Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rename "terrify" To "confuse"

Aspari

Enemies don't act like they're afraid at all. Most of the time I just see enemies run around in circles like they don't know what the hek they should do. They don't run away from Nekros. And some times they idle around like vegetables. 

I also can't see the ability being called Terrify because it effects robots and Infested as well, and to my knowledge robots aren't programmed to fear and Infested don't have fear in their thought process.

run around in circles like they don't know what the hek they should do

Lol at Warframe humor.

But seriously, confuse does make more sense. Maybe the skill could use a little tweaking and keep it's name.

Also this is a game, a hypothetical world, robots could have programmed "souls" for soul punch and "emotions" for terrify.

Edited by KingKeif

Enemies don't act like they're afraid at all. Most of the time I just see enemies run around in circles like they don't know what the hek they should do. They don't run away from Nekros. And some times they idle around like vegetables. 

I also can't see the ability being called Terrify because it effects robots and Infested as well, and to my knowledge robots aren't programmed to fear and Infested don't have fear in their thought process.

i agree

I mean, would the skill really be that useful if enemies all just ran away from you? Sure if you needed a couple seconds to stay alive or protect the pod or something, but it seems a bit more conducive the way it is now. 

I understand what you're saying about infested and corpus, but lets pretend instead of striking actual fear into the robots, it executes a "run away" directive.

Yeah I agree.

We should also just make it a 3 skill, and make the 1 skill only affect one enemy with that confusion.  Also SotD sucks, so lets just try a new ult where nekros absorbs all gunfire and then fires it back at his enemies.

That way we can just drop all pretenses and call nekros the reskin for nyx.

In all seriousness though, there really doesn't need to be a renaming.  It doesn't fit the "theme" of nekros and it doesn't make sense, at least when the AI actually functions correctly.

I'm gonna be the odd man out and totally disagree.

Terrify = fear. Fear = panic. Not everyone simply runs away when they're terrified. Alot of people freeze in terror or try to run away but are too panicked and instead run into every obstacle their bodies can gravitate toward. Being terrified =/= running away all the time.

Who said Infested can't feel fear? Is that somewhere in the lore? They're obviously not braindead - the catcalls Phorid and Lephantis like to announce tells us that there is a thought process behind it all.

As for robots, then I guess you should also look at Nyx's Chaos. Or Saryn's poison spores. Or any other ability that our warframes have that are more biologically destructive. Of course you can explain many of these away - Saryn's poison spores may also be acidic. Nyx's Chaos not only affects minds, but attacks the neural processing for robots too. This also means that Nekros' Terrify effecting robots can be explained as well: Instead of literally making them scared, it would instead wreck havoc on their CPU or motor functions, forcing them to go haywire as if "terrified".

Also, "Confuse" Is such a generic word. Terrify is far better simply because it's not so mundane.

Edit: My 1000th post...I don't think I've ever had this many posts in a forum (I'm usually just a lurker). I need to commemorate this achievement....

I think a derp face shall suffice.

AJMemeface1.png

There we go.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Robots, Infested, Grineer, Corpus, Skates, and any other enemies that will ever be in this game don't have souls, yet Soul Punch works on them.. it's just a name..

Edited by Flackenstien

It would be nice if Terrify gave enemies a more panicked running animation.

This is generally what I did want to see. If you're not even going to look scared after being afflicted by something called "Terrify", the skill doesn't live up to its name.