Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LOWER RAILJACK RESOURCE REQUIRMENT

buff7879

The resource amount needed to make railjacks is just too much. Im already MR10, and i have a lot of resources, but i see no point in emptying my resources since i might need them to build a weapon or warframe comes time. Then again, railjack seems to be a big part of warframe moving forward, and i dont think ill be able to keep up. I wish DE would lower the grind a trifle.

At least half all the railjack resouces. 

• Like 1

The majority of the resources tend to drop in abundance. It's only the credits and the unique resources that are any sort of hurdle, and all of those can be gained within the time it takes for one part to build. Considering it's the lead-up to a major release later in the year, and the fact that you're literally building a frigate, it's not too bad.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, buff7879 said:

and i have a lot of resources

Apparently you don't and it sounds to me like you're having to make a decision.  Just because you have to make a decision doesn't mean that anything is wrong with the game or it's design, it just means there'll be an Opportunity Cost.  Surely you had to make a decision early on in the game as to whether you built one weapon or another because you didn't have the resources for both?  It's the same thing.  Nothing needs to be changed and really if you don't have access to the resources already and you don't have access to the locations which makes the task of obtaining those resources trivial, then Railjack probably isn't targeted at you.  Your MR means nothing especially when we're talking about having access to resources.  All it means is that you leveled some weapons, which for all we know means you sat in Hydron for a couple of days straight.

If you have an argument for why the resources should be lowered other than "I'm having to make a choice" then by all means make that argument, but until then your thread just comes across as someone wanting everything to be handed to them.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
  • Like 7

53 minutes ago, buff7879 said:

Then again, railjack seems to be a big part of warframe moving forward, and i dont think ill be able to keep up

Seeing how the Lich system is, more extreme grind will be coming. Keep up or die. lol

We all managed to live up to 7 years without spending resources on a Railjack. We all diverted those resources to all other gear items, resource sinks and what not. Surely you don't need to have everything in your hands right away. 

Choose, and be patient. Investing in Item A means you'll have to postpone Item B most of the time. And the newest horse isn't always the shiniest one. No urgent need to grab the latest addition without going through the rest of the game first.

2 hours ago, buff7879 said:

The resource amount needed to make railjacks is just too much

It is too much? Can you elaborate please?

• 6m credits - 60 minutes total farm
    • 500k per 5 minutes PT
    • 2m per 20 minutes Index
  • 120 Copernics - 12min Orb Vallis
  • 100 Cubics - appx 20 minutes Cholistan
  • 120 Carbides - took me 5 minutes (5 Waves Seimeni)
  • 100 Pustrels - 11 minutes Eidolon

and my Cat was like "Hurr Durr, Me NoT kNoW hOw BuFf WoRk111 but let me stay in your way" all the time. Like seriously I had not a single Charm buff the whole time.

To conclude:

• 60 Minutes Credits
  • 12 Minutes Venus
  • 20 Minutes Europa
  • 10 Minutes Ceres (being generous here)
  • 11 Minutes Earth

totals in: 93 Minutes to farm the "bottleneck" resources. This is nothing compared to even some new frames. And you don't even have to grind hard because you still have 12hrs to wait several times

Proof:

Spoiler

GyVDFxz.jpg

ad7YX8L.jpg

xPow3P4.jpg

QiKvgDn.jpg

Bonus: Hurr-Durr cat

Ix9HNQo.jpg

• Like 3

The Railjack is very clearly aimed at end-game veterans sitting on a dragon's hoard of resources. For contrast, I found it pretty cheap because I'm already sitting on hundreds of thousands of all of the resources needed in, like 25K increments. I was even sitting on a few hundred Orokin Cells, along with ~15 million credits. That's not to say "It's fine, git gud scrub." - far from it. The Railjack is ABSOLUTELY out of reach for any new player and even most mid-range players. DE have been talking about "sustainable rewards," that dreaded term which gives me flashbacks to rentals in old Korean grindfest MMOs. The Railjack is clearly intended to be a resource sink for those of us who've already built everything we want and are now passively amassing resources we can't actually use. If anything from TennoCon was actually real (because the trailer wasn't), expect to have to dump massive amounts of resources into operating your Railjack once you have it built.

• Like 1

The only complaint I have is about credits, and that more stems from the severely limited credit gains outside of Index/Profit-taker.

Aside from the credits, none of the resources bar Argon Crystals are prohibitive in any way, even starting from zero of that resource.

Even when I was MR10/11 I had so much Alloy Plate that I only had to grind for more when I made my Kavat Incubator Segment.

Nothing else is an issue in the Railjack construction department aside from the credits, and even then you can run Index for them, despite the fact that I now hate the Index because of the farming.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't see the credits as an issue at all. For me at least, and I *only* had about 6mil credits when the update dropped. Now I have a completed Railjack and I'm sitting pretty at 7-8mil. Every part that I completed I didn't even notice my credits go down, so in that 12 hour period that I had to wait to build my next part I had earned another 1mil credits without ever touching the Index or Profit-Taker (I'm a fan of the fact you can't rush your railjack). Granted, I do have about 100 days left on my credit booster, but even then I wasn't actively farming credits, so I can only assume that the slightest effort on a players' part to farm the credits should be more than enough to get that oh-so-dreaded 6 million credits.

I also agree so far with the people who have said that Railjacks are a mid-to-late game endeavour. Just because they are available once you have completed The Second Dream doesn't mean you are supposed to be able to build one straight away. For example; if I am an 18 year-old fresh out of High-school and working part time at Mcdonalds to pay my way through University, should I be able to afford a Bugatti? The answer is no. But you can still see how much they cost and start saving for one. That's how I see the implementation of the Railjack quests as.

Mandatory "Railjack is too expensive, new players should be able to get it day one instead of enjoy the rest of the game while they arrive to it" topic of the day.

Seriously, can we get a ban on this kind of topics? It's been already discussed and it's like beating a dead horse. If you think the railjack is too expensive for you, then you are clearly not ready to build it. Keep playing and you'll get there. You don't need to do everything the day it releases, and don't tell me that you have everything done already because you're just MR10, you didn't even unlock all the weapons of the game yet.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

totals in: 93 Minutes to farm the "bottleneck" resources. This is nothing compared to even some new frames. And you don't even have to grind hard because you still have 12hrs to wait several times

Hmm.. Well...

*Has Khora farming flash backs*
*Realizes that they're MR-23 and still doesn't have the all the pieces for Harrow*
*Remembers spending 16 hours straight trying to get Vulcan Blitz (Yes, 16 hours... Not fun)*

Ugh... Gugh... *Slowly backs away*

But in all seriousness you're right, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. For instance when it came to the Carbides I was doing a solo interception (for a riven) for 4 rounds, noticed how much I got, how much were left that I needed, and stayed a 5 to get the rest.

The key (this is for people who are thinking it's just too much) is to "double dip" with other missions and/or objectives. It's not designed to be a dozen-hour-marathon nor be quickly completed by brand new people.

Edited by SpringRocker

On 2019-11-28 at 7:54 AM, Aldain said:

Aside from the credits, none of the resources bar Argon Crystals are prohibitive in any way, even starting from zero of that resource.

Even the argon aren't a big deal. If you want to spend an hour in the void all at once or over the course of 24 hours to collect 15 crystals (which isn't bad at all), you don't even have to grind it in a day. If you get a crystal or two, donate them to the build. They won't decay after they're donated. So you can add 1 a day for 2 weeks and you'll be fine.

I wouldn't worry overly about it, DE tends to front load the costs on a lot of things to slightly hinder the people who want to run over the content as fast as possible, they almost always change them to be cheaper after a while. With the Hema being an odd and specific counter-example, I think they just put their foot down cuz unless you were a moon clan (That's just impossible) it was supposed to be very hard to get and require clan participation.

If you can't afford it then play the game like normal, build yourself up and acquire the resources, even if they don't lower the cost, it's not that extreme, from what I've seen most people will only need to farm plastids (Of the old resources) and... That's pretty much it, Plastids are the only resource that most people use often enough and don't have plenty of reserves of because they drop in low amounts infrequently and are spent in higher amounts. Or at least that's what I've seen form other players, perhaps the planets that give plastids (Uranus... Mars?) aren't farmed as much.