of grind. I spent a couple of evenings last week and at the weekend grinding Fissures and netted myself two Prime frames and a Prime Weapon along with a lot of assorted prime parts, duplicates of which I've converted to ducats (as I wanted to have some to hand when Baro turns up, just in case), so possibly ending up with a couple of nice mods or weapons for the week in general. I've also passively leveled my syndicates and I'm well on the way to my next Mastery Rank.

By contrast, the same amount of time spent grinding in Destiny 2 increases my level by 1-3 points (only to have it taken away again in three months when the season resets), I probably wouldn't have gotten any exotic gear (I've had two drop in 3 months, both with useless rolls), and all of the other stuff drops with random rolls, 80-90% of which you just end up breaking down into materials that you effectively can't use for anything.

People might moan at the current grind in Warframe, but at least that grind means something for the most part. There really isn't anything in Warframe that is effectively un-fixable because its core systems just work.

It's a fun game, it's a rewarding game and I think people who've played it to death are naturally inclined to forget that.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

People might moan at the current grind in Warframe, but at least that grind means something for the most part. There really isn't anything in Warframe that is effectively un-fixable because its core systems just work.

It's a fun game, it's a rewarding game and I think people who've played it to death are naturally inclined to forget that.

Most people (I would say all, including me) love the core system , not the new stuff, that's the problem you are reading/watching about.
They want IT to expand, not new quirks and strange additions that make no sense for the most part.There are many post and videos who suggest great ideas, great fixes for the lost content like lunaro/conclave and some mission types.

As for the "played it to death" thing - I have all the things, did all the things months ago(played this game for almost a year) and I still play it on a daily basis, but I play mostly the core content, because it's fun and relaxing.
The core game itself it's not the problem, the new content that is underdeveloped, unbrushed and sometimes just missing is for most people. I understand them and I agree with them even if it's not really a great concern of mine as long as the main game is intact, but they all have a valid point.

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 1

On 2019-11-27 at 12:32 PM, SnowWarFr said:

Why do we we keep playing Warframe despite the rough year 2019 has been with NW issues that still remain, low amount of content, and Kuva Lich's fusion of RNG and Grind?

My Answer: Hope.

What's yours? 

Hype is purely how DE makes money.

We are just dumb so we keep falling for new content. Lately I like the changes but they should have been done a lot earlier on.

• Like 1